• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

What Happened Next? (A Rewarding Opportunity)

Seems pretty logical to me. I think that summary brings me more or less up to speed.

Captain Hesperus

Maybe a general question to begin with: Who are the bad guys? Right from the beginning, we have the Zentraedi on Earth, then we have the beloved General Steel (you would call him an enemy at this point, right?). Somewhere out there, there's the Zeki-Zentraedi and the Invid, both of them unlikely to be friendly towards us. Anything or anyone else out there? And, in the same vein, any scores to settle? The Beastmaster is dead, Steele is still out there; anyone else who might show up in due time?
That seems pretty accurate, but I'll go over what I remember just for clarity (and to add some of the other species allied to the above).

Definitely enemies:
* Dolza-Zentraedi: the Zentraedi of our time who attacked (and nearly destroyed) Earth.
* Zeki-Zentraedi: the Zentraedi from the future. Have so far attacked on sight; we generally return the favor.
-- Allied species: Wargoths. Have sticky tongues and entirely too many teeth. Also relatively intelligent. (Click here for their intro post, with pictures.)
-- The Beastmaster: more of a "class" than an individual, is my impression, so we probably shouldn't dismiss the idea of coming across more.
* The Invid: I don't actually have a lot of solid info on these yet. Other than the all-important fact that they want to come to Earth, destroy lots, and enslave whatever isn't destroyed.
-- Presumed allied species: Nasty cat-thing, name unknown. Not a lot about these either, other than they absolutely hate Traversers and are, like the Wargoth, relatively intelligent. Or at least, in the very short battle we had with one, it displayed enough sense of tactics to pin Toph to the ground so that she couldn't dodge, and was screaming hate and visions of doom and destruction to every Traverser in the room. (Click here for that intro post.)
* The Anti-Unification League (AUL): I think reading Hercules' prologue gives the best introduction, but the short version is, these guys hate anyone and anything that isn't human or of completely Earth origin. Inclusive, open-minded people that we are, that makes them our enemies.
* Chessel Corporation: Similar attitude to the AUL, and secretive to boot. Honestly, who shoots down unarmed, nonthreatening cargo planes whose flight path takes them near one of your facilities? Chessel Corporation's robot droneships, that's who.

Potential enemies:
* Scavengers: Just throwing this in there because we'll probably come up against them, or someone like them, again. Scavengers are unallied humans who have stolen technology from one side or the other, cobbled it together as best they can, and are using it to defend against all comers. Or against a TASC squad just trying to get past them to their real mission. And by "technology," I mean they've got mecha and know how to use them. Yaaay. But at least they're not always immediately hostile.

Allies turned enemies:
* General Steele: Commanding officer of the Eglin TASC base. Honestly, not sure what his deal is. He seemed just an annoying power-trippy CO at first, but given the lack of actual information regarding our assigned mission, some mis-information thrown in here and there, and his choosing to cut off the search-and-rescue efforts at 2 hours instead of the standard 24, Elinor's now of the opinion he wanted us to blow up with the Zeki-Zentraedi ship.

Enemies turned allies:
* Those Zentraedi and Meltrandi of our time who have chosen to ally with Earth against other enemies. (These are the Breetai-Zentraedi and some of the Dolza-Zentraedi, and some of the Lisara-Meltrandi. The rest of the Lisara-Meltrandi are off doing their own thing somewhere in the galaxy.)
* Ura-Meltrandi: the Meltrandi of the future, led by War-Queen Taniya. Honestly, I'm not sure how long the actual alliance between our faction and theirs will last, but it's great while we have it.
-- Allied species: Scrath. Rather pretty, if you like praying mantises. Definitely intelligent, and telepathic to boot. (Click here for Unit One/Iris's intro post, with pictures.)
Iris: Historical record: We are at war with the Zeki-Zentraedi. Long ago, the Zeki-Zentraedi discovered our homeworld. We welcomed them in peace. At first, they destroyed many of us. Then, lacking food, the Zeki-Zentraedi enslaved us. This lasted until the arrival of the Ura-Meltrandi. They freed us. They hate all Zentraedi. We, the Scrath, are not capable of hate though our feelings toward Zeki-Zentraedi and Dolza-Zentraedi come close. The Ura-Meltrandi fought for our freedom eventually winning our liberation from the Zeki-Zentraedi. Thus, we have sworn eternal fealty to the Ura-Meltrandi and eternal hostility toward the Zeki-Zentraedi and by extension, the Dolza-Zentraedi. We will continue to serve the Ura-Meltrandi here and on other worlds until the end of time or until they deem otherwise. Query: How do you respond?

Colonel Sharp sounded curious. "So... you worship the Ura-Meltrandi?"

Iris: A fair and accurate statement.

"What about the... Lisara-Meltrandi?"

Iris: We currently see no distinction between these factions. Conclusion: They are the same species and appear to operate nearly identically hence our continued openness and admiration with Mistress Neqel and our friendliness with Toph Kirin. They are Meltrandi whom we adore. We will destroy the Zentraedi to the last in their name.

I found a quote from Iris in regards to what Ura-Meltrandi call "fun"...
Our ever-valiant Queen finds it relaxing to board Zentraedi vessels alone and destroy them from the inside out. Barring this, she enjoys causing as much havoc and distress among our enemies as possible. It gives her great joy and satisfaction.

Note on Zentraedi and Meltrandi: Dolza, Breetai, and Lisara were the names of leaders of their respective groups, which are therefore named after them. I'm guessing Ura and Zeki are leaders of their races in the future, but that hasn't come up.

Also! Important formatting note!
We've been making pretty constant use of the binary nexuses for communication. It's direct, it doesn't use up radio channels, and as far as we know, can't be intercepted or heard by anyone not already in the nexus. To signify when we're talking in a nexus, we use bold text and quotation marks, like this:
Elinor called out to the rest of the squad, "Heads up, we've got incoming."
It saves a bit of time and typing so that we don't have to indicate every time whether we're speaking out loud or in our heads.

Last edited:
Edited a couple things on the Meltrandi and Zentraedi.

Kaerri Kaerri Heya, thanks a lot! Pretty sure that covers most general questions about the different factions out there - I'll make sure to come back to this when an unfamiliar name shows up =)
For now, though, I'm thoroughly briefed which groups I should avoid at any cost; not that that'll save me, but it's nice to recognize the impending doom.

Captain, that video pretty much sums up what I've seen of them in Sherwoods games myself. Some of the most horrific and remorable moments right there. Speaking of them, there's only a warning of them at this point, right? Does the world know about the incoming threat, or is that Broadsword-knowledge for now? I mean, given the possible arrival of the Masters at any given point, it probably wouldn't change much in terms of preparation, just wondering if the Ura-Meltrandi found it relevant to include mankind in their plans at all, given that only the Broadsword made the trip back through time as things stand right now.

I'm pretty sure it's just our group and those who came from the future to fight them (and, I'm guessing, Professor Stein's organization?). So no, not the world at large.

Kaerri Kaerri Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Silanon Silanon D. Rex D. Rex

All right! We are caught up to the present (well, since 14 November)! Everyone please add a "Bonus Action Point" to your character sheet (preferably just below your Action Points - do not add this point to your normal Action Points as those expire while Bonus Action Points do not). I have also added extra RP Points to the pot since everyone participated!

Please continue to ask any story/history related here - you never know when those questions will come up. It's nice to have one place to look. =)

Purr Purr I'll have you know! That when you introduced the wargoths and provided the spoiler. You likened them to Zuul!

Can't you see that is Vinz Clortho, they key master? Geez! Its obvious to anyone with eyes! Do you even ghostbuster?

:p

Jokes aside, finally had the chance to read up on things.

Answered most of the history questions I would have had! Thanks so much guys. Has really helped my understanding of the beats of the rp.

I do have a question though! Where can I read up on the blue world, cores, and knacks stuff?

Dannigan has that in one of the PMs that he sent out to us. I think that he has to be the one to allow new people access to that message.

Yeah, I don't want my Technopathy rules out in the open where all of RP Nation can see them. (I may have mentioned this before but) prior to RP Nation using Xenforo 2.0, both of my games were completely hidden from public view (just the names - totally invitation-only even to browse). I would still have it that way if I could. Until then, I'm using Conversations.

Some time ago, I put out an interest check here in Broadsword to see if anyone wanted a Conversation thread involving the NPCs (the images I'm using from the Internet, some notes, things to make them a little more than just text on a screen, you know?) but no one bit. If our newer players (or Cap'n) wants that, I'm still up for putting it together. And if no one does, that's O.K. too! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back