Opinion What is your biggest fear?

Captain Gabriel

Three Thousand Club
My biggest fear, in all honesty, is nothing.
In the true sense of the world.
Nothingness terrorizes me.
The fact that my brain cannot comprehend such a simple concept because it is not able to...NOT think is agonizingly scary.

My biggest fear would be darkness. Not knowing what's in it causes my mind to start seeing things. And none of them are ever cutesy creatures or anything of the sort. It doesn't help if I'm alone as well.

That someone could prove Christianity undeniably wrong.
If someone did it, man... I don't know what I would do, but it wouldn't be productive by any stretch.
Or sane.

Also eye injuries of any kind, groin injuries, death (yes, followed by death), bugs, failure, falling, heights because of the possibility of falling, and responsibility.

Last edited:
If I had to say...It's either Centipedes (too many legs on one creature) or the possibility that there may be absolutely nothing waiting for us when we die.

If I had to say...It's either Centipedes (too many legs on one creature) or the possibility that there may be absolutely nothing waiting for us when we die.
And here we connect to my fear.
Fear of nothingness.
It's the same fear that we have. The thought of not being able to think is scary.

That someone could prove Christianity undeniably wrong.
If someone did it, man... I don't know what I would do, but it wouldn't be productive by any stretch.
Or sane.
As a matter of fact, I have more than plethora of arguments at ready to disprove anything the Bible could throw at me.
That's how I converted Gabriel to atheism, even though I'm agnostic myself. (Essentially, Agnosticism is a less-hardcore version of atheism that believes there MIGHT be a God, but you can't know for sure. Gabriel went beyond that after I discussed religion with him.)

Either way. I will not.
I'm not going to disprove Christianity to him, because it will leave him without emotional backup and support when he thinks about death. He said it himself; "wouldn't be productive by any stretch. Or sane."
I'm not that cruel.

It's not that you can't disprove individual arguments in the Bible but rather that you can't disprove the existence of a god. You also can't disprove the multiple worlds interpretation so I'm sure that in of those instances I'm not explaining this right now.

Thanks, Birdsie. I have finals today and tomorrow on subjects that my mastery level tops out at 0 for, so...
Don't need extra stress.

Also because the way my thought process works, I think it would go beyond existentialism and depression and stuff.

Last edited:
Asteroids getting caught into Earth's field of gravity and than colliding into it, fucking up some big city than due to gravity in space it starts forming a sphere again only to have more asteroids fuck Earth and no everyone is dead and the earth has to restart its origin story, just a bit bigger.

Also the sun going out but that has more advantages than downsides.

Well, I have a couple...
- wasps (or anything tiny that flies around and stings people for that matter. *shudders*)
- Being completely alone for eternity. No humans, nothing to interact with; just complete isolation forever.
the possibility that there may be absolutely nothing waiting for us when we die.
Thanks for giving me a new fear xD.

Mine's probably the classic one that plenty of people hate/dislike - insects. Especially the larger ones like big spiders and even stuff such as beetles the size of thumbtacks and such. I could try to rationalize it as much as I like but whenever I come close to them, I can't help getting all shivery and such. I'll still do what I have to do to get rid of those but I'll be quite shaken by the end of it. Hands trembling and all.

Being held down or confined in a way that I can't move. Just thinking about it makes me start to freak out a little. Small spaces don't bother me as long as I can move and stretch out

That if I leave a container with food out and don't seal it completely, and the container is opaque and I cannot see through it, there could be bugs inside and I wouldn't be able to know until it was too late.

I can't look out of windows at night, and I'm also afraid if I have to open my eyes in the dark - I'm always scared there's gonna be a face outside the window or someone standing in front of me when I open my eyes. Especially on those nights where I get that weird feeling like I'm being watched. T^T

Not much scares me, but what does scare me the most is walking alone in the ocean. Not necessarily a fear of water but just bunk. We know more about the surface of the moon than we know about something that is on our own planet. We really have no idea what could be down there. Cthulhu? Aliens? A super race that will rise to kill us all? We don't know.

*religious argument senses tingling*

I absolutely despise wasps and biting flies. That low hum of the wings flapping always sets me into panic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back