TV & Film What is your favorite TV show at the moment?

Unrepentant Supernatural trash here.
Empire. Scandal (and anything else from Shonda Rhimes). The Family. The Strain. I actually don't watch much TV these days, it's tragic.

Uff there are so many, I like crime shows a lot so let's say Scorpions, Leverage or Breakout kings are at the top of my list at the moment but there are many others (I watch too many TV series).

I see a few that haven't been mentioned a whole lot, and are severely underrated.

The Good Place
A new, fun show that's still in the making. It's got two seasons, a plot that keeps you entertained and interested, comedy that pokes a lot of fun at popular and modern culture, characters with strong and flawed personalities, and much more. It's about a woman who is sent to "The Good Place" after she dies. I won't spoil anything else - the plot moves very quickly, and is therefore very spoil-able. Watch the two seasons for yourself on Netflix!

Galavant
Another relatively new comedy. It's full of, again, bright and flawed characters, a very modern sense of humour, and most importantly, music! Yes, this is a Musical, but in a TV series. The songs are very catchy, funny, and are often earworms. The story spins a tale of Galavant, a courageous knight who ventures across the land to do... Well, several things, actually. Oh, and there's a dragon later on. You just have to believe. Prepare for a funny medieval tale on Netflix!

Disenchantment
Yet another comedy! If you're a fan of animation, you might want to check this one out. From the makers of Futurama comes this funny medieval tale about a princess who wants more than anything to escape her life of royalty, planned marriage, and her controlling father. It also tells a tale of an elf from a faraway land, and a demon sent to sway princess Tiabeanie to the dark side. It's an ongoing plot with all sorts of fun shenanigans and character development. It's very new, and not very long yet. A determined binger could do it all in one day.

Marvel's Cloak and Dagger
A very dark and gritty TV show to contrast with the three comedies I've already mentioned. It's a rare case in which the two main heroes are really very bad people, just trying to make their way in an unforgiving world that will try to kill you every chance it gets. Our two teenage characters are polar opposites, yet similar in so many ways. Tandy's dad was killed in a brutal car accident, his name soiled by the company he works for. That combined with her neglectful mom turns her down the road of homelessness, drugs, and far more unpleasant things. Tyrone's life was changed on the very same day when his older brother is shot in front of him by a corrupt police department. They set out to find revenge, and discover their unique powers and strong connection.. If you have Hulu and you like a darker series, it's worth a go.

Well, those are the ones I've been watching lately. I've been stuck with a very large amount of time on my hands, so binge watching is a good way to pass the time. I hoped I sold these to you :P happy watching!

Top Gear will always be my favourite TV show. Though I haven't watched the new episodes since it just isn't the same without the original trio, and I haven't watched The Grand Tour yet since I don't have Amazon Prime.

I've been enjoying Frasier and Friends again because I like my late 90s sitcoms. But I've also been aggressively watching the Marvel Netflix series. RIP Iron Fist and Luke Cage tho lol

I am a sucker for cooking shows! The Great British baking Show has become a new obsession of mine! That, and The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell (though it is a bit silly, I highly recommend it to anyone who has a sweet tooth)!

At the moment (since the new seasons stared) my favourites are Law and Order SVU, Criminal Minds and How to Get Away with Murder.
It's so hard to wait an entire week for a new episode to air.

But the actual list is sooo much longer..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back