Other What Makes for the Ideal Roleplay Partner?

There are a few things that go into a good RP partner, but I think the first and most important is attitude. They must be into the RP as you are, which in turn becomes a desire to contribute and to forgive your imperfections. Second, I'm most-used to live RP, and so I like talking over chat in Discord, using Roll20 for our battlemat. So I guess a player who also likes live RP is great to have.

My top priority is communication. I am not advocating daily responses because I have hobbies outside of RPN, and coauthors might also. I'm fine with two to three replies a week. I get concerned if more than a week passes without a reply or notice. Please communicate that it's taking longer than a week to get a post out. On a side note, I know that there might be a situation where the coauthor leaves RPN and who knows when or if they will return. However, if the coauthor continues to log into RPN, please let me know that you have decided to leave the storyline.

Next, is grammar and punctuation. I am not looking for absolute perfection, but I need to be in a position where I can understand the post. Relatedly, the longer the post, the better. I've been known to write lengthy posts. I am not asking the coauthor to do the same, but I'm not looking for a one sentence post. Responses of one paragraph at least please.

I'd like to believe that my standards are quite low when it comes to finding a partner to write with. One of the main things I find really important in my partner is patience. If my writing partner checks off all the other boxes of requirements (third person perspective writing, lit multi-para but quality over quantity, willing to help plot and come up with ideas, etc.), but doesn't have patience, I always find myself turning away.

I guess another important point would be communication. If something doesn't end up as planned, or if I said something lore breaking, I really need my partner to just talk to me about it. As I will do the same to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back