Other What is your favourite accent?

There's something about Cassandra Pentaghast's voice that I find very appealing. There's strength, passion, a hint of naivety, and powerful authority.

On TV, I hateee the British accents. They over exaggerate them way too much. I love the Australian accent though.

If we're talking TV/movies it depends. An Aussie speaking in their own accent can vary as to how extreme it is. An American actor trying to do an Aussie accent will either attempt to be Steve Irwin/Crocodile Dundee x 1000 or will really be doing an English accent.

Most Aussies don't speak with an accent as extreme as Steve Irwin anyway. Being Aussie I find a strong Aussie accent a turn off when a woman speaks that way.

I like UK accents, German, Scandinavian, Russian, Boer, American accents.

I know an Australian man, he's lived in the states for a bit though, so he has this entertaining mix of ups and downs in his speech which is just so entertaining to follow. By the end of what he's said you realize you've been paying more attention to his accent than what he's been saying. It's quite the predicament.

Stereotypical Russian or German accent

Or basically the "bond villain" accent pack

British and Australian, are by far my favorite accents to hear in the world! :) I'm American but I grew up on Harry Potter and listening to The Veronicas, so the spell was already cast lol. All joking aside, I love British accents (cockney and formal) and Australian accents as well. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back