What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Nation Building What if the Axis won WW2 RP/Minor World Building

Sub Genres
Action, Adventure, AU, Dystopian, Historical, Realistic, Slice of Life

BorkTheDoge

Hello to all who may be interested. This is just an interest check for an rp that will take place, in well..an alternate timeline. Specifically one where the Axis Powers won the second world war as you could obviously tell by the title.

While this unfortunate world and the rp that it will take place in will be the product of multiple imaginations, I do have a very rough idea that we can start from. It takes inspiration from a few different TLs, but it's open to change. This will definitely be part worldbuilding and part RPing. Weapons, technology, politics, lore this will all be blending into our RP and I think that some of the best parts of roleplaying is creating a world to go with it.

Even if it is incredibly cursed.

Anyway, that was just an interest check. If you're interested, let me know.

Pat

His Majesty Henry VIII
I find it hilarious this is tagged slice of life. I think I'm interested.

Key questions, how did WWII turn out differently, and how was the final peace negotiated (if at all)?

BorkTheDoge

I find it hilarious this is tagged slice of life. I think I'm interested.

Key questions, how did WWII turn out differently, and how was the final peace negotiated (if at all)?
Haha, a little bit of dark humor on my part glad you got a chuckle out of it. So the point of divergence is long before the Second World War. Stalin fails his soft coup and never comes to power. Kalinin takes control. Japan takes her conquests one step at a time rather then bog herself down. When WW2 kicks off, Kalinin breaks under the pressure of Operation Barbarossa and surrenders the territorial losses to Germany. This causes a political fracturing of the Soviet Union as everything behind the A-A Line is now Lebenstraum, and naturally no one in the USSR is happy with this or Kalinin's inaction. Secession, civil wars and coup after coup after coup break the Union and it descends into warlordism and anarchy.

Now here comes some true hackery for the sake of a narrative. Italy is more competent in the war, especially against the British and French in North Africa. Spain jumps in as well on the side of the Axis on the promises of french territory in North Africa.

Operation Sea Lion happens and part of the British government surrenders. Loyalists flee to Canada and Australia. Edward is brought back as a puppet dictator pulled by German Strings. The war ended with most of Europe under Axis control, although Franco, Hitler, Tojo and Mussolini probably won't keep the alliance going for any longer.

On the Pacific, the US never enters the war in Europe and fights Japan to a standstill. Japan keeps her territorial gains in east asia, including the Philipines. No treaties are signed, only an ceasefire.

After that? Who knows. Will the Axis stay together. Not likely. Will the Greater Germanic Reich live after Hitler's meth fueled body gives out? Probably not. Is Japan really going to win a land war in Asia now that reality has decided to kick in. Probably not.

But it's fun to discuss these things and have a fun cursed rp from it. All of those "probably not" answers have like fifty different possibilities attached to them. Many avenues to take

Pat

His Majesty Henry VIII
Alright. I'd be interested in the good old U S of A if this roleplay gets off the ground.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)