Other What is something that has been said to you that you will never forget?

Ah mine was: "Sometimes I widh you were never born. You make me so mad."

Can never get that out my head

Someone once told me I have an "interesting face" that they "just want to look at".

and to this day I'm still not sure if it's a compliment or some backhanded insult. Makes me laugh.

Growing up I often heard about how much I looked like Daniel Radcliffe or better known by back then Harry Potter. I also got a lot of positive comments on the smile I had back then and dimples. Now days can’t say there is the same resemblance to Radcliffe but once upon time.

A good chunk of them were from my brother like

' because you were born we stopped doing fun stuff ' basically me being born meant my mom had to stop going to work and care for me. Whatever fun my siblings had was gone and my brother faults me. A variant has been him saying he wished I was never born. I wasn't older then ten, but I remember it vividly. He's also made the comment that I look like my cousin who happens to be severely obese , thus saying that I'll go down that same route. Which is the exact reason I have such 'high' self esteem.

Your older brother is a jerk. Mine is the same, so i know what it's like. I hope you never let him get to you ever again after all that.

Be good, and if you can't, then be good to yourself. By my grandpa. It's what he would say every time we said goodbye. That and "Are ya right or left today?"

Don't hide your freckles. My whole family has freckles, and for some reason, they always acted like people would tell me to hide them. I've never once been told to do so.

Years ago in school this girl liked me so we started hanging out and slowly becoming friends. One day we were chatting outside by the bus when her older sister (looking quite angry) stormed up to us and said to her "You shouldn't hang around people like him!" The older sister grabbed her by the arm and dragged her off somewhere else, lol. Never really understood what the hell that was about 😅

honestly i remember each time i've been called a slur, whether it be racial, homophobic, or transphobic. it's happened far too many times to count, sadly.

but on a more positive note, i'll never forget when someone called me "a kind and down to earth person" because it was during a time when i was struggling a lot with my emotions and functioning day to day. it really helped my anxiety hearing that from a friend.

One time my dad told me I had a shitty singing voice

Low and behold! I don't like singing anymore.

Oh, this could be fun. I’m an odd person, so I’ve received some...interesting comments.
Negative
+ “You’ve got the hand-writing of a serial killer.” - My mother, but I don’t have the heart to remind her that she was the one who taught me how to write.
+ “Oh my God! What happened to your face? Are those chicken pox scars?” - Mother of a new friend. Yeah, let’s just say puberty hit my face with a vengeance and it’s still an issue even at my current age. This is when I started to hide from all cameras/video devices and generally withdraw from social events.
+ “Nobody thought you were very pretty in high school, but I thought you were cool.” - Former classmate. Perhaps the weirdest pick-up line I’ve ever received.
+ “I’m sorry, but the dog’s more important right now.” - My mother. I was having a bad night a few days after Dad’s funeral and just wanted to talk, but she had a new puppy and so, I was left alone with my demons.

Positive
+ “This is so good, but where’s the rest of it? I want to read more!” - A high school friend. I was just starting to write short stories and she found my notebook during Health class. After that, she wanted to read what I had written over the weekend for the rest of the year. (She very nearly throttled me when she heard I threw the notebook in the trash during the summer break later.)
+ “You’re a real blessing.” - My cousin. Ever since my Dad passed away, my cousin and his wife have become much closer to me and I try to help them with their side businesses (a Christmas tree farm and a stove-wood cut and deliver). Hearing that kept me going when I was under the mistaken impression I was more of a burden than a help.
+ “Well, you haven’t changed since you were in my class.” - My third grade teacher. I have a very peculiar sense of humor - always have. I met up with her after taking my goose to the vet hospital, where they had to sedate him, pluck some of his belly feathers, and perform an ultra sound on his intestines. I told my former teacher - “It looks like they gave poor Bitey a ‘Brazilian’! - and once she stopped laughing, she said the above. Kind of makes me wonder what I was saying back in third grade too...

I was upset I hadn't gotten a high enough test score to receive the scholarship I wanted (I missed it by one question oof). So I started having an anxiety attack in the middle of class, worrying about how I was going to pay for college. Once class ends, the person who was supposed to be my friend, storms past me and mutters, "You're so selfish."

But on a happier note, I retook the test the next year and got high enough marks! :D

I have two!

The first is "I'm sorry, but...who are you?"
My best friend asked me this after I saw him for the first time in almost 2 years.

The second is "I don't feel the same."
I've had this said to me so many times that I'm just immune to it by now.
P.S. I'm still fazed by it

I remember something a longtime boyfriend had told me before I decided to cut off the relationship. It was something like:

"I've lost interest because I know no matter what I do you'll still be there for me. That's boring."
Well that's stupid, I would love to have someone be there for me no matter what I do. How is that boring?

She said: "You are never going to be happy." For a long time, I believed her. Fortunately, I'm very happy these days. :closedeyessmile:

I remember something a longtime boyfriend had told me before I decided to cut off the relationship. It was something like:

"I've lost interest because I know no matter what I do you'll still be there for me. That's boring."
That’s like— gross wtf. Isn’t that the point of loving someone

One of my closest friends once said "Why do you make it so hard to be friends with you?" And I've second guessed any friendship I've ever had since then.

art by
arithm

Wᴀʀʀᴇɴ Bᴜʀɴs

(he/him)

ʙᴜɢʙᴇᴀʀ ʙᴀʀᴅs ᴡɪᴛʜ
ʙᴀɴᴊᴏs ʏ'ᴀʟʟ

"You're always really, really loud, aren't you?"

Started one of my biggest insecurities in Junior High. I felt ashamed to get excited for anything from then on out. I'm working on it to get over it <3

♡design by rabbitswarren, coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back