What is the most confusing/enraging/gross/ohmighodno pitch you've ever gotten?

Bells of Nevermore

The Tintinnabulation of the Bells
For me, it was something years ago, in a Star Trek roleplay. This person who used to be very into playing Green Orions had this whole thing where she was taking the term 'Orion animal woman' waaaay too far, stating that for a Green Orion female to successfully mate and bear young... uh... I don't think I really can go into very much detail, so I am going to just leave it ther. At the time, I had a pretty decent group RP set up that was a little like Deep Space Nine in that it took place in a remote space station. She joined the group and almost immediately hit me up, wanting to do her whole icky thing. I had it basically all over my profile and everywhere else that I 1. don't do ERP and 2. sure as hell don't do illegal ERP. (The site was one that allowed some pretty out-there play to go on.) I told her no, and removed her from the group and she went on a complete rampage, accusing me of being just about any kind of bigot you can imagine. She eventually got banned from the site for doing basically the same thing to two other people.

I’m not really a 1x1 kind of girl, so not quite pitches perse, but I’ve gotten into situations in group rps that could’ve led down concerning paths had I gone along with them.

I’ve mentioned this story before, but since I don’t want to go hunting for whichever thread I told it in the first time, I’ll tell it again.

I was in a crossover roleplay with both fandom and OCs being allowed on the Roblox forums. Me, being 12 years old at the time with a lot less idea on how to make a good OC as I do now, made a bunch of OCs that basically boiled down to girls with animal ears with one note personality. Thanks to events in the “masterly written” story, the apartment building my main set of OCs lived in got obliterated, and another guy’s character let them stay in his house.

Sounds like it’s just an innocent friends helping friends, huh?

Nope.

A few posts into this arrangement, the other guy’s character requests that my characters open the cabinets, revealing a bunch of maid uniforms with obvious implications. Me now agrees with younger me’s feelings of discomfort with the mere concept of this, even more so with the mild concern that arose when he was mildly pushy about it when I didn’t immediately jump to it. Thankfully I was able to wiggle out of the situation with one of my characters punching the other guy’s character, knocking him out. But I dread what could’ve happened had I gone along with it, or my “I am not doing this” move didn’t work.

Eeeyikes!! Yeah, that sounds like an agenda. I've had similar, where someone has tried the 'surprise! ERP!' thing on me. I don't like ERP. I completely hate it when it's dropped on me or insisted upon. And I ain't even gonna get into the fact that you were so young at the time! We all know those implications!

This didn't happen to me, but someone whipped out the surprise ERP thing in a pretty big, relatively successful multifandom RP with a bevy of problems (a lack of real direction, character alliances making no sense, etc.)

The RP-runner decided that the only way for these big, powerful OC gods to have a child is literal steamy sex on full display of the everyone in the the RP. The person playing the goddess of order declined this, figuring these gods could reproduce in less literal ways, considering they have great cosmic abilities, but the RP-runner still wanted to take the Greek approach to things. This constituted a bit of drama, naturally, as was this guy's thing at the time.

The guy in charge later got banned for insulting my friend based on his race.

LOL... actually, I am a big, loud, disabled Navy veteran who rolls around in a wheelchair, belting out F-bombs and worse!

Another 'nope'. This one happened to a friend. Said friend was messing about on a heavy-smut RP site, so smut pitches were de rigeur. However, this one left her doing the icky dance, because the person wanted to have my friend play off a character whose junk was where her face should be and face was where the junk should be. I don't kink-shame, but... wat.

An old acquaintance from high school messaged me just the other day and asked me to roleplay a realistic and detailed courtroom scene of me being put on trial for sexually assaulting her, but I had amnesia and couldn't remember the events and had to go off evidence and accusations to piece together what happened and then formulate a defense.

Blocked that person.

An old acquaintance from high school messaged me just the other day and asked me to roleplay a realistic and detailed courtroom scene of me being put on trial for sexually assaulting her, but I had amnesia and couldn't remember the events and had to go off evidence and accusations to piece together what happened and then formulate a defense.

Blocked that person.
It would be a cool Phoenix Wright-esque RP, but why the sexual assault? Jeez.

It would be a cool Phoenix Wright-esque RP, but why the sexual assault? Jeez.

Well what was really concerning to me was that she specifically stated that we weren't using characters, that we were supposed to RP as ourselves.

Well what was really concerning to me was that she specifically stated that we weren't using characters, that we were supposed to RP as ourselves.
Okay, hold the phone. This is starting to go out of roleplaying territory and going on full fantasizing land. I am really glad you decided not to go with it.

I met this roleplayer a few years back and her whole trope was that she (as in IRL) was a sheep-woman so she always ended ALL of her sentences with 'baa' and while this is okay in itself she started doing it while roleplaying as well... So I noped out of that

A guy on a forum I occasionally visit once posted an interest check for an rp where you'd play as members of the Japanese imperial army during the rape of Nanking.

I once witnessed an interest check for the American Civil War but instead of african-americans it was orcs. There was no nuance. The orcs were coded as africans.

Users who are viewing this thread