What Makes This a Detailed RP?

Pretzel Heart

Afterimage of Broad Daylight
Ah...but first, if I may, a few disclaimers. If it were up to me we could just skip over such nonsense but, alas, the Government has required it ever since the last few unfortunate incidents.

Primum Movens is not for the faint of heart. Of course, there is no shame in turning back now. If you think you can find your own way out, that is.

But please, review the provisions below.

And for those depraved souls who find they can stomach such conditions, follow me to continue our descent.

Is This the RP for You?

Although RPN has gotten rid of the old system which let creators label their RP as either 'Simple,' 'Casual,' or 'Detailed,' if that was still in place, Primum Movens would be classified as 'Detailed.'
Why?
Because I like to write a lot, and I don't wanna be kink-shamed for writing 30 paragraphs in my own RP. xD
But that's not all!
Here are just a few things to think about before deciding if Primum Movens is right for you:

This RP is going to be lore heavy. There is already quite a bit of reading to do, and you are expected to keep on top of all of it. You uh...might have noticed our little guide is here to help make this task easier, but at the end of the day giant blocks of text are still giant blocks of text, and we recognize the struggle. Not only that, but you are expected to contribute to the lore, especially if you are taking on one of the "Representative" roles. If you don't like world building, then Primum Movens might not be your ideal. We plan to probe deep into Roserasia's past and the relationships between its countries and peoples. There is only going to be more and more information to read and keep track of as we start moving closer to the Cendrillion Ball and relationship statuses change. Which brings me to my next point...

This RP is going to require player strategy. As someone who has done a lot (? well, used to) of tabletop GMing, I like to structure my online RPs with tabletop mentality. Which means that it's up to the players to explore the world and collect information. This RP has many mystery elements, and solving them will give certain IC bonuses. In other words, you'll get out what you put in, which may even dramatically change the outcome of the story. Just so you know, there is no guaranteed "happy end." :p
This also means that we expect people to be communicative with one another and work together, chatting in the OOC, Discord, and PMs. Your character will not live in a bubble, and plotting and planning with one another really contributes to the excitement and depth of everyone's overall experience.

This RP will emphasize playing multiple characters. While at the start having just one is fine, we will be strongly encouraging people to make more as the plot thickens and avenues for development open up. It really helps the GMs! There is an incredible amount of NPCs needed to run this thing smoothly, and while, at the start, we are more than happy to cover the majority of them, as we all get to know each other and our play styles we would love to see you guys step up to the plate.

This RP will be plot driven. I like to think of Primum Movens as having roughly two halves. The first will have a stronger emphasis on building (and breaking) interpersonal relationships, so the more meat on your characters and their budding ties to others', the more fun and interesting it will be. However, the second half will focus on examining the consequences of those early relationships and decisions in the face of increasingly escalatory plot beats.
This is not a sand box RP. Even in the latter portion relationships will still be important, affecting the plot and your ability to strategize and solve mysteries. Likewise there will be definitive narrative beats directed by the GMs from the start, they just won't be as frequent or severe. When it comes to these plot elements we try to be as flexible as possible, though we do have a story in mind and we want everyone who joins to be able to add to that story in a healthy way. This means that we may put new ideas through a strict screening process, though we still love them to death and do our best to incorporate your wishes to the utmost of our ability. We just also have to make sure that the RP continues to run. And run for a looooong time to come because...

This RP will be long term. There is sooo much we have planned, and while we're very excited to see how things unfold, we're in no rush to get anywhere before its time. That being said, given the role-based nature of Primum Movens, it is difficult for us to smoothly replace characters. Therefore we are expecting that people who join are those interested in an RP that will continue over many months. Of course some things happen in life, and it's not always possible to predict where we'll be or if we'll need to take extended breaks. But try and consider your own habits and the types of games you enjoy before applying to this one.

There is no official post requirement, but... Be aware of what is going on around your character and the types of posts people are making. If the other players are creating long, thought-out responses, it may come off as disrespectful to give them an extremely concise reply in return. An ideal post will have both a reaction to what has already occurred and an action taken to move the story further, giving other players something to likewise respond to. You should also use your replies to develop your character and their surroundings. Though in the end, we ascribe to quality over quantity.

If you don't want the hassle of keeping on top of all these things, then perhaps this isn't the best RP for you. And there's nothing wrong with that! In fact, you're awesome for knowing your own tastes. Though we're ready to give anyone a chance who wants it. ;>

Johnny_Appleseed.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread