Viewpoint What is one thing you wish to roleplay, without getting judged?

Playing assholes. Conflicts. Everyone seem to want for the characters to become bffs from the first post we make. I like being assholes to bicker and judge each other, fight, but in a need to stay together. Maybe, only maybe then becoming closer and more tolerant.

I have a RP idea that I'm not so afraid of being judged for. Rather I feel like it would be difficult to find partners for it. I just played the game Soma. For those unfamiliar it's basically a sci-fi post-apocalyptic horror game set in an underwater research facility. Long story short, to avoid major spoilers, a bunch of stuff goes wrong and then the group of survivors has all sorts of challenges to cope with in trying to survive. I think it would be interesting to explore that, essentially all the stuff that happens directly before the events of the game. It would be a new twist on the post-apocalyptic genre since tbh the standard zombie apocalypse stuff is overdone.

Playing assholes. Conflicts. Everyone seem to want for the characters to become bffs from the first post we make. I like being assholes to bicker and judge each other, fight, but in a need to stay together. Maybe, only maybe then becoming closer and more tolerant.
Yes. Yes. Yes. This. Please.

I love this trope especially if they're in some sort of survival scenario/dangerous situation and they still hate each other afterwards but keep bumping into each other (I'm pretty sure I just took it somewhere entirely different from what your intentions were but I just love the enemies to tolerance trope)

Yes. Yes. Yes. This. Please.

I love this trope especially if they're in some sort of survival scenario/dangerous situation and they still hate each other afterwards but keep bumping into each other (I'm pretty sure I just took it somewhere entirely different from what your intentions were but I just love the enemies to tolerance trope)
You. My DMs. Now.
XDDD

Roleplays where too much drama and fighting is going on. And romance. So basically High School Roleplays.

Unpopular fandoms. Carmen Sandiego (Netflix reboot), Voltron, Dear Evan Hansen. I also like stupidly innocent or horrifically dark characters, no in-between.

Unpopular fandoms. Carmen Sandiego (Netflix reboot), Voltron, Dear Evan Hansen. I also like stupidly innocent or horrifically dark characters, no in-between.

...I think I might know someone who'd be into roleplaying Carmen Sandiego, if you're curious.

I play Splatoon. Marie and Callie, wanna try Marina and Pearl too. Carmen Sandiego the Reboot is a recent fascination of mine, and I'm testing the waters in BIC. But yeah, hmu if you've got something Carmen Sandiego in mind.

On top of that, disturbingly innocent characters are my fetish favorite.

Always wanted to roleplay depression and the difficulties of suicide but I'm afraid it might hit too close to home

I have always wanted an RP that was REALLY GoT based. I know many people claim they want GoT type RPs but... They don't. It is usually more like they want to love out a romantic fantasy, which, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If that is what you want to RP, then more power to you.

But I have found people tend to not share my taste for wanting a story of people who all can be bad, they don't have to be likable they can be assholes and be treated like assholes. They don't have to be the romantic love, they can be dastardly, mean, rude and not have to fall in love or even lust after someone. One where the actual politics are looked at. Arranged marriages aren't turned into this fest of people making goo goo eyes at each other or trying to steal the pretty bride from the dude that wants to marry her. Arranged marriages are treated as the political arrangements they are and the intrigue that comes with it. Characters who do asshole things are actually treated like an asshole. There are no true villains, only people fighting for power.

I have role played for a lot of years. I have found something to be taboo, while others are desired, but frowned upon. I have many things I would love to roleplay, but I fear for judgement due to their macabre nature.

Is there something you long to Roleplay? If so, why haven't you?

I want to roleplay a lot of darkness. Like, abuse, selfharm and so on. I find it fascinating to describe the pain. Not because I like people in pain, but because I've been there. I've done that. Had it done to me. Yada yada.

I'm just a curious man, wondering about the people on this curious site.

It would of been cool to roleplay something that is dark themed. I want to roleplay in a modern-fantasy, where it is about a character that has a really dark background. It would have been cool to have a character that looks simple, but really complex in story. In a roleplay, i would have wanted a good world-building with good characters. I think that the story is important, so that it can shape the character.

I would love to role play a post apocalyptic world of two people who hate each other but going through the loops of needing to be there else you could die, not having any other human contact, possible betrayals at certain point, mistrust, and the wear on the mind from it influencing them as the story progresses. Maybe one even dies and that's where the story ends with a wrap up of what happens to the other, maybe they both slowly try to build something like what they use to have, maybe they keep splitting up only to come together when they really need to (possible not being able to when they actually need to and suffering for it), or maybe they can just get to tolerating each other barely enough to make it somewhat work.

lately i've been really wanting to try out a psychological horror rp. not like, ghosts and shit, but like, exploring morality, karma, and our characters getting punished for being bad people. also want to rp something based on the visual novel We Know The Devil but man no one's ever heard of it

I want to RP as a dying cancer patient.

As a dying cancer patient, it would bring a sort of cynical laugh to my actual in-life position. However, even though I am literally the person I want to RP as, I've had a partner go "you don't know enough to RP this and it shows" and I'm sitting over here in my wheelchair like. Bitch. How many times have you gone through chemotherapy then? Let me be as dramatic as I want. I earned this. Back off.

I want to RP as a dying cancer patient.

As a dying cancer patient, it would bring a sort of cynical laugh to my actual in-life position. However, even though I am literally the person I want to RP as, I've had a partner go "you don't know enough to RP this and it shows" and I'm sitting over here in my wheelchair like. Bitch. How many times have you gone through chemotherapy then? Let me be as dramatic as I want. I earned this. Back off.

Reading this actually hurt my heart 😭.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back