Other What is your opinion on raid-convos?

Kazami42

Budget Morpheus, soldier #1,128,300 reporting in.
So this is easy off to explain.
What is your opinion on what I call raid-convos, or friendly-shitposting. Despite of course what the meaning of the latter word is and me using it wrong. In other terms:

The act of going onto another person's thread, and making up a random reaction still pertinent to the thread, yet is also done with the purpose to generate activity or otherwise support so the thread's goal can be achieved. [I.E, going on a interest check of a great concept many may be interested in, but might not get seen, plopping down a positive meme or written reaction, and making the thread bump up to the top again.]

Or another variant if that isn't the goal of the poster, the act of doing that but rather than to get the thread to appear active/supported so other people interested is more likely to view it, it is done to spark up a conversation or discussion, maybe or maybe not entirely pertinent, which itself provides the active support to attract more viewers that may be interested in the thread as a consequence?

[IE, writing or plopping down a legit or joke reaction to the OP's post, but the goal being to spark merely a discussion on the concept to give additional details to other viewers, or sparking any general conversation that ends up giving the thread a positive viewer boost anyway. Such as a non-RP recruiting thread about how someone likes rabbits, and someone responds "rabbits are great *add detailed answer here*, but also what do you think about snakes?"]

In both cases however, the prompter might not actually be capable of joining the RP or discussion, or might not actually be interested into it themselves. Yet either one of either variant may want to contribute to it's endurance/support/viewing in other ways.

Duke Nukem Forever while not a great game, is an okay game.
Change my mind.

Depending on how it goes, it may become against the rules, especially if you're using someone's interest check thread as it can derail into unrelated conversation and will fall under spam/flooding.

So while it's nice to talk to people and attempt to bring their search threads to attention, it should be considerate enough to not end up with thread hijacking.

The act of going onto another person's thread, and making up a random reaction still pertinent to the thread, yet is also done with the purpose to generate activity or otherwise support so the thread's goal can be achieved. [I.E, going on a interest check of a great concept many may be interested in, but might not get seen, plopping down a positive meme or written reaction, and making the thread bump up to the top again.]

Is the prompter joining the discussion, and simply using the meme as a form of progressing the discussion, introduction, or response? Or in the case of RPs/interest checks, is it a form of self-introduction or statement of potential or actual interest?

--> If yes: Then I'm perfectly fine with it. It is, after all, part of the discussion or a declaration of wanting to be part of the RP.

--> If not: Was the prompter, at one point, part of the discussion or interest check?
|
| ---> If yes: Then it should be treated as a bump, like a bump would be from the original maker of the thread. It shouldn't be done without the permission of whoever made the thread nor to such a frequency that the sum of 'bumps' from the "convo raider" and the original maker of the thread become spam. RP interest checks are like a free market for people's time and interest. If something has fallen out of interest or the public eye odds are there was a good or at least strong reason for it. Your bump is likely to bury other threads that also deserve a chance at being seen without actually improving the odds of interest for the thread you are bumping.
|
|---> If not: While your intentions may be good, please avoid doing this. Sometimes it maybe will help, but there are also plenty of people who will feel more hurt by the false hope, or even may be confused or straight up hate the fact you posted in their thread without an actual intent to participate. At the very least, contact the owner of the thread before doing it. If not, maybe limit yourself to a rating.

[IE, writing or plopping down a legit or joke reaction to the OP's post, but the goal being to spark merely a discussion on the concept to give additional details to other viewers, or sparking any general conversation that ends up giving the thread a positive viewer boost anyway. Such as a non-RP recruiting thread about how someone likes rabbits, and someone responds "rabbits are great *add detailed answer here*, but also what do you think about snakes?"]

So long as it includes a legitimate answer that is fine I think. Just shitposting in a thread without intending to make real contribution (calling attention does not count as 'real contribution' in this case) is hardly different from trolling, and should be avoided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back