Chitchat What fandoms are you in/are new to?

Palamino_Horse

My Lord and savior is Danny Devito
Hey folks! I'm new to the role-play scene and I wanna get to know some peeps. So, just as a little conversation starter, what are some fandoms that you're new to or are already in and are super passionate about? Or maybe you consider yourself part of a fandom, but don't really interact with the fandom? Just any fandom that you're in.

Last edited:
granted, im in a lot of bandoms (is that a term that's still used??) but my top three fandoms, i've been in them for pretty much the entirety of their existence, definitely have to be teen wolf, riverdale, and percy jackson.
a few fandoms i'm new to have to be the hunger games series (i know, little late to the party) and chilling adventures of sabrina.

I don't ever end up interacting a whole lot in the fandoms, but I do really have a passion for some of my shows. Supernatural is up there (I somewhat avoid the fandom, cause the majority of them are shippers, and that just ain't my thing), and I'll go nuts over Lucifer any day. I also played Undertale forever back and it's been my favourite game since. Again, another fandom that can get quite... uppity at times.
What about you, Palamino_Horse Palamino_Horse ?

I don't ever end up interacting a whole lot in the fandoms, but I do really have a passion for some of my shows. Supernatural is up there (I somewhat avoid the fandom, cause the majority of them are shippers, and that just ain't my thing), and I'll go nuts over Lucifer any day. I also played Undertale forever back and it's been my favourite game since. Again, another fandom that can get quite... uppity at times.
What about you, Palamino_Horse Palamino_Horse ?
Haha! My friend tried to get me into Supernatural! But, I never really did. Demons and angels don’t really catch my interest, despite me being part of a religion for the first 8 years of my life. I fell out of it only a few years back, believe it or not. I began asking questions and I found a lot of the logic to be faulty—no offense to those who are religious it’s just what I personally experienced.
Undertale was a good game, but yeah the fandom can be pretty...Oof, that’s all I’ll say.
Well, I suppose I am technically part of the the Doctor Who fandom (I consider myself a Whovian) but I try to stay away from any fan content. I’m sure there’s really good stuff out there, it’s just me being afraid of finding the...horrors...
I quite enjoy the X-men, although I’ve never had the chance of reading the comics. I’m basing it solely off how much I loved X-men Evolution back in the day. Me and my sister watched the full series in less than a month lol! Man was I sad when it was over. Once again, I never really checked out the fan content because I was scared of finding the bad stuff. But I can say with confidence that my favorite character was Kurt Wagner! He was always so cool to me!
And that brings me to the fandom I’m new to...I’m a bit ashamed to admit it, but I’ve been gravitating towards the furry community lately. I was introduced to the internet at a really young age—probably way too young an age—and furries were one of the first things I was introduced to. I drew bipedal, anthropomorphic animals, I loved Sonic the Hedgehog and plenty classic Disney films featuring animal protagonists, not to mention I grew up on Looney Toons and Woody Woodpecker...my parents were clueless and just supported my art no matter what, so I continued to draw them. What’s funny is I haven’t drawn anthropomorphic animals in three years, but suddenly I picked it up again...and here I am!

Haha! My friend tried to get me into Supernatural! But, I never really did. Demons and angels don’t really catch my interest, despite me being part of a religion for the first 8 years of my life. I fell out of it only a few years back, believe it or not. I began asking questions and I found a lot of the logic to be faulty—no offense to those who are religious it’s just what I personally experienced.
Sorry to hear about the religious stuff! As long as you're happy, though!
Though the demons and angels in Supernatural are surprisingly less... religious, and more a part of a magic system. By all means, I don't believe in the angels and demons they portray in the show, lmao! Still fun to watch, though, and I'd recommend it to others. c:

And that brings me to the fandom I’m new to...I’m a bit ashamed to admit it, but I’ve been gravitating towards the furry community lately. I was introduced to the internet at a really young age—probably way too young an age—and furries were one of the first things I was introduced to. I drew bipedal, anthropomorphic animals, I loved Sonic the Hedgehog and plenty classic Disney films featuring animal protagonists, not to mention I grew up on Looney Toons and Woody Woodpecker...my parents were clueless and just supported my art no matter what, so I continued to draw them. What’s funny is I haven’t drawn anthropomorphic animals in three years, but suddenly I picked it up again...and here I am!
Don't be ashamed, man! Just cause the community gets a bad rep doesn't mean you have to feel guilty over liking something. You be you! I'm a furry, myself. I, too, draw art! In reality, it's a much nicer community than people would expect, as long as you don't drift into the no-go zone.. Which really is the case with every fandom, not just furries.

Sorry to hear about the religious stuff! As long as you're happy, though!
Though the demons and angels in Supernatural are surprisingly less... religious, and more a part of a magic system. By all means, I don't believe in the angels and demons they portray in the show, lmao! Still fun to watch, though, and I'd recommend it to others. c:

Don't be ashamed, man! Just cause the community gets a bad rep doesn't mean you have to feel guilty over liking something. You be you! I'm a furry, myself. I, too, draw art! In reality, it's a much nicer community than people would expect, as long as you don't drift into the no-go zone.. Which really is the case with every fandom, not just furries.
Oh yeah, obviously the angels and demons in the show are vastly different from the biblical type. And I do see why people love Supernatural, it seems like a fun show! It's just not my cup of tea, but maybe I'll try it someday...

And you're a furry too?? Oh lord, you do not know how happy and relieved I am to see other people from the fandom! I've been really reluctant to join any furry sites, but I've been kind of hoping to run into others sort of by chance. Furries do get quite the bad rep, but I really love the whole energy behind the fandom. It's mostly the reason why I'm reluctant to join anything, I don't want to end up on that side of the fandom, but I agree that you'll find things like that in any fandom.

Oh boy, this is a long list, so I will simply keep it to the top five series' out there I can talk about any day of the week.

First off, my one true love: This is Us. A relatively new show, with it coming out in 2016 and all; and surely it's super soapy at times, bu t oh my god i do love this show dearly! It's honestly one of my favorites out there. So many wonderful things to say about it: it's dedication to authentic diversity, the well-rounded cast, the evenly balanced themes of comedy and drama and heart, the storylines that anybody at one point in their life can relate to, the ambitious concept of telling stories spanning, as of the most recent season, five generations, and their devotion to using the same actors if they can. It's honestly an amazing show and everyone who has been apart of it has given their own stamp on the characters they've played.

Then there's Person of Interest. My love for this show is quite simple: it's one of the best scifi shows i've seen. It gave an AI -- AN AI/COMUPER THING -- personality and heart. If you really get yourself into the show, you'll feel a lot of things for The Machine. It also serves an intelligently-written spy thriller with some BAMF's!

Okay, so this next one is sort of a collective but the entire franchise is so good I couldn't not mention it: The Arrow/Flash/CWverse. Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl -- I love em' all. Kinda soapy but they're entertaining af. And the actors are pretty great. Storyline wise they tend to differ in quality, but there's something magical about each of them.

I'm lowkey also a big soap opera fan (as if you couldn't tell), so I couldn't make this post without mentioning Days of Our Lives. I've been watching it on and off for 20 years (don't i just sound like a housewife hehe?). There have been years where I took a break either cause I moved, school, or honestly just didn't have the time to keep up with it. Some of the storylines get too repetitive at times, but in recent years (since like 2012 and onward), I've been really enjoying it and Days is the only daytime soap I know who tackles current events for their stories; and I appreciate that. Plus, recently, I've discovered some of my top OTPs in any fandom belongs to Days, so I think that's pretty cool.

And lastly, I couldn't make this list without mentioning Agents of Shield. Such an underrated show but god be damned if I don't give it some love. Like the Arrowverse, it can take a dip in quality but it's also a lot of fun. It's got that Whedon flare about it, so you know it's got some corny jokes and references to pop culture. But there's also something magical about it and some of my favorite actors came from that show. It knows its target audience and because of that, it doesn't try and talk above them or below them, either. AoS is a show that's just so fun to watch. If you get neck-deep into the characters, you'll have a really exciting time, that much I'm sure of!

Oh yeah, obviously the angels and demons in the show are vastly different from the biblical type. And I do see why people love Supernatural, it seems like a fun show! It's just not my cup of tea, but maybe I'll try it someday...
Oh, it's no problem, I totally understand. Personally, I love some good ol' drama, and Supernatural is chock full of it ;P Good times.

And you're a furry too?? Oh lord, you do not know how happy and relieved I am to see other people from the fandom! I've been really reluctant to join any furry sites, but I've been kind of hoping to run into others sort of by chance. Furries do get quite the bad rep, but I really love the whole energy behind the fandom. It's mostly the reason why I'm reluctant to join anything, I don't want to end up on that side of the fandom, but I agree that you'll find things like that in any fandom.
I getcha on being reluctant to join any furry sites, lol. Same over here. I just don't wanna end up getting accidentally scarred for life. But yeah, I actually designed a family member's suit. We sent it in to a maker and had it custom made as per my illustrations. :) It's been really fun.

You could always just do what I do. Make friends with folks for awhile 'til they get to know you better, and then when the situation comes up, mention it in passing. That way they already know you and will be less trigger-happy with the assumptions. You don't have to hide it away or anything, but still. Be chill w/ it.

I'm in my fair share of fandoms, given the industrial amounts of anime and manga I consume. It's difficult to even start to list them cause there are just so many and I'm not sure what exactly the right threshold would be here.... Just watching/reading/playing? Then the fandoms would number near the thousands. Just the ones I'm most interested in? Sure, maybe, but I'd have to go through that whole list.

So I'll use the following criteria:
1. It has to be a fandom I fully consumed to the furthest extent that I could, and enjoyed.
2. It has to be a fandom which I still enjoy thinking about, which I can get excited about, without necessarily getting new content
3. It has to be a fandom I've taken an active interest in the lore to the point of looking stuff up, researching on or even wanting to roleplay it
4. It has to be a fandom I've taken to creating my own content for and discussed on the basis of itself as a topic
5. It has to be a fandom that led to me taking an interesting in it's type of premise or ideas to the point of them having an influence on my future interests or ideas

With that in mind, here's the list:

Anime
Absolute Duo
Boku No Hero Academia
Code Geass
Date a Live
Digimon
Fate Series
Grimms Notes
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou
World God Only Knows
Log Horizon
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika
Mekaku City Actors
No Game No Life
Overlord
Rakudai Kishi No Cavalry
Re:Creators
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
Tokyo Ghoul
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

Manga
Only Sense Online
Kumo desu ga, nani ka?
The Villainess' Slow Prison Life Began with Her Broken Engagement
Onii-chan is done for
Honzuki no Gekokujou
Isekai Transporter
29 to JK
The Other World Doesn't Stand A Chance Against The Power Of Instant Death.
Shishunki Bitter Change
Seitokai Tantei Kirika
Tadashi Ore wa Heroine Toshite
Boku Girl
Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso o Kasaneru
Idol Pretender

Games
Shadowverse
World of Warcraft
Magic the Gathering
Starcraft

Books
Inheritance Cycle (AKA Eragorn)
LOTR

Just got into Dr. Stone. Honestly probably one of the best rendition of the post apocalyptic future and having to start humanity from scratch idea. It really showcases the wealth of knowledge that we as a species have obtained about our world and universe. And the challenges of building it all back up again. Showing that even the worlds smartest man with an encyclopedia of knowledge of how everything was created can't instantly recreate all the comforts of modern technology.

Hi I'm still regarded as a new member I really like Sonic The Hedgehog and X Men Evoluation and the X Men Series and Marvel and DC, I love Anime and playing Video Games recently I have been into an anime called Violet Evergarden I have been wanting to do a roleplay based off of the anime and still do. But I have had little luck getting to do it though.

Muv-Luv, because an end-of-the-world scenario with mechs versus overpowered alien threats is always cool. The VNs are often considered to be "one of the best", and even the author behind AoT credits Muv-Luv for partly inspiring his work. Shame it seems to be rather unknown in the RP world outside the few times I've seen a fandom roleplay of it pop up here and there. Maybe it's because the setting is particularly gruesome, with, y'know, giant aliens chowing down on humans.

Hm, I tend to stick to a few fandoms that I hold close to my heart, and they do usually undergo change as well as time goes on.
Right now, I'm into Kimetsu no Yaiba (the anime even went trending on Twitter!) and I also like idol shows like IDOLiSH7, haha. And for manga and manhua, I am into KNY along with Jigokuraku, The Wonders of Aromatics, A Journey to the Past, and others!
There's also drama series in Thai that I really like- it's called SOTUS. It's quite slow, but they have plenty of cute scenes, hehe〜

I an into a few series but there are only a few I RP for. My main one being Final Fantasy XIV
I am also a fan of Kengan Ashura and have been writing a fan fic for it.

I've done several off and on, like Harry Potter and Pokemon. I even dabbled a bit in Monster High! My main one is Power Rangers, though it's hard to find partners sometimes, so I've also dabbled in modern cop or doctor drama rps. I have limited experience with Supernatural, though that's due to a good rp friend portraying an excellent Death! We made a fan kid of our characters for our verse only, and it's a lot of fun.

All the fandoms I'm in:

Assassin's Creed
Fallout
Soul Eater
Fallout
Dragon Age
Marvel
DC

It's not much, It's hard for me to get into things.

I'm really passionate about Dragon Age, I do interact with the fandom but I'm picky about who I interact with. I'm tired of all the complaining. I'm kinda new to Fallout and several years behind much like I am with Soul Eater, but I am getting pretty passionate about Fallout. I interact with the fandom a bit but it's a war zone. I am in love with Assassin's Creed but I usually stay out of the fandom due to personal reasons. Marvel and DC I don't really care for the actual fandom. I have RPed both Fallout and Dragon Age, they're really the only fandoms I feel comfortable with RPing occasionally.

Im gonna go rant to random strangers on Reddit about the Miraculous Ladybug season 3 finale, brb.

I'm not active in any fandoms but, not too recently, I've been getting into witch related fandoms.

Sabrina, The Teenage Witch (this is where it all started for me)
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Charmed (original)
Good Witch (movies & series)
Always A Witch
etc. (can't think of anymore at the moment)

I wish Bewitched was on Netflix. I never saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back