Opinion what helps you sleep

1 am? Lucky you. I've pulled unitentional all-nighters before. The best thing for me is listening to music. Doesn't matter what kind, just music. Full-blast, nonstop until you feel tired. Also lip-syncing and breathing in and out like you're actually singing. Might take a long while, but it usually works.
Also every night I listen to the same exact song and it works after more than half an hour
It's the only thing that really works anymore

weighted blankets definitely help with sleep! if i'm having a particuarly hard time sleeping, i'll just chuck it over myself and i'm out cold within five minutes skskkss they work wonders, honestly!

not so much when it's hot, though ;w;

Nice! The only thing I’m not sure about is apparently they make a lot of noise? Being already a light sleeper, not sure if the beads would help. ASMR and those sleep music/talk never works for me because I feel like I’m always buzzing. The blankets would definitely at least hold me down.

I gotchu on the breathability. I wonder if they could make a cold gel version of it so it cools down.

i think they do if you move em about?? but i've not encountered too much noise with mine sksks not once its over me, anyways XD
but i getchu there tho, it's hard to sleep through noise 😭 😭

ohhh that'd be cool honestly lmao i always wondered if you could just like, throw them in the fridge or something probably not a good idea, but i freeze my pillowcase in the summer lsdfkdfds i'd throw cash at a cooling weighted blanket tho that just sounds like heaven ;w;

Ha ha. Yeah, I’m a toss and turner so I figured that might be a challenge for me. I usually just wait for exhaustion to punch me in the face before I could actually turn in.

Ohh, I want to say do it! But I wouldn’t want you to ruin the blanket in case the beads crack or something. But someone’s gotta invent that! They’d be making so much bank. $$$

If I could afford it, I’d sleep in a cryotank. Wake up feeling like fresh clone every day. XD

1. Contracting each muscle group one by one for 5 seconds: first your legs, then your abs, arms, hands and lastly face.

2. Daily vitamin D supplements and magnesium before bed. Those also help if you find you’ve been irrationally sad for no apparent reason. (Vitamin D deficiency can cause depression-like symptoms!)

3. Cool and air out your bedroom before sleeping.

4. AVOID BLUE LIGHT. Including cool light bulbs. Set your phone and laptop to warm light at night and avoid blue/violet backgrounds. Get off your phone for at least 15 minutes before bed if you can.

5. White noise. Or pink. Or brown. Whatever sounds good to you.

6. Imagine you’re writing numbers on a chalkboard EXTREMELY slowly. Start from one and you should be asleep before you reach 30.

4. AVOID BLUE LIGHT. Including cool light bulbs. Set your phone and laptop to warm light at night and avoid blue/violet backgrounds. Get off your phone for at least 15 minutes before bed if you can.
*when the song I listen to to sleep makes a bright blue glow throughout my room from my tv, since there's nowhere else to listen to it on*

putting on a podcast or youtube video i've heard before and don't actually need to pay attention to usually knocks me out in a few minutes. having a fan on in the background is also a necessity, even in the darkest depths of winter. i envy and fear people who are able to sleep in complete silence.

I literally haven't slept in 24 hours... Lol. I either have to have the fan on, or listen to rain sounds. If I stay up for too long, I'll be up for the rest of the day.

I eat 2-3 kiwi's a half hour before bed. They're loaded with serotonin so it helps you feel happy, relaxed, and sleepy.

Nice! The only thing I’m not sure about is apparently they make a lot of noise? Being already a light sleeper, not sure if the beads would help.
Sorry i'm so late to this, but Bearby makes knitted weighted blankets so there's no crinkling or beads! Plus since there's a lot of open bits it doesn't get hot. I got one and it is amazing! (Not sponsored lol)

Sometimes the rain makes me fell asleep but any other time just stop thinking or worrying about things and close your eyes I usually pass out after that lol.

It’s sleepy podcasts and bedtime stories for me. If I’m still not feeling it, I usually have a book beside my bed and I read until I fall asleep.

A weighted blanket was my godsend. I personally hate being cold so I bought a sherpa fleece one but there are normal and even cooling ones for your preferred sleep temp. You have to make sure to get a good weight for you, tho, or it isn't going to do much. 10% of your body weight rounded down is the ususal recommended weight, I wish I would have listened, I got 5 pounds less worried that it would be too much. Worth every penny however.

I also can recommend weighted eye masks you can get ones that you put into the freezer too. I found that I sleep deeper when I'm stressed or if I have a headache with it on.

hello it is like almost 1 am and im trying to sleep but i keep thinking of things that id prefer not to think about what do you do that helps you sleep at night
Reading helps. I usually can’t get to sleep until 3-4am but if I read something, it helps! Maybe even try reading about a topic you find boring.

I usually just don't stress about it, being stressed or overthinking it makes it even harder for me to sleep- and to help you sleep I usually just read a book, they make my eyes tired

What helps me sleep? When I'm in class, Halo 3 ODST Rain and Thunder 10 Hours.

When I'm home? Heavy Metal, such as Avenged Sevenfold, Cult to Follow, Etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back