TV & Film What are the most cancerous fandoms you have ever seen?

Honestly, from what I've seen. It's not as bad as it was, say, 5 odd years ago. Back in 2012 I actually beat up one of my friends for apparently being a Brony

I don't really care about any "cancerous" fandoms since i stay away from them.

Depends on each person that makes shit toxic while other half seem chill.

Christ, there are so many... The most toxic/cringeworthy fandom I actively participated in was the 2012-2013 homestuck fandom. But if we're talking about current events, I'd say that FNAF and that one dragon maid anime are at the top for me.

Christ, there are so many... The most toxic/cringeworthy fandom I actively participated in was the 2012-2013 homestuck fandom. But if we're talking about current events, I'd say that FNAF and that one dragon maid anime are at the top for me.

does dragon maid have a visible fandom?

in any case tohru is purest waifu

Oh so many but to list a few:
Furries (which I am sort of a member of)
MLP:FiM (aka Bronies and once again one I am sort of a member of)
Undertale (love the game and some of the fan music but that is it)
FNAF (Hate the game but some fan music is good)
Tattletale
and
Minecraft

Oh boy, I remember the days of being apart of the Sherlock and Supernatural fandoms, and those were quite toxic. Also some communities of marvel fans are quite toxic.

All fandoms can be cancerous at one point or so. Fandom is a portmanteau of the words 'fanatic' and 'kingdom'. Fanatics are extremists and therefore, all fandoms can be cancerous.

Every new fad has a fandom, of which some sides can become cancerous.

I've never witnessed humans being attracted to goats until I saw the Undertale fandom...
And chickens too... Five nightmares at Freddy's was very scary...

I have seen many. Most of the first page and this one covered them, but...

The mother fuckin' Homestuck fandom. I have no other way to describe it than cancer. It is a horrible ailment that destroys lives, is widespread, will come back even after treatment, has a lot of funding into finding a cure for, but has no cure. Well, nothing besides euthanasia.

Killing Stalking fandom 100%
Fnaf is pretty bad too but its theories are my guilty pleasure

I used to really like undertale... but everything changed when the fandom attacked. And that's saying a lot considering that I used to be a fuckin' brony. God forgive me for I have sinned.

I used to really like undertale... but everything changed when the fandom attacked. And that's saying a lot considering that I used to be a fuckin' brony. God forgive me for I have sinned.
You may repent, but god is deaf to your prayers, heh... heh...
Only the fire of sinners can cleanse you of your rotten filth, the gates of hell is where pony lovers, Undertale fans, goat lovers, Call of Duty squeakers, Counterstrike squeakers, and furries belong.
WHERE ARE THE KNIVES?! I CAN'T LET THESE FANDOMS SEE ANOTHER MORNING SUN, I'M GOING TO TURN THEM TO ASH!
*Cough cough*
What I meant to say was...
These fandoms are pretty cancerous. I have no murderous intent at all, heh... heh...

You may repent, but god is deaf to your prayers, heh... heh...
Only the fire of sinners can cleanse you of your rotten filth, the gates of hell is where pony lovers, Undertale fans, goat lovers, Call of Duty squeakers, Counterstrike squeakers, and furries belong.
WHERE ARE THE KNIVES?! I CAN'T LET THESE FANDOMS SEE ANOTHER MORNING SUN, I'M GOING TO TURN THEM TO ASH!
*Cough cough*
What I meant to say was...
These fandoms are pretty cancerous. I have no murderous intent at all, heh... heh...

School shooter material right here

I don't have much to choose from, since I usually join fandoms way late in the game, but holy crap Voltron: Legendary Defender is getting so bad! I miss the peaceful times of season 1, where people weren't threatening the cast and crew members or harrassing their twitter/instagram/tumblr accounts about shipping choices. It's awful.

Still love Voltron with all my heart though, but a lot of the people I've seen in the fandom are atrocious.

Undertale. The only fandom I ever got too involved with. There were genuinely good people and content, and I loved the game-- but some people took it too far. And do I even have to mention Undertail....?

Dr. Who. Those people think that it's the best show ever and have all these stupid memes.

The show isnt even that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back