Other What is your proudest "physical" accomplishment?

Zombocalypse

Quintessential Badboy
What is your proudest "physical" accomplishment?

Originally, when I thought of posting this question to this community, I was thinking mainly athletic accomplishments like X-amount of weight lifted or X-amount of distance ran, stuff like that. But thinking about it, I want you all to be as inclusive as you can. Stuff like having your first kiss, losing weight, and winning an eating competition counts!

So what is it for you??

Heck, include giving birth if you want to. lol. Try to think of the word "physical" in as broad terms as you can. What about mastering the moonwalk?

Beating cancer!
I've had many things happen in my life, but uh... That kinda takes the cake. I always looked at people who battled against it as if they were accomplishing something I couldn't even conceive of doing. Turns out that when push comes to shove, you're forced to get into the nitty gritty and march through some way or another. You never really know how hard you can fight until you're surrounded at all sides. Rock on.

staying awake for just under nine days straight.

yes, really.

insomnia mixed with caffeine addiction is one hell of a drug.

A double "robin hood". Which means planting an arrow in the back of another arrow, twice in a row.

It was a costly affair. But still. That'll never happen again.

I got to sing the national anthem by myself for the Harlem Globetrotters! It was in this gigantic stadium and I’ll never forget it. I felt like I was going to pass out the whole time, so I’m super proud that I actually did it. Also I got the flu the next day, which is hilarious.

I grew up in a small (we're talking everybody knew everybody small) town in the south. I met my boyfriend several years ago online. He lives in California. We have spent the past 4 years doing two visits a year (I would visit California once and he would visit me once). I have pretty bad anxiety and panic attacks, causing me to take antidepressants. Just under two months ago, I pushed through my anxiety and certain judgmental family members and made the move to California. I'm still adjusting to the way things are here, but the move itself was a huge milestone.

I saved a little kid from drowning like... 8 years years ago??? It was during a class field trip in middle school. The pool was extremely crowded and the life guard wasn't paying any attention to the swimmers; she was talking to some dude.

I didnt do it for attention or anything, and when the whole school found out I got really mad because of the attention. It was focused on me, not the kid or the fact the life guard wasnt doing her job.

So a... yeah, I'm glad the kid's okay.

Going through a surgery all laughing and cracking jokes even if the anesthetic didn’t work. It was hell afterwards but I’m surprised at how brave I was.

Yesterday I went with two friends on a brutal biking trail - we calculated to have gone around 18 miles (30 km) in pretty much about four hours.

As you'd expect from a tough offroad trail, we adventured in the city's outskirts, crossing the the tropical rainfall municipal park and several acres of sugarcane plantations, following dirt roads that were bumpy. The path we took was essentially a succession of uphill and downhill slopes which were a pain both physically and, uhm, "mechanically" - I thought my bike would break sooner or later! The worst part was to, after three hours of the most extreme cycling experience I ever had, rush back home because the sun was setting. The amount of physical pain and exhaustion I felt - and hunger, oh God how hungry I was, I hadn't eaten for six hours and was cycling for three - along the frightening and oppressive darkness looming made that moment honestly terrible. But, in the end, the trail was an amazing experience, because like never before I put my physical limits to test.

In many moments I felt I'd just crumble down, but I managed to keep going despite it all, and overall I'm pretty proud of that.

Rucked 12 miles with a 40lbs rucksack...I only weighed 97lbs at the time it was torture :dead:

I haven't made a friend that I couldn't lift off their feet with a bearhug... Also I give bearhugs that are so strong they tend to harm the recipient accidentally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back