Viewpoint What is one thing you wish to roleplay, without getting judged?

Oh man, when I was doing pot (kicked it now thankfully) I had created a group in Facebook with me and a second account so I can roleplay these ideas that nobody ever wants to. It was fun while it lasted but if we are anything alike you will eventually see it after some years, cringe and delete the entire thing then curse the moment you did and the hours upon hours lost for nothing. Save yourself now and don't do the same.
We are obviously different levels of crazy.

Without being judged, I've truly longed to find a roleplay partner who would play as Link and do a cross-universe setting with Zelda lore and OC mix. Since my youth, I've shipped my character, Melody, with Link and I am a sucker for wholesome knight princess romance despite it being a silly little cliche. I actually made a post about this on Gaia roughly last year, but I decided not to engage further due to the amount of dislikes my post received. It's scary opening your heart out there sometimes.

RWBY.

I don't think that I would get judged here per say, but I definitely feel like my friends would have a little laugh about it. And, honestly, fair. I've always been an outspoken critic of the series. That doesn't mean that I don't love it though! And I'd still love to explore or rewrite it in a way that suits my tastes. With or without some OCs added along the way.

For me, it would to be Role-playing as animals, not that I’m a furry, I’m not. It’s just Role-playing as animals is exploring into a whole new world, and it’s cool. But it seems people don’t like it that much, I been on a whole lot of rp websites and not many of them liked the Role-playing as animals idea :T

For me, it would to be Role-playing as animals, not that I’m a furry, I’m not. It’s just Role-playing as animals is exploring into a whole new world, and it’s cool. But it seems people don’t like it that much, I been on a whole lot of rp websites and not many of them liked the Role-playing as animals idea :T
Roleplaying as animals is not necessarily a furry thing tbh unless they're specifically anthropomorphic animals.

Something like Cobra Kai. A fighting tournament style RP, but with slice of life moments. I know everyone loves the adrenaline of the fights, but I like to see the character development behind the fighters. How they started of weak and probably failed, then, triumphed/continued to fail but slightly get better.

I love darker themes in RPs, to the extent that it's realistic and not just "gore for the sake of gore"—but as of right now? I've really been craving an RP featuring a polyamorous romance, and not those cliché love triangle tropes (although that might be fun too), but a real, mutually-consenting poly relationship just so that my partner and I can have 3x the fun exploring relationship dynamics.

I didn't think it'd be so rare to find someone who's open to poly ships, but I haven't found very many, and even less have actually wanted to go down that route with me ):

(if anyone wants to write a poly love story let me know xoxo)
I agree with you here. Also, am I the only person who, when I join a superpowers rp, like having nearly useless or seemingly-lame powers for my oc?

could you elaborate on le idea?
so basically, you know how in like 2009-ish people would have these edgy wolf ocs with bright colors, spike collars, crazy markings, maybe wings, a dark backstory, and emo hair? And how back around that time Warriors and wolf RPs were really popular?
So what if those types of characters in a Warrior cats type setting, with battles and all? Sounds fun to me, tbh.
(sorry if this didn't make sense, I wasn't really sure how to word this x_x)

so basically, you know how in like 2009-ish people would have these edgy wolf ocs with bright colors, spike collars, crazy markings, maybe wings, a dark backstory, and emo hair? And how back around that time Warriors and wolf RPs were really popular?
So what if those types of characters in a Warrior cats type setting, with battles and all? Sounds fun to me, tbh.
(sorry if this didn't make sense, I wasn't really sure how to word this x_x)
nice!

I don’t think you would be judged there. Both are very highly regarded. There might not be a large fandom on this site but it’s more “obscure” then “judged”
I forgot where the other thread was so

I have role played for a lot of years. I have found something to be taboo, while others are desired, but frowned upon. I have many things I would love to roleplay, but I fear for judgement due to their macabre nature.

Is there something you long to Roleplay? If so, why haven't you?

I want to roleplay a lot of darkness. Like, abuse, selfharm and so on. I find it fascinating to describe the pain. Not because I like people in pain, but because I've been there. I've done that. Had it done to me. Yada yada.

I'm just a curious man, wondering about the people on this curious site.
One RP I did was as a caretaker to a man who was reflecting on all the harm he had done to the people closest to him. He did some nasty stuff: physical abuse, threats, manipulation, just all around not a great dude, and now he's in his 70's, dying of cancer, with nobody left to take care of him.

It didnt last long but god I wish it did.

Not really "judged" and more like "misunderstood", but very close and intimate, or even obsessive relationships between two non-related people that's not romantic in nature.

I get that it's always gonna be mistaken as romance because just look at literally any fandom but hey, I can dream.

A romance that’s super fluffy and sweet. Puppy dog love. I think it would be a nice change of pace to all the drama and angst that people want.

Okay I got judged because I made a roleplay with straight people like fxm only. I been judged before too. But I am straight, I have a few lgbt+ plot but they are only fewer, mostly are straight cause Idk maybe I think like one cause I am one.

What am I supposed to do if my plot, I already planned it in certain way and someone is gonna judge me on based on that. I mean.. it's the way it is, not every plot is supposed to be lgbt+

I don't have anything against lgbt+ cause one time even I was doubting myself of bring a bi but I wanted to say it out here coz..

I am not that kind of person, I felt really hurt when they judged me cause I really didn't mean it. It wasn't even like I said something, I just explained the plot.

Okay I got judged because I made a roleplay with straight people like fxm only. I been judged before too. But I am straight, I have a few lgbt+ plot but they are only fewer, mostly are straight cause Idk maybe I think like one cause I am one.

What am I supposed to do if my plot, I already planned it in certain way and someone is gonna judge me on based on that. I mean.. it's the way it is, not every plot is supposed to be lgbt+

I don't have anything against lgbt+ cause one time even I was doubting myself of bring a bi but I wanted to say it out here coz..

I am not that kind of person, I felt really hurt when they judged me cause I really didn't mean it. It wasn't even like I said something, I just explained the plot.
Some people only do FxM while others only do gay pairings. It has always seemed odd to me for people to judge others based on these preferences. I mean, I don't do much MxM anymore, but I don't judge those who want MxM RP's. I just skip past those interest checks and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back