Food What is your favorite coffee or tea and why do you drink coffee or tea?

H Hootle What is Torani and is it added to only coffees? Or is it used with other drinks?

In my understanding of Southern U.S.A. sweet tea, there is a special way the tea and the sugar is mixed (that, somehow, the folks in the North have yet to figure out? They add the sugar *after* the mix? My lady, Kaerri, says they make it not sweet enough). I recommend Chik-Fil-A to anybody out there who wants a decent tea of this style. Theirs is a Georgia recipe that, especially for fast food, is pretty darned good! McDonald's, to my surprise, makes a passable sweet tea too.

But yeah. If you can see the sugar at the bottom of the cup... perhaps the person who put it together didn't have their morning cup yet if you get my meaning? =)

H Hootle What is Torani and is it added to only coffees? Or is it used with other drinks?

In my understanding of Southern U.S.A. sweet tea, there is a special way the tea and the sugar is mixed (that, somehow, the folks in the North have yet to figure out? They add the sugar *after* the mix? My lady, Kaerri, says they make it not sweet enough). I recommend Chik-Fil-A to anybody out there who wants a decent tea of this style. Theirs is a Georgia recipe that, especially for fast food, is pretty darned good! McDonald's, to my surprise, makes a passable sweet tea too.

But yeah. If you can see the sugar at the bottom of the cup... perhaps the person who put it together didn't have their morning cup yet if you get my meaning? =)
It is a syrup that comes in a variety of flavors.
91sw5QNrwHL._SX425_.jpg

My favorite happens to be French Vanilla. You can add it to tea-I have done that-or soda though I'm not sure I would want to try that. It gives it that extra kick and there are sugar free syrups if you're on that counting carbs thing.

Yeah, usually the sugar comes after. I haven't tried Chik-fil-A's sweet tea, I will have to the next time I go.

Torani. Cool! Thanks for sharing that!

Re: Chik-Fil-A. Ask for lemon too if you like it. Most of the stores will cut up a fresh lemon if they don't have slices ready. =)

I honest had a bit of a problem with coffee a few years back. I would drink coffee like a chain smoker smokes, always had to take a cup before I did anything. Drawing, hanging out with friends, watching a show, practicing music, writing, reading a book and honestly anything. I drank like 6 or 7 cups a day. I was thankfully able to break that bad habit I'm honestly not sure how but I just kinda stopped, I guess it just stopped having any kind of affect on me. I don't drink coffee anymore. I do love a matcha latte whenever the opportunity arises.

I've never liked tea always just tasted to earth or leaf's to me. I do got a buddy of mine who drinks a lot of ice lemon tea and boba tea that suff slaps, I always take some if they offer but I don't personally sought after it.

Cheesemick Cheesemick Yeah. Caffeine addiction is definitely a real thing and the headaches that can result from it are not fun. However, I've noticed that taken in moderation, coffee helps my headaches. I try to stay around the recommended 200 mg/day.

I've a South American acquaintance who just swears by matcha! She'll carry her special cup and water bottle around with her all day, just sipping out of it, nursing it for hours at a time. =)

What is boba tea, please?

Coffee and energy drinks are what keep me functioning (this is a legit addiction and I'm not proud of it). Have been for the last 8 years. They did the same for me through college too. I think I only had a 3 year break from them. I actually hate the taste of coffee but it's something I put up with to get the fix I (unhealthily) rely on. It needs to be sweet and creamy. I try to keep sugar out of it and only get sweetners or no added sugar varieties. My favourite coffee is a vanilla latte made with coconut milk. But I basic bitch it in the fall and always get a pumpkin spice. Then I'm all about the eggnog latte during Christmas, but it's usually sold out so I tend to just get whatever seasonal coffee is on offer.

I'm British so tea is something I drank from being like... Born (almost). I still drink it but coffee mainly replaced it. My favourite teas are chai and bubble tea. I also have a soft spot for tea time classics like earl/lady grey and red bush.

can’t drink regular coffee because it gives me hella headaches for some reason, so i opt for tea. green tea or lipton with no sugar or other additives.

sometimes when i’m just craving the taste of coffee I’ll order some fancy decaf frap from starbucks.

Hmm! Makes me wonder if you're unusually sensitive to caffeine?

Plus... there's nothing wrong at all with green tea or Lipton as is. =)

I will drink my weight in McDonalds coffee each day if I am allowed to. I have no proof, but I have my suspicions that I'm the primary reason my local McDonalds doesn't offer the free small coffee or .50 dollar extra large promotion any more. They used to do it for one weekend every three months or so, and I'm SURE that during those times I've done enough damage to my body by consuming obscene amounts of their coffee that I've dropped my life expectancy significantly.

There are days I don't eat, just drink McDonalds coffee. I'm finishing one off as I type this.

The Great Sage The Great Sage Wow! Fellow storyteller, I do not envy you the caffeine withdrawal headaches you might have to suffer should you be forced to shift gears someday. Oof!

Do you genuinely enjoy their coffee that much or is this a simple habit that has just gone on for a long time (or both or neither)? At least you're not wrecking your wallet buying expensive coffee like Starbucks, right?

Also, I have to ask. - why not eat?

I don't know if I get headaches... but there certainly is a feeling of irritability if I don't get my fix. I do think that McDonalds coffee is the best, but I'm certainly no connoisseur. It just tastes less bitter than any alternative I have access to.

As for not eating - just forget to sometimes. You know how it is.

i LiKe My CoFfEe BlAcK, bLaCk, As My SoUl

But seriously, I like my coffee as caffeinated as possible with no sweeteners or anything. Why? I don't know, I just need the caffeine boost and it low key tastes good when it's strong. Am I weird? Probably XD

I don't know if I get headaches... but there certainly is a feeling of irritability if I don't get my fix. I do think that McDonalds coffee is the best, but I'm certainly no connoisseur. It just tastes less bitter than any alternative I have access to.

As for not eating - just forget to sometimes. You know how it is.
While I'd love to be the "cool kid" here and agree, if I am to be honest, I must say that I really, really don't. At least, not anymore. My moderate-severe ADHD has taught me a lot about how my brain and body works. I've learned that I tend to suffer if I haven't fueled myself (sometimes that alone triggers my headaches - especially lack of proteins like meats, nuts, and some fruits). I carry food with me on a regular basis - in my vehicle, at my workplace, on my person. Besides, I learn that I am happier when I'm fed and I've long held true the old adage, "Never do business on an empty stomach." Plus, the same goes for me when it comes to roleplaying too! I do my best when I'm rested and fed. All things (including coffee and tea) in moderation for me though I don't judge anyone else for doing it differently; we all have different bodies and brains after all! =)

i LiKe My CoFfEe BlAcK, bLaCk, As My SoUl

But seriously, I like my coffee as caffeinated as possible with no sweeteners or anything. Why? I don't know, I just need the caffeine boost and it low key tastes good when it's strong. Am I weird? Probably XD
There is something to be said for black coffee! I like reading medical articles about ADHD, coffee, caffeine and how they can mix together. My favorite is Johns Hopkins. My current favorite dark coffee, served black (as I've been told by my medical health professional to avoid flavorings and drink all things in moderation). We're talking around 65 mg of caffeine and that works for me.

As for being weird, well welcome to the tribe! This is RP Nation and I'm sure people who pride themselves on being perfectly normal might realize just how boring being normal is! Hooray for weird! Embrace the mucho funky! Wheee! =)

The Child Baby GIF by Disney+

While I'd love to be the "cool kid" here and agree, if I am to be honest, I must say that I really, really don't.

Don't sell yourself short. I, too, am in treatment for a psychological illness and the drugs I have to take must play a part in my forgetfulness. Just because we're on opposite sides doesn't necessarily mean we're not flipping the same coin.

The Great Sage The Great Sage Ha ha! You are right. Perhaps I am selling myself short in that regard. Thanks, Great Sage. I think I needed to be reminded of that. I like the way you think and how you use your words.

If I could, frankly... I'd buy you a cup of coffee. Probably McDonald's. *toast* Here's to flipping that coin! =)

Prince Lutin Prince Lutin What kind? Caffeinated or non? Are there sodas from different countries you've tried (say, German, Japanese, or others? Water makes a difference, I've learned!). =)

In terms of soda, I mostly like Coca-Cola and Pepsi, though I'm also fond of Fanta and Crush (I'm a big fan of fruit-flavored sodas). I don't have a preference for whether it's caffeinated or not. I tend to prefer diet soda because that's usually what my mom buys (I still live with my mom and dad). I'm not a fan of seltzer or other clear sodas, although recently I had a pina colada-flavored Fanta that was clear in color and it was good.

I've had those hard-to-open Japanese sodas with the ball in them a few times. They're good, but opening them is such a pain in the ass!

I always found it weird that people in the South refer to all soda as "coke", even if it's not Coca-Cola. (In case you're wondering, I'm from New York, and here we use "soda". Yep, "soda" is typical Yankee terminology.)

Oooh! Pina Colada-flavored Fanta? I didn't know that existed. I'd try that!

Re: Japanese sodas. It makes me wonder how the Japanese open them.

Yes! "Soda" and "soda pop" are about as "Nehw Yawhk" as it gets. And why not? There's no place the The Big Apple! =)

I'm actually not from NYC proper - I live on Long Island, which is to the east of NYC. NYC is basically our gateway to the rest of the country.

Close enough, though. I've been to NYC countless times.

Well, if there's one thing I've learned about NYC and the five boroughs - if you can survive there, you can survive just about anywhere! Massive blackouts, Superstorm Sandy, the atmosphere in general - there's no place like New York! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back