Other What is the most roleplayed genre?

What is the most roleplayer genre?

• Adventuring groups (you know, like D&D style adventures minus the D&D)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Superhero team ups

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello there fellow humans. I have recently become curious about the most roleplayer genre. And I don't mean sci-fi or fantasy or anything like that. Those are big enough I can easily tell (fantasy is one of the most popular btw). I mean individual subgenres. You know, like romance. So, what do you think the most roleplayer genre is? The poll only scratches the surface because I only have the ability to make so many poll options. If think it's one not listed just pick other and specify below.

I'd say it varies depending on the type though. Like a 1x1 roleplay is a different styles and has different strengths and weaknesses than a group does.

A group for instance isn't designed to allow for a lot of romance between characters just because there are more characters involved and typically the focus is something else. ( even if it's just slice of life or school shenanigans )

1x1s on the otherhand tend to fall overwhelmingly into romance because the style of roleplay makes it easier to do those kind of roleplays. It's usually two people playing two point of view characters which is the perfect set up for romance.

Moreover people don't really do a lot of overlap between the two. Like 1x1 roleplayers don't tend to do groups as well and group roleplayers don't really do 1x1s.

So the differences will skew the answers quite a bit.

I'd say it varies depending on the type though. Like a 1x1 roleplay is a different styles and has different strengths and weaknesses than a group does.

A group for instance isn't designed to allow for a lot of romance between characters just because there are more characters involved and typically the focus is something else. ( even if it's just slice of life or school shenanigans )

1x1s on the otherhand tend to fall overwhelmingly into romance because the style of roleplay makes it easier to do those kind of roleplays. It's usually two people playing two point of view characters which is the perfect set up for romance.

Moreover people don't really do a lot of overlap between the two. Like 1x1 roleplayers don't tend to do groups as well and group roleplayers don't really do 1x1s.

So the differences will skew the answers quite a bit.
Yeah, it's mostly groups then. I'm a largely group roleplayer and couldn't play a 1x1 roleplay for my life.

I definitely think romance takes the cake. I haven't browsed the "Looking for rp" section on this website, but on others it's all I see people ask for.

I definitely think romance takes the cake. I haven't browsed the "Looking for rp" section on this website, but on others it's all I see people ask for.

Really ? I wouldn't think it would be that popular in groups for the reasons I listed above. I mean I don't do groups so I really couldn't say but I would think that the sheer number of people involved would make romance a great deal less popular.

Really ? I wouldn't think it would be that popular in groups for the reasons I listed above. I mean I don't do groups so I really couldn't say but I would think that the sheer number of people involved would make romance a great deal less popular.

I roleplay in a few rp groups on an app called Amino. The app has a public chat function which is basically used for group rps, and romance is the most common group rp on there. It'll usually be a "romance acedemy" rp, or something along those lines.

While there are no romance focused group RPs here most people will find a way to shoehorn it in there somehow. It's like a rule.

I roleplay in a few rp groups on an app called Amino. The app has a public chat function which is basically used for group rps, and romance is the most common group rp on there. It'll usually be a "romance acedemy" rp, or something along those lines.

Romance Academy? *giggles* What ... I ... so the purpose of the academy is to learn romance? *snorts* That's actually a really clever idea. I mean I don't think that's what you meant but I think a tongue and cheek roleplay about various confirmed bachelors/bachelorettes learning how to do romance would be super fun.

While there are no romance focused group RPs here most people will find a way to shoehorn it in there somehow. It's like a rule.

I am just - but how? I mean I saw it happened maybe once or twice when I did groups but it was usually in the more , shall we say mature themed roleplays. And since you can't do those kind of things on this site I'm not sure how you would shoehorn romance in?

I am just - but how? I mean I saw it happened maybe once or twice when I did groups but it was usually in the more , shall we say mature themed roleplays. And since you can't do those kind of things on this site I'm not sure how you would shoehorn romance in?
It's easy. Two characters have a romantic attraction too each other. It happens all the time in books and those have multiple main characters.

It's easy. Two characters have a romantic attraction too each other. It happens all the time in books and those have multiple main characters.

I mean how does it get shoe-horned into a plot with multiple protagonists? I mean obviously people can have various relationships in a roleplay. But to me a shoe-horned plot is when a roleplay become focused entirely on what should be a sub-plot.

For instance...

Character A x Character B fall in love and suddenly the entire group is about their relationship.

Like how would that work in a group when there are obviously more than just those two people.

I mean how does it get shoe-horned into a plot with multiple protagonists? I mean obviously people can have various relationships in a roleplay. But to me a shoe-horned plot is when a roleplay become focused entirely on what should be a sub-plot.

For instance...

Character A x Character B fall in love and suddenly the entire group is about their relationship.

Like how would that work in a group when there are obviously more than just those two people.
It appears were operating on entirely different definitions of shoe-horned.

Romance. For sure, romance. You can't convince me otherwise.

.... I mean, you probably could, with data and stuff.

I don't know if you meant the question that way. The most roleplaying genre as we think it, or the most roleplaying genre by us-users?
Because I'm sure that tehre are plenty people here who'd say adventure, but realistically, internet-wide, it's romance - no doubt there.

I don't know if you meant the question that way. The most roleplaying genre as we think it, or the most roleplaying genre by us-users?
Because I'm sure that tehre are plenty people here who'd say adventure, but realistically, internet-wide, it's romance - no doubt there.
What you think the the most roleplayed genre is. Not anyone else. Just you. (See what im doing here? This is why uncle sam works.)

What you think the the most roleplayed genre is. Not anyone else. Just you. (See what im doing here? This is why uncle sam works.)
No, you misunderstand.
What I THINK is the most playable genre, or what I know I PLAY the most and is the most playable for me personally?

As in, I mostly play detective, which is probably 6 out of 10 times the thing for me, and so it is the most playable genre for myself; but I think, world-wide, in the internet the most playable genre is romance.

No, you misunderstand.
What I THINK is the most playable genre, or what I know I PLAY the most and is the most playable for me personally?

As in, I mostly play detective, which is probably 6 out of 10 times the thing for me, and so it is the most playable genre for myself; but I think, world-wide, in the internet the most playable genre is romance.
Its what you think is roleplayed the most by the community as a whole.

Depends on how the genres are defined; also if it's 1x1 or group.

1x1? Romance is easily a pre-requisite in 75% (look at me, pulling numbers out of my ass!) of the RPs. People love their ships, what can I say?

Group? Anything with teenagers. Maybe it's got something to do with the site's main demographic?

Might be interesting to tackle this question using the site's conventions. Going by the numbers, it appears that Fantasy has the most threads and messages, followed closely behind by Fandom and Realistic/Modern, respectively. Curiously enough, in terms of Interest Checks, Fandom has more threads than Fantasy, but less messages. Realistic/Modern, again, comes third.

Of course, the numbers don't really paint the whole story. The lines between these genres could be pretty hazy at times. You also have to take into account that the numbers may be inflated with 'bump' posts, or posting sprees that are more common with simple/casual RPs than intermediate/advanced ones.

Also would be interesting to know which genre has the highest average RP lifespan. Could it be Fantasy? Since it's easier to make things more interesting with supernatural elements?

But yeah, superhero academies, basically. Also, there's a high school for everything and I mean everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back