Viewpoint What is one thing you wish to roleplay, without getting judged?

honestly? Same... I don't love them and won't go out of my way for them, but I don't mind a high school setting at all. (It does need to have a magical/fantasy element to it though or else I won't care.) I loathed high school... and junior high... ...and any school in general, but for some reason I'm okay with it in an RP setting. Maybe because I can make it way more fun than it ever was IRL?
I literally live in a high school anime. A world in which I'm the only sane man is a world gone to hell.

Okay I realize I'm using jokes to dodge around the obvious question here: why would you want to be hit with anything at all? Sounds painful.

I guess I’d love to write more androgynous characters. I relate with the orientation myself to a degree, however I haven’t explored too much because I worry people will be offended by a “straight white girl” playing a mostly androgynous male. But I feel like I understand it because of my own inner struggles. Also, I tend to prefer to write as males who are not romantically inclined but instead intellectuals that require development and exploration, and no one really seems to understand that — they always think they can get a relationship out of them and that their character (usually females) are “special” compared to everyone else, which I don’t find realistic if we’re truly understanding my character lol.

I guess I’d love to write more androgynous characters. I relate with the orientation myself to a degree, however I haven’t explored too much because I worry people will be offended by a “straight white girl” playing a mostly androgynous male. But I feel like I understand it because of my own inner struggles. Also, I tend to prefer to write as males who are not romantically inclined but instead intellectuals that require development and exploration, and no one really seems to understand that — they always think they can get a relationship out of them and that their character (usually females) are “special” compared to everyone else, which I don’t find realistic if we’re truly understanding my character lol.

I guess I kinda understand you. I like playing unrepentant assholes no sane human being would like to have a relationship with, but somehow, people take it as a cue to try and romance her. I do enjoy some romance here and there if it is well-executed, but not when I am playing this type of character, lol. I mean, she clearly hates you, dude. What's wrong with you?

I guess I kinda understand you. I like playing unrepentant assholes no sane human being would like to have a relationship with, but somehow, people take it as a cue to try and romance her. I do enjoy some romance here and there if it is well-executed, but not when I am playing this type of character, lol. I mean, she clearly hates you, dude. What's wrong with you?
Same. It really annoys me when two characters blatantly aren't compatible (at least romantically) in their current form, and yet people keep trying to shoehorn them together.

My favourite characters to play are dark, manipulative and (at best) morally ambiguous and yet they try to pair them up with some total fluff bunny that they'd of never spent more than five minutes around without blasting them up a wall with a spell of some sort.

Fluffy pairings can work if it's a fluffy girl and a guy, but a murdering assassin and a fluffy guy? Sorry, I'm not buying it. The pairing just doesn't feel equal (in fact it feels quite abusive, almost like a mouse trying to date a lioness).

It would be fun to write a shameless flirt without having people try and start instant relationships with them. I feel like people will just assume I'm fishing for ships, but it would be great for the character to actually be rebuffed, and not just in a "playing hard to get," but is obviously secretly into them sorta way.

It would be fun to write a shameless flirt without having people try and start instant relationships with them. I feel like people will just assume I'm fishing for ships, but it would be great for the character to actually be rebuffed, and not just in a "playing hard to get," but is obviously secretly into them sorta way.
So you want to play Brock.

I had a character exactly like that that I never got to use cause the roleplay died before I could use him.

He lives on in my future TV Show.

I feel you so much there. Like, there have been so many times I have made a character that is supposed to be an asshole, very obviously an asshole who does not get close to people easily and the first thing I get is that he'll think this girl is pretty enough to just shed his asshole ways entirely and make a family with her. Like, what? Can't you guys please just treat this asshole like the asshole they are?

I.. really want to do a sappy idol anime RP a la Love Live or Idol M@ster. I knowww that the idol industry is nothing like that in real life and I knowwww it's really sappy and cheesy but it just looks so fun, let me make an idol OC, dammit

I would really love to do a 'Log Horizon' fandom RP but I just know i'll get a wave of Sword Art Online fans who just want to be the most awesome, overpowered, lone-wolf (DESPITE IT BEING A GROUP RP), Master Chief wonna-be's, don't take shit from no-one /toxic as all hell, challenge anyone's authority, carrying a sword the size of the British Empire at it's moment of highest influence, Wearing 120kgs of armour but still able to do amazing parkour that would put the cirque du soleil to shame, be under-aged but drinks heavily because that's cool for some reason, wanting to take command but having absolutely zero common sense or responsibility for their actions, wanting to fight everyone and continuously shit-talking about anyone and everything that gets in their way.

I need a lie-down...

Another role play i would enjoy is a simple nice and platonic one where two kids (who both have loving and supportive families) just go around and make fun adventures. Nothing dark, or gritty, or anything bad. Just role playing some nice innocent moments like making cardboard cutouts of dragons and both of them taking it down as valiant knights though it's all make believe. Maybe there'd be some conflict in like say one lost their favorite toy and they go looking for it, but nothing big.

Another role play i would enjoy is a simple nice and platonic one where two kids (who both have loving and supportive families) just go around and make fun adventures. Nothing dark, or gritty, or anything bad. Just role playing some nice innocent moments like making cardboard cutouts of dragons and both of them taking it down as valiant knights though it's all make believe. Maybe there'd be some conflict in like say one lost their favorite toy and they go looking for it, but nothing big.
I'm surpriesed there aren't more of these. Personally, it's not my cup of tea but there's gotta be plenty of people out there who want to do this.

Wartime comedy, just full on Dad’s Army with no grittiness or horrors of war. Just a group of bumbing homeguardsmen helping the local community and getting up to mischief whilst faffing about with the occasional enemy pilot or submarine crew who get caught.

Very much yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back