What is your favorite 'era' of DC?

Sir Les Paul

The Duke of Chords
Supporter
Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze, new...

Those are the simple ones. But, let's be honest, how many of us actually know those by heart?

This is more directed to which more recent era in the new age do you like. I kind'a see it as three:

The first being early 90's with Batman and Superman, Batman Beyond and eventually the Justice League (including Static Shock).

The second being the era of Teen Titans and I might even add Young Justice into this despite them being obviously different continuities.

The third (and the reason I would group the last two) is actually the live-action era where we see Arrow and Flash. Might as well throw in Smallville.

They're not necessarily eras, but they are pretty distinct groups. Obviously Smallville is like a decade older than Arrow, so don't worry about the details! This can include movie tie-ins as well; those were BIG and sitll are.

I ask this question because I want to see how everyone likes the 'groups' instead of what their favorite is WITHIN those groups. You can rank them or just pick their favorite. If you know much about me, you'll know my order is the first era followed by the second and the third.

sitanomoto sitanomoto D3lmoniko D3lmoniko NecroKnight NecroKnight The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Rui Rui Loony_Bin Loony_Bin ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Crono Crono Demonhunter Demonhunter AceofRoses AceofRoses Archon Archon Sopranos Sopranos Romani Romani ChazGhost ChazGhost Epiphany Epiphany

I was really big into JL and JLU growing up and I loved Teen Titans and YJL. Arrow, Flash though? They don't feel like comic book shows, as in, they feel like dramas with Heroes and Villains as a shtick. Gotham on the other hand, does a great job of rooting itself closer to reality while staying true to the comic book format.

Second Era. Modern. And I would say Bronze Age stuff - or rather animated shows made of those era heroes.

I want to say Teen Titans and Young Justice, but Batman The Animated Series and Batman Beyond were what got me into comic books in the first place (well...that and the 90's Spiderman cartoon, but this is DC RP so I'll sush on that topic) so I'd go with option one I suppose

Smallville Era. One of the first tv shows I remember watching with my parents.

Next would be Teen Titans Era. Childhood crush on Raven.

Batman Beyond Era would be my third choice, though close to Teen Titans as those where my two favorite animated DC shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back