Viewpoint What is a role play you would join every time

• Any group RP with a space opera setting that allows alien character and isn't a blatant mirror of a Star Trek exploration crew. Okay, so I really just want to RP in a group as a space pirate. I will give an attempt to fit a character into this kinda setting almost anywhere i see it (unless the proposing GM seems to be serving it up in absolute terrible quality). Space Opera is my all-time favorite genre to both read and write. And it is shamefully underrepresented in the RP community.

• I would also definitely give any Conan the Barbarian themed group RP a try at any and every iteration. One of my favorite fandoms. I've been in literally ONE roleplay in this vein in all my 26 years of roleplaying. It was about six or seven years ago (on an adult site), and I've never so much as seen anyone list it as a potential interest of theirs since then on any venue I've been on.

• Group RP with a focus on Goblins as the main characters. I-fucking-LOVE-Goblins! (But like, actual monstrous goblins like in D&D or Pathfinder or LotR, and not that anime crap)

• Hot-Rod Post-apocalypse! Essentially a Mad Max analog in group roleplay flavor. World is a post-war wasteland, and some of the surviving people are running around in sup'ed up muscle cars and off-road rigs. "I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy! I'm hotter than a rollin' dice. Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down a rubber road, right to FREEDOM!"

Any and all of these with the caveat of the participating characters being OCs of course. I don't RP with/as canonical characters.

Last edited:
I will legit always do Wizarding World roleplays. The exact plots change over time but you will almost always get a yes if you request a roleplay set in the Harry Potter world outside Hogwarts or the canon timeline.

I will also always say yes to something Ghibli inspired (especially with witches). I love the kinda of soft whimsical slice of life magic genre so so much.

• Any group RP with a space opera setting that allows alien character and isn't a blatant mirror of a Star Trek exploration crew. Okay, so I really just want to RP in a group as a space pirate. I will give an attempt to fit a character into this kinda setting almost anywhere i see it (unless the proposing GM seems to be serving it up in absolute terrible quality). Space Opera is my all-time favorite genre to both read and write. And it is shamefully underrepresented in the RP community.

• I would also definitely give any Conan the Barbarian themed group RP a try at any and every iteration. One of my favorite fandoms. I've been in literally ONE roleplay in this vein in all my 26 years of roleplaying. It was about six or seven years ago (on an adult site), and I've never so much as seen anyone list it as a potential interest of theirs since then on any venue I've been on.

• Group RP with a focus on Goblins as the main characters. I-fucking-LOVE-Goblins! (But like, actual monstrous goblins like in D&D or Pathfinder or LotR, and not that anime crap)

• Hot-Rod Post-apocalypse! Essentially a Mad Max analog in group roleplay flavor. World is a post-war wasteland, and some of the surviving people are running around in sup'ed up muscle cars and off-road rigs. "I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy! I'm hotter than a rollin' dice. Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down a rubber road, right to FREEDOM!"

Any and all of these with the caveat of the participating characters being OCs of course. I don't RP with/as canonical characters.
you have been searching for that same space rp for about as long as ive been on rpn
im rooting for you that you find the rp that meets your desires

Usually like really cute, light hearted, very cliche and fluffy slice of life plots tbh lol.

I will legit always do Wizarding World roleplays. The exact plots change over time but you will almost always get a yes if you request a roleplay set in the Harry Potter world outside Hogwarts or the canon timeline.

I will also always say yes to something Ghibli inspired (especially with witches). I love the kinda of soft whimsical slice of life magic genre so so much.
Its been a while since i was in a good magical wizard rp. Oh never done a Ghibli rp but sounds lovely

Basically any war RP with a "band of brothers" type vibe, a.k.a soldiers gradually bonding over their shared experiences on the battlefield. Bonus points if said RP is in a realistic historical or modern setting.

you have been searching for that same space rp for about as long as ive been on rpn
im rooting for you that you find the rp that meets your desires
Much longer actually (especially if you count sites outside of RPN). but I've definitely been on a relentless hunt as of late. Ther are actually two possible groups running adverts here that may or may not pan out for this search. And I've made motions to join both. I'm just waiting to see how everything settles in and matches up.

nerdy tangents nerdy tangents I'm not a fan of anime, but I dig some of the Ghibli movies. My little brother got me into them. Nausicaa and Princess Mononoke are my favorite Ghibli films.

Much longer actually (especially if you count sites outside of RPN). but I've definitely been on a relentless hunt as of late. Ther are actually two possible groups running adverts here that may or may not pan out for this search. And I've made motions to join both. I'm just waiting to see how everything settles in and matches up.
Oh my gosh, it's been a collective few million years then T_T Goodluck with the two potentials. Hope they work out =)

any group rp where i can play an unapologetically horribly miserable evil character

any group rp where i can play an unapologetically horribly miserable evil character
same but without the evil bit (usually)

also also also
any school rp WITHOUT fantasy/horror elements
just like, bland teenage drama and homework and grades
I live for that

In terms of themes and conflict I’ll always be attracted to Man vs World/Society, Man vs Technology and Man vs Supernatural. Also, high octane, cheap thrills and back and forth quips. But since I’ve been on here I’ve been dabbling in drama, fluff, comfort and slice of life stuff. It’s a nice change.

oh and either a romance or bromance somewhere in the mix. lol

Last edited:
I'm a sucker for dark-themed role-plays. Realistic settings and scenarios that get the feelings going. I write to decompress and escape from the anxieties in life and horror helps with that. I of course adore sweet noted plotlines but I enjoy there being a balance. I don't do many romantic plotlines with others in role-playing but when I do its gold.
And the struggle oh there must be a struggle! There can not be a true comedy without tragedy and a damn struggle! Love it. This I will forever believe. I usually surround role-play concepts with what's going on in the world or in my mind.

For example, a vampire role play where hundreds of people are partying in a castle for seven nights straight. As those vampire slash human victorian party mob will eventually find themselves at the center of a really bloody scandal. *waggles thick brows*

Ah, definitely forgot to list that! I’m attracted to dark themes as well just not as heavily as when I was younger. Omg my younger days lmao. But my circumstances have definitely changed irl so I don’t feel the need to explore dark themes as much anymore. I’m better at reflecting on my own personal matters and the bad moments in life. But I used to use RP to explore tragedies and why people did horrible things and used that as a coping mechanism in a way, I guess.

I don't have anything specific but just something super unique? Like it's easy to say I like X or I like Y, but often these categories are so general they are really overdone, like fantasy that isn't DnD-ish, sci-fi that isn't star wars-esque, urban/school fantasy that isn't MHA-like, just put a different spin of stuff or even a parody.

Genre mashing, especially stuff that you wouldn't think will be put together like post-apocalyptic comedy or something like that.

Stuff that focuses on something really really hyper-specific, like an RP about being fire hydrant inspectors in a world where there are demons that only infest fire hydrants (hyperbole but still that's the vibe).

I get this stuff probably don't get that much interest because obviously it's weird and probably not in a good way

I have a soft spot for an adventurous beat that lets me play beyond the mundane. I'm a sucker for magic and superpower buuut not really interested in exploring higher themes.

Spare me the "trying to change society for the better" motivation and let me play a wizard who's in it to pay for his cheese obsession.

apocalyptic or dystopian vibes have my soul forever and for always. they don't even need to be horrendously unique.

I wouldn't say 'every time' because time is limited and can't stretch to every rp I see even if it has the thing I like.
But xianxia would definitely catch my interest. That, or a couple specific fandoms I'm deeply into. (un)fortunately, all of these are rare enough XD

I wouldn't say 'every time' because time is limited and can't stretch to every rp I see even if it has the thing I like.
But xianxia would definitely catch my interest. That, or a couple specific fandoms I'm deeply into. (un)fortunately, all of these are rare enough XD
Isn't it rough when they are rare. I feel this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back