Viewpoint What is one thing you wish to roleplay, without getting judged?

Hmmm....

Not sure how well I could pull this off, but I'm intrigued by the idea writing darker relationships that revolve around the idea of codependence. I'm more into psychological themes, so I think it would be cool to explore two characters relying on each other for survival in a world where you can't be picky about your partners. Bonus points for if they're also struggling with some sort of inhuman nature or happen to be the only two of their kind trying to blend in with humans. I think it would be neat to have two characters who have only one person they can 100% trust to keep their secret, but as much as they might have different thought processes, in the end they're the only people who can fully empathize/understand what it's like to be X.

Also, I love the idea of exploring the implications of science experiments hiding or trying to adjust to the 'regular' world. I'd love to write some experiments that have to deal with some serious issues regarding physical transformation and how they've been physically and emotionally impacted. Related to this, I like the idea of writing characters who come from a regular background and suddenly find themselves in a role of responsibility or trying to deal with having powers and the various factions that will want to have the characters use them on their behalf. For example, I'd love to do a dragon rider RP where the emphasis is more on characters having to navigate through politics, while restricted by their own allegiances and responsibilities.

An RP with animal type characters that distinguishes between creatures that are sentient people and animals that are just animals. I like to have a morals vs instinct with bestial creatures. I have a ton of characters that are fantasy big cat or canine, shape shifting creatures, or guardian spirits. I have trouble finding RPs with them as a main focus as I find animal creatures attracts people into the whole 'meat is meat' or 'circle of life'.

I find no matter what you put into a search about animals you end up with someone who wants a war with the predator and prey, a unlikely friendship with a predator and prey, VORE or they accuse you of dissing TLK.

An RP with animal type characters that distinguishes between creatures that are sentient people and animals that are just animals. I like to have a morals vs instinct with bestial creatures. I have a ton of characters that are fantasy big cat or canine, shape shifting creatures, or guardian spirits. I have trouble finding RPs with them as a main focus as I find animal creatures attracts people into the whole 'meat is meat' or 'circle of life'.

I find no matter what you put into a search about animals you end up with someone who wants a war with the predator and prey, a unlikely friendship with a predator and prey, VORE or they accuse you of dissing TLK.
Huh.... It sounds like an intruiging idea.

For ages I've had an idea for a long term RP that involves a couple in the ancient world essentially cheating death and then getting punished for it by the gods. Their punishment involves being forever doomed to fall in love in every lifetime and then somehow dying, thus tearing them apart. This would occur continuously up until the present day when they finally figure out what is going on, prompting them to go on a quest to somehow reverse the curse before they fall in love again and die. I figured it would be a super fun premise due to my love of extensive character development, history, and the star-crossed lovers trope. It's also not so much that I feel like I'll get judged for RPing it, but more so that I've never been able to find a committed partner.

This is going to be silly, but I always wanted to create a silly multi-verse and multi-generational roleplay. Usually, I am a 2-5 paragraph person, but I want to go back to doing script-based roleplay as I used to when I started when I was younger. But I want there to be like generations and my partner and I play several characters and what not. I just never met anyone that's into it. (And there is no strict plotline, basically, it's like an anything goes type roleplay).

Also, I would love to do a cute family roleplay with a group, but usually, that dies out or it becomes solely about one or two characters, so I give up on it and go play the Sims.

An adventurous rp where characters are just traveling from one place to another and dealing with challenges every place they go, maybe with an overarching obstacle to think about. Kinda like ATLA, where each episode has a different story that leads up to one big ending. That kinda thing.

A hyper realistic medieval fantasy where the only fantastical part is the setting and MAYBE a few inhuman races.
Sans magic, sans backflipping rogues, sans world ending plots. Just lords and ladies engaging in the politics and the life.
Knights n squires, maidens n handmaids, all customs and traditions plucked directly out of a history book.

An adventurous rp where characters are just traveling from one place to another and dealing with challenges every place they go, maybe with an overarching obstacle to think about. Kinda like ATLA, where each episode has a different story that leads up to one big ending. That kinda thing.

Might I recommend finding a TTRPG group! Because that is how my currently D&D campaign is about to go. A combination of my PCs taking part in clan warfare, an eventual empire invasion, learning about the magic mystery of the world (giant titan anchors that are gateways) and what happened to all the humans through all the ruins they left. They are going to adventure across the realm and world discovering crazy stuff, making allies, and fighting battles and wars. Something is going on in each place . . . some are hunted by gods, others kings, one is on a personal mission to build a library of knowledge and doesn't know what she is about to unleash on herself. We're only JUST started I have so many plans . . . but yeah traveling adventure game for mine.

A hyper realistic medieval fantasy where the only fantastical part is the setting and MAYBE a few inhuman races.
Sans magic, sans backflipping rogues, sans world ending plots. Just lords and ladies engaging in the politics and the life.
Knights n squires, maidens n handmaids, all customs and traditions plucked directly out of a history book.

Sounds just like regular Medieval RP but with extra steps tbh.

Sounds just like regular Medieval RP but with extra steps tbh.
Maybe the difference is in the extra steps?
Tho, I'm pretty sure the "regular" on rpn when it comes to medieval is fantasy x)
Since like even at their most tame they always have really unorthodox characters or are super simplified or lean a little too far into a fantasy element.
I haven't really seen many rps that are essentially just feudalism simulator 20xx

Maybe the difference is in the extra steps?
Tho, I'm pretty sure the "regular" on rpn when it comes to medieval is fantasy x)
Since like even at their most tame they always have really unorthodox characters or are super simplified or lean a little too far into a fantasy element.
I haven't really seen many rps that are essentially just feudalism simulator 20xx

Fair enough.

Come to think of it, I'm not a big fan of NSFW stuffs (even mild smut counts) regardless of the forum's rules, so I wish I could just...
...kill my character off as soon as my RP-ing partner makes an NSFW advance, thus abruptly ending the RP.

For ages I've had an idea for a long term RP that involves a couple in the ancient world essentially cheating death and then getting punished for it by the gods. Their punishment involves being forever doomed to fall in love in every lifetime and then somehow dying, thus tearing them apart. This would occur continuously up until the present day when they finally figure out what is going on, prompting them to go on a quest to somehow reverse the curse before they fall in love again and die. I figured it would be a super fun premise due to my love of extensive character development, history, and the star-crossed lovers trope. It's also not so much that I feel like I'll get judged for RPing it, but more so that I've never been able to find a committed partner.

This sounds really cool and if I was in the market for such an epic of an RP I'd be well up for it.

aside from canon x oc shenanigans.
‘romantic rps’ but everything is a mess. Happy endings are non-essentials.​

A modern roleplay where some play members of a powerful inquisition mercilessly hunting humanoid monsters and magical creatures after having killed all the easily discriminated ones.
And others play said hunted individuals.
The inquisitors are winning and probably win in the end.

I'm tired of stuck up elitists judging "anime high school" type rps, stereotyping them and their participants as all trash, and acting like they're superior for not playing them or the site would be better off without them. They can be genuinely fun and sometimes I like to have something casual. They're not even all casual either!

aside from canon x oc shenanigans.
‘romantic rps’ but everything is a mess. Happy endings are non-essentials.​

I'm a horrible witch and would love a romance with a tragic ending lmao. I totally get why people aren't down for it but my heart yearnssss

Winx club (not live action)
Sailor moon
Danny phantom
Code lyoko
H2o series
American dragon jack long
Big hero six
Batman the series
[i would be looking for canon characters for these, though i would accept oc for sailor moon if it was platonic]
Hey. Would you still be interested in a winx club rp?

Not sure how well I could pull this off, but I'm intrigued by the idea writing darker relationships that revolve around the idea of codependence. I'm more into psychological themes, so I think it would be cool to explore two characters relying on each other for survival in a world where you can't be picky about your partners. Bonus points for if they're also struggling with some sort of inhuman nature or happen to be the only two of their kind trying to blend in with humans. I think it would be neat to have two characters who have only one person they can 100% trust to keep their secret, but as much as they might have different thought processes, in the end they're the only people who can fully empathize/understand what it's like to be X.

sorry for responding to old posts, but i find this very interesting as long as it's not romanticized or treated like a good thing lol

i've suffered from co-dependent relationships and i need to underline how toxic it can get

m/f romance where I get to play the woman. whenever I rp, I either end up playing the male 'love interests' for my friends' characters, or getting drawn into f/f ships when I do play a woman. both of which I enjoy, don't get me wrong! but sometimes *I* want to be the one to play against the mysterious, charming older man with a tragic backstory, you know? :')

m/f romance where I get to play the woman. whenever I rp, I either end up playing the male 'love interests' for my friends' characters, or getting drawn into f/f ships when I do play a woman. both of which I enjoy, don't get me wrong! but sometimes *I* want to be the one to play against the mysterious, charming older man with a tragic backstory, you know? :')
I'm surprised you have such a hard time finding MxF RP's, wow.

That being said I usually play males, but do want FxF plots sometimes yet they're hard to find. Lots of people play MxM, but not many play FxF. I suspect it's because a large chunk of RPers are either straight women or gay men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back