Opinion What is your biggest fear?

That someone could prove Christianity undeniably wrong.
If someone did it, man... I don't know what I would do, but it wouldn't be productive by any stretch.
Or sane.

Also eye injuries of any kind, groin injuries, death (yes, followed by death), bugs, failure, falling, heights because of the possibility of falling, and responsibility.
whilst i'm by no means religious, i strongly believe that there is no possible way to prove a religion wrong'. it is a personal journey and faith, and as long as YOU believe and stay strong to your beliefs, nothing can ever count it as wrong. i'm not even religious, but i truly believe that every and all religion is just as validated as any other religion. (-:

as for my biggest fear, i've always been afraid of the ocean. i was born and raised on the beach, but god, i could never get IN it. it's just so... dirty. i'll sunbathe on the sand, thank you though.

Biggest fears are spiders (thank god I live in a country without large spiders), and spit (comes and goes, sometimes I don't mind, most of the time I can't stand it.)

Disappointment. Especially my dad. The thought of disappointing him makes me tear up and feel so worthless lol.

That's why i don't like expectations, they're mostly a burden to me honestly

My biggest fear... well. My biggest fear is probably... being understood. It sounds odd right? Pretty much everyone wants to be understood. But me? I want to be that one person away from the group. I want people to not understand me because it helps me build myself as a person. The more I am confusing the others, the more comfortable I feel. It scares me when others believe they can understand me when I thought I was unique. Of course this probably makes no sense. But this is my fear

large objects. planets. everything about them terrifies me to the end of my wits, but at the same time they're utterly fascinating. both large objects and planets, i mean.
planes are, well, amazing in the sense that they can fly...in the air...despite their huge build. specially designed chunks of huge metal carrying potentially hundreds of people and hundreds more articles of clothing, souvenirs etc. on the same chunk of metal? pretty amazing.
planets are just the same. space is such an intriguing subject and i've always held a small passion for it; i just can't stare at images of, say, the moon for too long haha.

another pretty irrational fear i have is the fear of huge wind turbines. they're pretty intimidating.
those are two of my biggest fears.

Amounting to nothing. I am obsessed with my ambition, and the idea of my name being forgotten in a matter of generations keeps me up at night.

Which is sometimes worrying, as I often find I don’t mind what I’m actually remembered for...and some things are a lot worse than others.

My biggest fear is losing my dad and having to watch him die because he's all I have left. When I was 17 I had to watch my mom die of a heart attack and after that i was switched between 2 aunts before finally living with my dad. I feel like now my mom's family doesn't want me and that all I have is my dad and his family.

Being kicked out of cadet training due to physical incapabilities (and several medical problems I'm pushing through). It would be a huge step back for me in my military career, albeit I could always become an officer through Army training instead of cadet training. It would just likely be a bit more difficult for me physically. It's a constant stressor for me being in the training because I know how much I get judged for primarily being physically inadequate. Most of the cadets training me don't realize how much pain I have to push through on a daily basis to keep going and just assume I'm constantly giving up on myself. I can't explain this concept to most cadets, though. They assume succumbing to pain means you're simply weak. They can't understand that I've spent nearly my entire life in pain to a degree.

Biggest fear is probably the unknown. My mind starts filling in the blanks in various entirely uncreative ways which occasionally makes me convinced there are giant spiders in my shoes. Second fear also ties into this, in that I fear being helpless. Being scared out of your mind by something entirely made up yet terrifying with no way to help myself is probably the recurring theme in my nightmares.

actually my mind seems to have decided that nothing can be simple and nothing ever goes my way in normal dreams either

putting these fears into practise generally means i just fear being useless. its scary, watching everyone else do work while you relax, as your mind starts to make up stories about how they hate you because of this.

also, speaking about more mundane matters, im tryophobic.

My biggest fear is to be alone.
Actually, I like being alone, but I am scared to lose the people I care and it scares me to death

I think i can't bring myself post my main one it's a bit too personal. But another would be being totally alone. No home no warmth just being alone with yourself somewhere. Terrifies me ?

This sounds so dumb but-
Syringes.
Syringes of any kind.
vaccination, taking blood, yada yada yada- I'd probably have a half mental breakdown if someone tried to get to me with one of those things.
But that's because of something that happened to me a couple of years ago so yeah X'D

Also- falling back into depression.
I'm doing so damn great right now, don't ever want fall back! :3

I... don't have many external fears. Not really anyway.

-Becoming obese
-Being financially unstable (this causes me not to spend a damn dime on anything. Food, clothes, etc.)
-Becoming my mom (wow, so original, but she was actually the worst)
-Being alone (in the sense that I will not find one person who understands me / will listen to a word I say)
-Looking back on my future and knowing I could've done more than what I did (currently, this is what keeps me up at night)

The goddamn ocean and other large bodies of water where you can't see all the way through. I keep thinking there're things don't there. It's the reason why I've never swam in the ocean or a lake and just about any other body of water other than swimming pools in my life.

Also, dishonouring my family because I will be disowned. Such is the life of an Asian.

Starving to death. Because i'd heard that your stomach hurts horribly while you starve.

Also being the target of a mob-based murder. I'm just scared of people being unable to find my remains.

Of there being nothing after we die. There has to be something other than a big black empty void.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back