Experiences What is one thing that makes you go “Damn, this partner is a keeper”?

awww, this thread is such a sweet idea!

for me, what makes someone a keeper is when they show a lot of enthusiasm and patience. someone who makes a genuine effort to bounce around ideas but also see how i'm holding up means a lot to me. i like writing with people who view writing as an artform as much as a hobby. umm, big bonus points for partners who've taken an interest in the games/shows i'm into. having that common ground makes for a really fun experience and friendship.

I'm a group roleplayer but when I gm I love good character sheets. It's like "oh my god this is great I want to roleplay with this guy/gal/other so much."

Definitely someone who is understanding, and considerate, especially when things get hectic. I ended up getting slammed at work and it was also finals week at school and I let my partner at the time know I'd be gone for like two weeks. I got an okay and when I came back two weeks later they wished me well and we just got back into the story no big deal, they didn't pester me to come back early or rush me for my reply when I came back.

Group roleplayer here as well, but someone who prioritizes the overall story over their personal 'self-insert' desires. Everyone wants to have their badass moment or be the smartest person in the room, but the best roleplayers I've collaborated with in the past show discipline. They focus on crafting a compelling story and don't just indulge in self-gratification with every post. They still end up having their moments too - they just work it into the narrative in a way that fits the story and makes sense for their character too.

I had a partner where we got along so well we joked that we were separated at birth despite our birthdays being almost exactly a year apart (11 months exactly to the day) and our roleplay was great too.

Unfortunately they ghosted me which, considering our quick connection, makes me really bummed. More then I should be admittedly, but I'm super bummed about it.

I had a partner where we got along so well we joked that we were separated at birth despite our birthdays being almost exactly a year apart (11 months exactly to the day) and our roleplay was great too.

Unfortunately they ghosted me which, considering our quick connection, makes me really bummed. More then I should be admittedly, but I'm super bummed about it.
What in the world?? Why would they ghost you if you hit it off so well?
Obviously I'm not one to judge - people have real life issues all the time where they either struggle to log on or simply can't due to unforeseen circumstances. But it strikes me as a little weird that they wouldn't even let you know something had happened to them if you were becoming so close. I wonder what caused them to ghost...? Hope they're doing okay

What in the world?? Why would they ghost you if you hit it off so well?
Obviously I'm not one to judge - people have real life issues all the time where they either struggle to log on or simply can't due to unforeseen circumstances. But it strikes me as a little weird that they wouldn't even let you know something had happened to them if you were becoming so close. I wonder what caused them to ghost...? Hope they're doing okay

That's what I'm curious about myself and I've voiced my concerns but they haven't said anything so I'm a bit worried honestly. Kinda bums me out. I'm not exaggerating when I say they were the PERFECT partner.

That's what I'm curious about myself and I've voiced my concerns but they haven't said anything so I'm a bit worried honestly. Kinda bums me out. I'm not exaggerating when I say they were the PERFECT partner.
Have they been online but aren't replying to your posts? Or have they gone totally offline altogether? Cause if it's the latter, that's concerning

Sense of humor, and their style of writing. I love it when there’s banter and connection and chemistry, when we’re just back and forth on ideas and the characters are just like family. Like damn.

When they geek out about worldbuilding and plotting with me! Like I love playing catch with ideas where I'll toss you something, you toss me something. It's magical.

Also when instead of ghosting, they tell me they don't like something about the RP and we fix it together. When a partner is mature and understands that speaking up is a great way to get what we both want, that's when I know they're a keeper

When they're invested in the story! That's possibly the most important thing to me in a roleplay. It's partly why I write with people rather than alone; it's just fun to get excited over a thing together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back