Other what is ONE thing you crave?

Nachos.

Oh, you mean rp.

I am always down for low-fantasy medievals. I somehow never get tired of them.

The kind of roleplay I really want is an idea that is campy as hell, would probably induce second-hand embarrassment in anyone who reads it, and most likely would have nobody under the sun except for me interested in it. So I have no intentions to share it.

Instead I will share with you the much more broad idea of witchcraft or otherwise magic in a very casual, everyday scenario. Magical diner, anyone?

Fluff.
I always want to include fluff, as boring as it sounds. It doesn't have to be tied to romance, just some cute interactions between the characters which make you go 'awwww'.
Considering how angsty my rp can be, I'm always craving fluff XD

*Inhales* A space opera group roleplay that isn't about militaries and/or colonists, and features the Sol system in the Milky Way Galaxy, with humans being featured amongst a slew of alien races, but we are not some noble pioneering diplomats OR militant warmongers. *wheezes*

Mutual creative experience. I can find something to enjoy in almost any type of RP or setting...as long as character actions/interactions are mutual and meaningful.

On a narrative level that doesn't mean that the player characters need to be the most influential people in the world (or even very influential)...but you can have meaningful character interaction in most scenarios. For example the character may be helpless to stop a war or natural disaster, but the decision to help/sabotage another person or shelter in a certain place should have some kind of impact. It also does not mean that the characters interaction need to be positive. I fondly remember an early RP where my mercenary and another mercenary argued constantly, even getting into drunken fistfights, but 'got the job done.' That ended up being the most memorable relationship/character development coming out of that two year long RP.

Nothing turns me off a RP faster than someone acting like the other characters are there as an audience. To only witness and react. This isn't just a Game Master problem, plenty of players come in with the attitude 'be in awe of my amazing character' and tend to write off/ignore anything that doesn't reinforce the awesomeness of their character. I RP because it's a mutual creative experience not to be the passive audience for an aspiring author who hasn't gotten published yet.

Last edited:
Also nachos.

I was most recently craving to write a crossover Roleplay (which I haven't done since I was thirteen). I was always hesitant of experimenting with "cringe culture", but my close friend and I decided to write it anyway. We started it earlier this month and I've honestly been having a blast writing the entire thing. It's almost completely reignited my love for Roleplay in a lot of ways. We've since decided to kill the idea of "cringe culture" and hide its body too.

Dark Fantasy roleplay with a simple magic system. I've been sitting on this idea for ages.

Also nachos.

I was most recently craving to write a crossover Roleplay (which I haven't done since I was thirteen). I was always hesitant of experimenting with "cringe culture", but my close friend and I decided to write it anyway. We started it earlier this month and I've honestly been having a blast writing the entire thing. It's almost completely reignited my love for Roleplay in a lot of ways. We've since decided to kill the idea of "cringe culture" and hide its body too.
Man, I live for stories like this! I've decided that life is too short for me to let myself be embarrassed by what I want - if I want to go back to my extremely self-indulgent plots that might be "cringe", I'm gonna do it, dangit! Similarly, after not really doing anything fandom for a while, a close friend and I just went all in and decided screw it, we're making BNHA OCs. It's definitely rekindled some passion for both of us, so I definitely understand!

I am a weird and horrible human being.
I ALWAYS crave a seemingly fluff character/plot, but it has to have a dark side. So like something along the lines of torture or abuse.
I promise I'm sane. (That's debatable)

Dark Fantasy roleplay with a simple magic system. I've been sitting on this idea for ages.
I love to do dark fantasy. Could you PM me so that I might hear more about this 'Simple magic system'?

Man, I live for stories like this! I've decided that life is too short for me to let myself be embarrassed by what I want - if I want to go back to my extremely self-indulgent plots that might be "cringe", I'm gonna do it, dangit! Similarly, after not really doing anything fandom for a while, a close friend and I just went all in and decided screw it, we're making BNHA OCs. It's definitely rekindled some passion for both of us, so I definitely understand!
That's how I feel as well. It honestly feels a little odd as a twenty-two year old writing other people's characters, but I've honestly been having so much fun with it lately anyway. I think it's such a shame that we look down on "cringe culture" because it definitely has its time and place. It's really rekindled my passion for Roleplaying because of it, that's for sure.

That's how I feel as well. It honestly feels a little odd as a twenty-two year old writing other people's characters, but I've honestly been having so much fun with it lately anyway. I think it's such a shame that we look down on "cringe culture" because it definitely has its time and place. It's really rekindled my passion for Roleplaying because of it, that's for sure.
Same here - I am also in my 20s! I 100% agree that it's a shame that "cringe culture" as a term exists. I think bottom line is if you're having fun with it and not harming anyone, man, just go for it. I got started on Gaia Online and learned there that people can be so elitist. I would much rather see people having a blast than stressing about aesthetics and fitting into the current trends!

I thought more goofy shows with intricate and fun magic systems, like Owl House and Black Clover, would have tons of people roleplaying behind them. Unfortunately, I never have worse luck looking for RP partners than I do when I look for RPs in those fandoms.

Second answer sentinel and guide verse . . . but I know its not popular in the slightest.

An exciting plot is the most important thing for me - sometimes I think planning out the story is the most fun part! But what I love about RP is how it can take all kinds of unexpected little twists and turns along the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back