Food What is your favorite coffee or tea and why do you drink coffee or tea?

Oooooo boy- coffee is a gamble, unlike tea, but I defo can enjoy me a cuppa of either! Fav tea's gotta be any sort of rooibos, 'cause, well, it's got a real unique zap about it that most regular teas don't have. My dad's a coffee expert so he can really pour top quality espressos, which I used to like 'till it began to give me anxiety; extra caffeine thrown into my naturally hyperactive maw kinda turns me into a bouncing bioweapon with the jitters to boot! Coffee's also good fun in a less concentrated way, though, throw in some frothed milk, any sorta coconut, hazelnut or caramel syrup and, bam, instant miracle!

Happy National Coffee Day, everybody (no matter what your favorite drink(s) is)! =)

From NPR, here's: "It's National Coffee Day. Here's How To Level Up Your Coffee Game" =)

GarnaalProductions GarnaalProductions As someone with ADHD, I've been told not to take in flavored coffees - just to stick "in moderation" with dark and medium roasts. That advice has really worked for me. =)

I'll try and remember that about rooibos tea, though. A tea with a "real unique zap?" Heck, why not try it, I say! =)

Oooooo so I'm just in time for festivities, I see! Happy Coffee Day my comrades, let us celebrate nature's energy drink internationally, eh?

And Dannigan Dannigan , thanks for the advice, there! I'm sure my local coffee professor'll know all about it- and I'd defo recommend you give rooibos a shot, yeah! Even if you don't like it, you might find it a fun enough experience to drink tea that's AcKtuALLy not 'real' tea. Either way, cheers, mate, thanks for providing the forums with this funny lil' subject!

Earl Grey because of Captain Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek The Next Generation.

Only coffee products I consume are chilled products like frappechinos.

I really love chamomile tea, but honey chai is a very close second! I do enjoy the occasional cup of coffee, though.

Earl Grey because of Captain Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek The Next Generation.

Only coffee products I consume are chilled products like frappechinos.
Pokeking Pokeking That's because Jean-Luc Picard is one of the coolest characters ever made played by one of the best actors who ever walk the stage! I applaud your taste!

I really love chamomile tea, but honey chai is a very close second! I do enjoy the occasional cup of coffee, though.
Pumpkin Pie Pumpkin Pie While I have long known the soothing taste of chamomile tea, I must admit to never having heard of "honey chai" before! I'd try that!

I’m not an avid coffee drinker, but when I do. It’s decaf with two creams and a sugar.
WishfulThinking WishfulThinking I like my coffee black or with milk and sometimes with some Ghirardelli chocolate mix, or cinnamon as I have recently discovered (yum)!

However my latest upcoming discovery will be turmeric powder! According to an article from o e of my ADHD resources, apparently turmeric has some good benefits for those who have hyperactive brains like mine. I'm looking forward to putting half a teaspoon into my coffee and seeing how it goes!

Anyone out there have experience with turmeric? I understand one should have it in coffee with some milk or black pepper?

I'm a big fan of Celestial Seasonings tea along with Bigelow. (I know big-time tea fans aren't too crazy about boxed commercial brand teas lol) I used to have a weird aversion to oddly flavored teas (think pumpkin spice, strawberry kiwi, etc).
Now I'm not so weird about it, I'll drink just about anything that catches my interest! Right now my favorites have to be:
1) Celestial Seasonings Caramel Apple Dream (goes scary good with the Delight brand caramel creamer!!)
2) Bigelow's Cozy Chamomile
3) Twining's Buttermint (I use heavy cream instead of milk for this one!)

Before I kinda accepted the fact that I liked boxed teas, I was really stuck up about tea! I'd turn up anything that wasn't loose-leaf, organic, and cream of the crop. This was a time when I was really heavy into natural remedies and drank it straight with no sugar or milk added, I have some favorites that followed me from that period of my life from how tasty they were without adding much:
1) Upton Tea Import's Columbian Tippy Black Organic (it tastes exactly like dark chocolate, and hot chocolate with milk and sugar!)
2) Upton Tea Import's Organic Competition Grade Matcha (has a really good savory taste, i used to drink it alot with meals)
3) Teaspring's Yin Zhen Tea Cake (will make your wallet cry, but very worth it! a little goes a long way)

I drink more tea than coffee. Ever since I got introduced to Teavana by a friend, I often purchase the loose leaf bags of Peach Tranquility and Earl Grey Creme. I drink the Peach tea when I’m craving a little fruitiness and Earl Grey for just normal every day.

(I know big-time tea fans aren't too crazy about boxed commercial brand teas lol)
Hey, I say that doesn't matter - you be you! berrybeans berrybeans Or if you'd rather a quote from Bruce Lee, "I am not in this world to live up to your expectations and you are not in this world to live up to mine." =)

Now I'm not so weird about it, I'll drink just about anything that catches my interest!
Boy, you already took to heart about you being you, didn't you? Hooray!

1) Upton Tea Import's Columbian Tippy Black Organic (it tastes exactly like dark chocolate, and hot chocolate with milk and sugar!)
Oooh. That one may have to come home! Thanks for sharing it! =)

Ever since I got introduced to Teavana by a friend, I often purchase the loose leaf bags of Peach Tranquility and Earl Grey Creme.
Meadows Meadows Hey! Earl Grey Creme. Does that mean it tastes smooth?

I like coffee that doesn't actually taste like coffee and is, in fact, just a glorified milkshake. All the benefits of coffee, minus the gross bitterness and all that.

I had my first pumpkin spice frappuccino today. Mmm. I can certainly see why they've become an annual tradition...darn the haters. Mind you I sort of forgot I was lactose intolerant and didn't know they made it with whole milk, but I like to think the horrible queasiness was worth it. I fully intend on trying the apple crisp one next...<rubs hands>

I like coffee that doesn't actually taste like coffee and is, in fact, just a glorified milkshake. All the benefits of coffee, minus the gross bitterness and all that.

Nihilum Nihilum There are a variety of good coffee flavors that have fruity or smooth (non-bitter) tastes if it's bitterness you're trying to avoid?

I had my first pumpkin spice frappuccino today. Mmm. I can certainly see why they've become an annual tradition...darn the haters. Mind you I sort of forgot I was lactose intolerant and didn't know they made it with whole milk, but I like to think the horrible queasiness was worth it. I fully intend on trying the apple crisp one next...<rubs hands>
Oh no! I'm glad it was worth it but... I feel for ya! I hope the apple crisp leaves you without the queasiness?

In your signature - that looks like a sleeping Alicorn with a cutie mark! Hey! Are you a Brony, too?

Strawberry lemonade tea one of the best i have ever tried.

I enjoy both tea and coffee. I really love milk teas in particular, and I have a pantry drawer full of teabags from Celestial Seasonings to Harney & Sons. I'm prone to stomach pains so I always have lemon and ginger; and peppermint teas on hand.

I'm weird with coffee. I prefer to grind the beans and brew it myself rather than buy coffee. I like my coffee with Irish cream liqueur.

It’s a tie between a chai cinnamon latte or mint lemon tea.

I prefer tea, my favourite being Barry's gold blend Irish breakfast tea. I have like 8 boxes of tea at home, but I like Rooibos, or anything with lemon or ginger most. I don't add any sugar to my tea, but do add a wee bit of milk to breakfast tea. For coffee, I prefer lattes and stuff, not super into it.

I keep going back to Java Planet Guatemalan. So smooth, no acidity. I'd been hunting for this perfect coffee for a long time. :xFgrin:

On my last vacation I discovered Thistle and Sprig teas..yet another must have in my life.

I drink coffee and tea for the flavor and the boost caffeine gives me in the morning. I switch to herbal teas in the afternoon.

Any coffee as long as it’s not bitter. As for why I drink it it get’s me going on projects.

If I picked a tea though I’d say Chamomile or Mint (chamomile has helped me sleep and I like the taste of mint tea)

Last edited:
I love tea!! I drink black tea, and while I don’t add anything to it, I drink it the Russian Jewish way, with a sugar cube between my teeth.

Hot chocolate is my favorite, with After Eight being my favorite flavor. However I drink more coffee than anything. I like to switch up the flavors for coffee because after a while I need a change and I drink it mainly for the caffeine, so I don't want to get bored of it. Hazelnut is a great coffee flavor imo.

Hot chocolate is my favorite, with After Eight being my favorite flavor. However I drink more coffee than anything. I like to switch up the flavors for coffee because after a while I need a change and I drink it mainly for the caffeine, so I don't want to get bored of it. Hazelnut is a great coffee flavor imo.
Abyss Abyss Thanks for sharing! What company produces this After Eight flavor, please?

Abyss Abyss Thanks for sharing! What company produces this After Eight flavor, please?

I've only found it in the Nestle variety packs that contain the Coffee Crisp and ROLO flavors. There's usually 3 each of those two flavors and 2 packets of After Eights if I remember right. You might be able to find them separately though, I'm not sure.

Edit: I'm seeing a few different flavor combos online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back