Music What is your Favorite Band?

Probably system of a down because of my history with it I just remember being a little kid with my dad dancing around a fire we made from newspapers and metal trash cans with his creepy friends and chugging mountain dew until 6 in the morning to chop suey

It's mainly Unleash the Archers, Kamelot, and Nightwish. I like other bands, but they are my favorites.

Another difficult question I can't resist answering because it challenges me so much. I love music. The connection between music and my RP process makes it even more special on RPN.

My mind goes straight to Black Sabbath because they helped spearhead a new type of sound and I loved them growing up. But I can't just throw other great bands form the 60s under the bus. The Who, Pink Floyd, and Led Zepplin also got their start in the 1960s, and were right there, pioneering a new type of sound and quality in mainstream music. For me it's about more than volume of songs I like. If that were the only criteria it would be a slam dunk case for Metallica, but that's not how i feel.

Either Sabbath or Pink Floyd would have to be my favorites. If it weren't for bands like this, the music we listen to today might sound very different.

Take for example this Pink Floyd song from 1975. It has a haunting, docile quality in its lyrics and instrumentals that reminds one of modern genres like grunge, and back in the mid-70s, no one was making music like this. The industry norms were generally the exact opposite.

One of the great things about these bands is the era they worked in. The industry was less prepared and packaged back then. Artists didn't set out to create super albums full of over-produced songs made for the radio. They expressed themselves through their craft, and explored strange new territory on every album, creating a spectrum of sound within their material.

prolly seems a smidge out o' place but me favorite band would 'ave to be the Irish Rovers.

Thar be somethin' magical about them Irish reels and sea shanties.

right now it's slipknot!!! i never got into them that much but now im really really into them

It always has and always will be Eyeshine. Now, if you don't know who they are, they were the band Johnny Yong Bosch (voices of Ichigo Kurosaki and other anime characters) had up until a couple of years ago. Now he and the lead guitarist of Eyeshine, Polo, have a duo project, Wheregiantsfall, which is also my new favorite because i'm loyal af.

Foo Fighters, been a fan for as long as I can remember. Got to see them live on Friday for the first time ever.
Saw them in Detroit last year. The definition of a band being way better live than in studio. Loved it despite the cramped seating.

I don't listen to a lot of bands, but one band that I'll listen to forever is "The killers"
They're the guys that did Mr Brightside :)

Korn, got to see them for the first time in the summer. I cried so hard lol. I have a bunch of blurry pics from the concert and one shaky 16 second vid of me singing along to Divine lol.
I also like The Cure (uhmm? I think that's obvious), Joy Division, Clan of Xymox... And a bunch of other stuff.

I've been really in to STYX lately. They're not very deep or thought-provoking, just a dumb fun 70s-80s arena rock band. Their current front man is Canadian (Larry Gowan), whose solo career is also pretty fun.

There's a new punk band that's still pretty underground called Vial. I think their debut album is pretty sweet! I've also been a big fan of My Chemical Romance for a long time, and I'm pretty excited about them going back on tour.

Either Journey or Aerosmith. I can never get tires of any of their music and it’s usually the kind that gets my energy up to work out, relax, sing to or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back