Viewpoint What is one thing you wish to roleplay, without getting judged?

RavenWing13

Discord info: RavenWings#9603. Hit me up!
I have role played for a lot of years. I have found something to be taboo, while others are desired, but frowned upon. I have many things I would love to roleplay, but I fear for judgement due to their macabre nature.

Is there something you long to Roleplay? If so, why haven't you?

I want to roleplay a lot of darkness. Like, abuse, selfharm and so on. I find it fascinating to describe the pain. Not because I like people in pain, but because I've been there. I've done that. Had it done to me. Yada yada.

I'm just a curious man, wondering about the people on this curious site.

I'm a big fan of darker themed role playing. To be able to explore the human psyche can be amazing if done correctly.

Me personally would love to dive into the world of Berserk. Never found anyone with the stomach for it. Doesn't help that with a child rating system on most sites/apps I can really ask.

I'm a big fan of darker themed role playing. To be able to explore the human psyche can be amazing if done correctly.

Me personally would love to dive into the world of Berserk. Never found anyone with the stomach for it. Doesn't help that with a child rating system on most sites/apps I can really ask.
I completely get where you are coming from. The mind is such a powerful thing. For some reason I like breaking my characters, to build them up. Most my my characters are either abused previously in life, or had a history that caused them to have a darker outlook in life. I'm such a macabre being.

I'd actually like to RP one of my ideas. Nobody ever wants to RP my ideas. :/: Maybe I should make two accounts and develop multiple personalities so I can RP with my other self. :coolshades:

I'd actually like to RP one of my ideas. Nobody ever wants to RP my ideas. :/: Maybe I should make two accounts and develop multiple personalities so I can RP with my other self. :coolshades:
Well, what is it you would like to rp? You may be surprised

Well I don’t really have any ideas that people would judge me for but

A pre-teen titan esque roleplay or a Harry Potter adoption roleplay

I'm obsessed with true crime and the like so I've always wanted to create my own little fictional serial killer RPs. I think I've actually written a few short stories revolving around serial killer characters and their minds.

I'm fascinated with the way a killers mind works so that fascination transfers into my writing.

I'm probably alone in this, but I love meandering, lighthearted RPs. No drama, no heavy plot, no contrived romance, just good wholesome fun. It seems like most of the people at my writing level (2-3+ literate paragraphs) only want to play really intense, emotional stories. I mean, that's not to say that I hate gritty, complex RPs (I actually love them). It's just that a lot of the time I wish that it wasn't all anyone ever wanted to do.

I guess if we're going specific, I'd give the world for a South Park RP that was just like the show: fun, silly, a bit dark, but not taking itself too seriously. ^_^

I'm obsessed with true crime and the like so I've always wanted to create my own little fictional serial killer RPs. I think I've actually written a few short stories revolving around serial killer characters and their minds.

I'm fascinated with the way a killers mind works so that fascination transfers into my writing.
I enjoy a good serial killer rp myself. Always so interesting to see what others think about serial killers, and how they will make the character act.

I'm probably alone in this, but I love meandering, lighthearted RPs. No drama, no heavy plot, no contrived romance, just good wholesome fun. It seems like most of the people at my writing level (2-3+ literate paragraphs) only want to play really intense, emotional stories. I mean, that's not to say that I hate gritty, complex RPs (I actually love them). It's just that a lot of the time I wish that it wasn't all anyone ever wanted to do.

I guess if we're going specific, I'd give the world for a South Park RP that was just like the show: fun, silly, a bit dark, but not taking itself too seriously. ^_^
Haha. I enjoy lighthearted rps as well. My guilty pleasure is just darkness and a wild spiraling into the psyche

If I didn't know better, my answer to the question would be "there is nothing I roleplay that I would like to be judged over".

That said, I do understand the meaning of the question, but I still wanted to bring that up. Now if I had to choose one thing, as I currently am, I think I would like to roleplay this plot about a guy who gets turned into a little girl. It's a rip-off from a certain manga I've read and loved, but for better or for worse there were none other like it. There ARE no other manga with that sort of premise, except for one exception but said exception I'm pretty sure is...let's say "not safe for work", so it wouldn't really work.

Another thing I would maybe like to try is a plot revolving around my character. Like literally just make my character the main character. I confess it here because I wouldn't actually propose this unless someone was offering it of their own accord and initiative and even then it's so contrary so my regular principles of roleplay that I don't know if I'd make a move.

There is, though, a couple of things whichever i don't really hesitate about roleplaying, but I wish people would stop being biased and judgmental about. Those are first person roleplaying and roleplaying children as characters. I keep hearing the same arguments over and over again, it's always "It makes me uncomfortable ", followed by a reason that is just plain... I don't have a word to describe how detached it is from what's actually happening. That said, it IS their right to have their opinion and to not roleplay things they are not comfortable with. I just wish there was a bit less bias against these things, that's all.

In terms of moods, I usually (like most people) like both moods, but I do tend to generally prefer lighter moods, especially if they fall in the comedic spectrum. I like my slice of life, when people can be bothered to want to add something to the plot nonetheless. So don't worry Chimney Swift Chimney Swift you're not alone there!

Nothing, I don't care about being judged if it's within the rules. Fiction is fiction. I will make a white supremacist Trump supporter character if I feel like I can write him well within the dynamics of the RP.

I would love it if I could rp the vigilante on the side of darkness, the corrupt hero that's desire for good has lead them down a path of deception and ill intent. The vigilante that is tired of honor and has become a criminal to save others from having to. The hero that has to deal with inner turmoil over how he feels about this, who has to face that he might enjoy the more twisted side of his quest for justice, losing his fear of injuring others if it gets the right results.
The end justifies the means.
Someone with strong morals facing a downward spiral into a life of murder, torture, and the betrayal of those he vowed to protect.
Someone who gets a strong shot of reality and becomes the horror that criminals fear, that will not stop until each person doing wrong is silenced.

I also like high school rps.
Yep.

If I didn't know better, my answer to the question would be "there is nothing I roleplay that I would like to be judged over".

That said, I do understand the meaning of the question, but I still wanted to bring that up. Now if I had to choose one thing, as I currently am, I think I would like to roleplay this plot about a guy who gets turned into a little girl. It's a rip-off from a certain manga I've read and loved, but for better or for worse there were none other like it. There ARE no other manga with that sort of premise, except for one exception but said exception I'm pretty sure is...let's say "not safe for work", so it wouldn't really work.

Another thing I would maybe like to try is a plot revolving around my character. Like literally just make my character the main character. I confess it here because I wouldn't actually propose this unless someone was offering it of their own accord and initiative and even then it's so contrary so my regular principles of roleplay that I don't know if I'd make a move.

There is, though, a couple of things whichever i don't really hesitate about roleplaying, but I wish people would stop being biased and judgmental about. Those are first person roleplaying and roleplaying children as characters. I keep hearing the same arguments over and over again, it's always "It makes me uncomfortable ", followed by a reason that is just plain... I don't have a word to describe how detached it is from what's actually happening. That said, it IS their right to have their opinion and to not roleplay things they are not comfortable with. I just wish there was a bit less bias against these things, that's all.

In terms of moods, I usually (like most people) like both moods, but I do tend to generally prefer lighter moods, especially if they fall in the comedic spectrum. I like my slice of life, when people can be bothered to want to add something to the plot nonetheless. So don't worry Chimney Swift Chimney Swift you're not alone there!

I wonder why people are against roleplaying a story with a child? Is there some sort of specific why that is it uncomfortable? I understand that people want to romance and the lust of characters, but if there is a child, it can be a different type of love. How odd. I use to roleplay children all the time, it was my lighter pieces, and it honestly felt liberating to do so. Children are so innocent, that roleplaying them can be a great challenge. I know the manga you speak of, and I find the idea of that roleplay story to be hilarious and awkward, in a good way. I hope you do find someone willing to roleplay your wishes, they sound fun, and entertaining.

Nothing, I don't care about being judged if it's within the rules. Fiction is fiction. I will make a white supremacist Trump supporter character if I feel like I can write him well within the dynamics of the RP.
That's wonderful! Truly! I am glad you are strong in your position.

I would love it if I could rp the vigilante on the side of darkness, the corrupt hero that's desire for good has lead them down a path of deception and ill intent. The vigilante that is tired of honor and has become a criminal to save others from having to. The hero that has to deal with inner turmoil over how he feels about this, who has to face that he might enjoy the more twisted side of his quest for justice, losing his fear of injuring others if it gets the right results.
The end justifies the means.
Someone with strong morals facing a downward spiral into a life of murder, torture, and the betrayal of those he vowed to protect.
Someone who gets a strong shot of reality and becomes the horror that criminals fear, that will not stop until each person doing wrong is silenced.

I also like high school rps.
Yep.
That story sounds like a very well thought out dream. But why can't you write it?
High school rps are fun to write. Can go to either light, or dark spectrum of rp.

I honestly agree so much with both of these!
I generally prefer 3rd person for uniformity's sake, but I never got the mass hatred for people who prefer 1st.

As for children as characters, well... a lot of my favorite OCs are younger folks. Because children are less inhibited and more impulsive, they can be a really fun addition to most casual types of RPs :). When played well, they're just as interesting and engaging as adult characters.
The only time I don't appreciate child characters is situations where they would be out of place or a hinderance (i.e, a war zone). Or in a romantic context, because... gross.

That story sounds like a very well thought out dream. But why can't you write it?
High school rps are fun to write. Can go to either light, or dark spectrum of rp.
I have a really hard time actually focusing on writing things, my personality tends to fluctuate, so I can start out with something good and just
Pbbblt ?

I wonder why people are against roleplaying a story with a child? Is there some sort of specific why that is it uncomfortable? I understand that people want to romance and the lust of characters, but if there is a child, it can be a different type of love. How odd. I use to roleplay children all the time, it was my lighter pieces, and it honestly felt liberating to do so. Children are so innocent, that roleplaying them can be a great challenge. I know the manga you speak of, and I find the idea of that roleplay story to be hilarious and awkward, in a good way. I hope you do find someone willing to roleplay your wishes, they sound fun, and entertaining.
I honestly agree so much with both of these!
I generally prefer 3rd person for uniformity's sake, but I never got the mass hatred for people who prefer 1st.

As for children as characters, well... a lot of my favorite OCs are younger folks. Because children are less inhibited and more impulsive, they can be a really fun addition to most casual types of RPs :). When played well, they're just as interesting and engaging as adult characters.
The only time I don't appreciate child characters is situations where they would be out of place or a hinderance (i.e, a war zone). Or in a romantic context, because... gross.
Ah, I do wanna clarify I am talking really young children. Like, 10 would be among the oldest in what I'm talking about.

So long as the romance is between the children, or not directed from adult to child I'm ok with even romance. Like, a child with a "crush" on someone they admire is nothing unnusual and two children having playdates is equally mundane. An adult having romantic feelings for an actual child, that I can see as a bit more of an issue, but then again, pedophiles are people too. I can understand being uncomfortable with that much better than just plain not wanting to do anything with children, but if it's with a partner seriously looking to explore more controversial themes, I can even do that much.

As for children in say, war zones, it depends. Unless it's a fantasy or scifi where maybe the child is some kind of prodigee I probably wouldn't if we're talking about the actual soldiers. But I don't see a problem with a hinderance that a child can be in a post-apocalyptic scenario or in a torn land for instance. Plot needs conflict, that's how it exists. That said, I wouldn't just up and force the other characters to take care of mine, that would be rude and boring. It's better for everyone to simply present them with the choice and if they reject it then I will continue to try to move the character even if they are a child.

Oh by the way Chimney Swift Chimney Swift I roleplay detailed. My base post requirements are two paragraphs and content minimum. Just thought I'd mention that in reponse to:
they can be a really fun addition to most casual types of RPs

Anyway, thank you both for the praise/support! <3

Y'know, I have no problem with kids in rps, but I have had people use it as an excuse to throw tantrums for attention. Personally, due to my experience, I prefer to keep characters 16+

Then again, I wish more rps strayed from teenagers, the last rp I was in had an open age range and I was the only one with a character that wasn't 19-21, so I was left out lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back