Other What LGTBQ-Related question pisses you off?

I'm no expert on sports so always assumed trans athletes would have an advantage unless they're far enough along in HRT. Like, isn't that the point of it? To replace hormones? Without it the transwoman may have physical strength akin to a man. I think that is what most of these people are concerned about. It does seem rather odd they target transwomen specifically, though, rather than also ciswomen who naturally have a large amount of testosterone.
Yeah, that's sort of where I'm coming from with that. The differences in ability between a cis woman and a trans woman aren't much more pronounced than the differences that already naturally occur among cis women just because of genetics, same deal with cis men. I think it's also important to note that in professional sports, everyone at that level is already insanely physically gifted and the difference between success and failure at a professional level is determined more by training and skill than by muscle mass and bodyfat percentage.

(adding this to say that I don't mean to come off as hostile, not sure if sounds that way, bad at communicating tone through text.)

whenever some dude goes "so what's your real name?" to a trans person.

like why do you need to know? the only reason i can think of is to use that person's deadname instead of their, y'know, name.

this isn't a question but i also get pissed when, the moment some people know a person is trans, they instantly start looking
for the...idk how to say it, "cis traits" they have? for example, when my brother (who is accepting), found out that some random
person was a trans woman, he started trying to find the masculine physical traits she had. "why does she sound like a girl"
type thing, referring to how trans women sometimes have lower voices. idk, something about it annoys me. imo, just accept
them, use their pronouns, and move on.

( tell me if i'm in the wrong, though ^^ )
That may often be the case, but I feel like some may simply be asking out of pure curiosity too. I know when I learn that someone has changed their name for any reason I find myself growing curious as to what their previous name was (I'm just a curious person). Normally I don't go out of my way to ask, though, since I know some can genuinely get offended by it, transpeople especially since their former name may trigger dysphoria (particularly if their former name was very gendered). So yea, essentially I don't think necessarily asking this question is always out of malicious intent, even if some may mean it that way.

When people inquire as to my sexual habits when it has nothing to do with them.

I'm asexual so, I get a wild array of questions that people just shouldn't ask. It's none of anyone's business, and it's pretty offensive ngl. Why people feel entitled to sexual information is beyond me.

When people inquire as to my sexual habits when it has nothing to do with them.

I'm asexual so, I get a wild array of questions that people just shouldn't ask. It's none of anyone's business, and it's pretty offensive ngl. Why people feel entitled to sexual information is beyond me.
I'm also asexual and, yea, this is incredibly common :(. It's literally nobody else's business who I am or am not fucking.

i'm a bisexual and some of my partners before question my loyalty because i swing both ways. like i chose them for a reason and theyre always insinuating that i'm gonna leave them lol

edit: forgot to add, this mostly happened with my male partners before lmao, but i am in a happy and committed relationship now with someone who wont doubt my loyalty <3

Last edited:
What is everyone's pronouns I don't like it because someone's gender pronouns is not the first thing that comes to mind when I want to get to know someone. Same with what is your sexuality? I just feel my personal space is really invaded. Again, I don't need to know your sexual orientation to know you. My opinion is based through experience of living in a time where if you went to room with someone and you didn't tell them you were gay it was grounds to have you kicked out. My experience has made these questions super personal to me. Now, comfortable with my authentic self, I don't really feel the need to explain that to others. I much rather people get to know me based on my character. Same with others I much rather get to know your character. I suppose I wish the general spectrum of peoples would respect that. It's not a personal attack on anyone's safety and if you feel like sharing that is totally cool but I just really don't feel like saying my gender identity the first few seconds of meeting someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back