Other What is something you called out a long time ago that you turned out to be right about?

Aquanette

So I was thinking about some things today things that I called out years ago and turned out to be right about and I want to know who else feels vindicated today? Like what is something you called out years ago that you turned out to be right about?

The one I feel vindicated about is toggling your internet. For those of us who play or have played fighting games online, this is when someone purposely messes with their internet to mess with the connection so that the game lags and or freezes so that their opponent can't fight properly and it causes them to lose. I called this out years ago when Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 came out and people told me that it was impossible that people couldn't mess with their internet like that and that I was just salty and needed to get better at the game or maybe my internet was just crap. Now it is a well-known tactic today and I cannot help but laugh.

I don't really have anything but I must have missed the memo. I didn't know this was thing, doesn't surprise me though, and yet another reason why I leave the online gaming to everyone else. It's just not my thing.

I don't really have anything but I must have missed the memo. I didn't know this was thing, doesn't surprise me though, and yet another reason why I leave the online gaming to everyone else. It's just not my thing.
Well, to be fair it's only a tactic I've seen used in fighting games and I don't really play fighting games online anymore I think I stopped after Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations. So if you have never heard of this tactic before it makes sense since not only would you have to play online games but fighting games at that.

Oh and another reason you may not have heard of it is because people don't technically call it toggling your internet it's counted as a form of ragequitting for some reason so you may have heard people use the term rage quit and theg might have actually meant this, but most people know rage quitting as when you disconnect your internet so the loss isn't recorded.

Voxels. When I first saw them about a decade ago I instantly believed that they would begin to replace polygons in video games when computing technology got beefier, and that day is fast approaching.

Jar Jar binks being a secret sith lord. I remember trying to explain to my friends that "he uses force jump in TPM and has yellow eyes" on the playground in the fourth grade (around 2005-ish) Though this isn't wholly canon the theory has been indirectly confirmed as was going to be canon.

Taking away a comfort item such as a teddy bear from a child as punishment is toxic and a form of abuse.

It happened to me when I was only about 11 but I knew immediately that it was wrong on multiple levels (opinions about that age being too old for that is unwelcome btw).

People always told me that my opinions on things like that would change when I grew older (not clear how much older they meant).

I'm 26 now and I saw a social media post about a year or so ago saying that same thing I've always believed. I was very happy that at least one other person was aware of the phenomenon and was calling it out publicly.

When I was around 11, I told my mother “Wow, having a baby must be torture!” And I was right! The amount of sleep parents get with a newborn child counts as sleep torture by the Geneva Convention

Users who are viewing this thread

Back