Chitchat What frightens you the most?

Breaking my neck whilst doing a backflip, or a vist from the men in black from the real area 51 incident. scary. >^<

To quote Game of Thrones:
"Death is the enemy, the first enemy and the last."
"But we all die."
"The enemy always wins, and we still need to fight him."

I'm young, got at least another forty years left on this earth so I guess I'm not so much afraid of death but more afraid of dying before my time. I have so much I want to do, and even more I need to do before death comes knocking. Dying alone is a big fear too.
I'm frightened of the world changing in certain ways. The far-right is on the rise, and that's pretty worrisome for somebody like me given how a lot of them see me. That's not even mentioning parts of the left-wing who see me the same way, who are also on the rise.

This may be controversial, but given how my current job involves physical labour, and how the disabled are treated in my country a big fear of mine is being in an accident or getting an illness that means I can't do my job anymore. Due to the numerous amount of health problems in my family, I can only do my current job for another ten to fifteen years before my body just flat-out says no. Hopefully by that stage I'll be in the admin position for my line of work and won't have to worry about the physical side.
Controversial, I know but my country isn't kind to the disabled. To say they are treated poorly would be a massive understatement. My country already hates me for a good number of other reasons and I'd rather not add being physically disabled (already have multiple conditions that list me as disabled, but not physically) to the list.

Secrets getting out. That's a big one. I'm handling coming out like Malcolm Tucker (Peter Capaldi in The Thick of It), putting the lid on it and making sure the process is done right. If it goes wrong I stand a chance at losing my job, multiple family members and losing out on a lot of money (being written out of wills) in the long run.

Very strong language in this clip:

No, getting a stern telling off from Peter capaldi. I would die on the spot.
That's the most terrifying thing I can think of.

When I’m struggling to eat a meat skewer, and the sharp end accidentally stabs the back of my throat. What a killer when I’m trying to eat delicious grilled meat.

I'm so scared of losing everyone and everything I love... Either by my own foolishness or some other means daily...

Last edited:
Uselessness, being unprepared, or having my input ignored, to the detriment of those I care about.

My biggest fear is the fact that Christianity - or some other religion - could be real and the entire eternity of my afterlife is determined by how I act during this lifetime. To think that I'll have to suffer an eternity of suffering in Hell because of my sins, yet I'm so unwilling to devote myself to Christianity. Yikes. Terrifies me so much. It's scary how uncertain it is.

To quote Game of Thrones:
"Death is the enemy, the first enemy and the last."
"But we all die."
"The enemy always wins, and we still need to fight him."

I'm young, got at least another forty years left on this earth so I guess I'm not so much afraid of death but more afraid of dying before my time. I have so much I want to do, and even more I need to do before death comes knocking. Dying alone is a big fear too.
I'm frightened of the world changing in certain ways. The far-right is on the rise, and that's pretty worrisome for somebody like me given how a lot of them see me. That's not even mentioning parts of the left-wing who see me the same way, who are also on the rise.

This may be controversial, but given how my current job involves physical labour, and how the disabled are treated in my country a big fear of mine is being in an accident or getting an illness that means I can't do my job anymore. Due to the numerous amount of health problems in my family, I can only do my current job for another ten to fifteen years before my body just flat-out says no. Hopefully by that stage I'll be in the admin position for my line of work and won't have to worry about the physical side.
Controversial, I know but my country isn't kind to the disabled. To say they are treated poorly would be a massive understatement. My country already hates me for a good number of other reasons and I'd rather not add being physically disabled (already have multiple conditions that list me as disabled, but not physically) to the list.

Secrets getting out. That's a big one. I'm handling coming out like Malcolm Tucker (Peter Capaldi in The Thick of It), putting the lid on it and making sure the process is done right. If it goes wrong I stand a chance at losing my job, multiple family members and losing out on a lot of money (being written out of wills) in the long run.

Very strong language in this clip:

Holy shit I've seen this clip so many times before.

My biggest fear is being hated by everyone around me. I can't stand the thought of being utterly alone. This ties into my fear of watching everyone I love die while I'm left growing older and having to live without them. I think at that point, I would just die.
I also dislike spiders, but not that much.

Probably my own nightmares.. like there was this one night there was a tall being in a black distance with what seemed to have a white plain cover mask with no detail to it but quickly the camera or myself unwillingly went towards it faster and faster until I'm eye o eye level of it tho it has no eye sockets or face at all ... until the mask opened its eyes straight into my soul unexpectedly.

My nightmares sometimes are scary to meh 0w0

I am afraid of disease (especially Alzheimers)

One of the things that frightens me the most though is my own imagination. I suffer from a phenomenon known as "call of the void" (yes, that is the actual name of the thing). Basically lapses where, for instance, if you're near a cliff you may feel the urge to jump or imagine what it would be like to jump. Or holding a knife and my brain pictures what it would be like if I cut myself on it. Or being on a bus and imaging it crashing into something.

The kicker here is that it happens randomly and it feels way too real to me. I have a strong imagination so I get really immersed for those two seconds spent imagining the scenario in question, without my control. So I don't feel like I just got stabbed, but I still end up scared shitless.

You're not alone there.

Like Idea said, diseases such as Alzheimers and dementia. If I'm going to forget everything and every one, then, whats the point?

The future plays into that as well. As a nihilist the worst thing I can possibly think of is anything but right now. The future is terrifying because it means I'm that much closer to dying, and that's really not great. It means I'm the much closer to the "is it too late" question. It means everybody I know and love is getting older and closer to that inevitable end. Nothing scares me except for the one inevitable thing we all have in common.

No, getting a stern telling off from Peter capaldi. I would die on the spot.
That's the most terrifying thing I can think of.
Honestly, I don't think anyone wants a telling off from the 12th Doctor. Believe me.

I'm not very afraid of anything, really. I've handled venomous snakes, poison dart frogs, skittish horses, rabid dogs, spiders (I'm talking, like, giant spiders), and a lot of other things. I'm not afraid of the dark, heights, silence, or being alone. I actually like all four of those things. But the one thing, the one thing I'm terrified of, is rejection. Rejection. Yes, you heard me right. The girl who had been bitten by a goddamn horse, is afraid of rejection. I have really bad anxiety (general and social), so rejection is just horrifying to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back