what do you listen to ?

I'm actually a big fan of Incubus, Pink Floyd, and Evanescence - but lately, my taste has been in listening to some old-school Trance.
I did recently discover Craig Connelly and he's definitely a powerful influence.
Otherwise stunning Paul Van Dyk, Armin VanBuren, stuff Armada is pushing.
I'm weird.
Not sorry.

'eyyyy, as if i haven't given you enough music rec's already, let's add more!!!
kailee morgue is SO GOOD i love her music so much ty for introducing me 🌸
king princess is a fucking clown tho ):< the clownery that leaves her mouth could make halsey jealous 🤡 🤡 (she does make good music tho no lie there)

here are some songs that i've found myself enjoying:
yes omg i love all the artists u’ve listed + troye sivan is a KING

kailee morgue is SO GOOD i love her music so much ty for introducing me 🌸
king princess is a fucking clown tho ):< the clownery that leaves her mouth could make halsey jealous 🤡 🤡 (she does make good music tho no lie there)
eeee! i'm honored to be the one to introduce you to her
but also how dare you insult both of my wives. you take that back right now, they are goddesses ):<

Lately I've been listening to Lemon Demon and Miracle Musical/Tally Hall. They have some interesting stuff. I definitely recommend Perturbator as well, they have some awesome dark synth stuff.

recently i've really been into ashniko. she's the female rapper we needed this whole time. her songs are cool and aren't all about her body and genitals like most female rappers (no shade). would definitely reccomend! :]

here's a mix of songs i've been listening to here lately:

( pulled from this playlist! )
r u mine? - arctic monkeys
flashlight - the front bottoms
everyone blooms - the front bottoms
painkiller - beach bunny
let me down - oliver tree
saturn suv - fredo disco
city of angels - 2kgoldn

then some of my heavier jams ( pulled from this playlist! )
spellbound - siouxie and the banshees
monitor - siouxie and the banshees
living dead girl - rob zombie
get out the way - mother mother ( i cannot recommend this band enough by the way! one of my absolute faves )
i've seen footage - death grips
never wanted to dance - mindless self indulgence
testify - rage against the machine

finally, some sort of "rainy day" songs. ( pulled from these two playlists! )
afraid - the neighborhood
back in school - mother mother
oh ana - mother mother
dead girl in the pool - girl in red
waves - dean lewis
noises - pale waves
epilogue - the antlers ( a VERY underrated band imo! this entire album hits different, i love it )

If you're into louder, and hella egdy stuff, korn is rad. Twisted transistor is a big fave by them. But if you're into really chill jams, Beck is excellent, havent listened to their newer stuff yet though,,,

recently i've really been into ashniko. she's the female rapper we needed this whole time. her songs are cool and aren't all about her body and genitals like most female rappers (no shade). would definitely reccomend! :]

DUDE!! stan ashnikko... in her music, and in any vids of her really, she's so unapologetically herself.......all her songs are major jams

I'm not interested in the grand majority of music there is, but instead I've found myself preferring to listen to soundtracks from some of my favorite videogames. Intrumental background music that gives you a good atmospheric feel is nice, and videogame music is usually designed specifically to be listened in the background as you do something else, so it's the perfect type of music to listen to while you do something that requires focus, like writing, studying, etc.

My current soundtracks I listen to all the time are:

-Sonic Unleashed (Very atmospheric and energetic music, which I love. My current favorites are Arid Sands Day, Skyscraper Scamper Day, and Dragon Road Day.)

-Sonic Mania (I love the music in this game! My favorites to listen to are Mirage Saloon Zone, Metallic Madness Zone, Chemical Plant Zone and Hydrocity Zone.)

-Plants vs Zombies 2 (Since the game is about time travel, there's themes for each time period that's visited in the game. My favorites are the themes that play in Far Future, Pirate Seas, Big Wave Beach and Neon Mixtape Tour. One of my favorites is actually the remix of Graze the Roof they added in Modern Day.)

-Them's Fightin Herds (One of the only fighting games I've ever played. It has very dynamic music, as each character's stage has a theme, but depending on which character is winning the fight you can hear the music transition into a remix of that stage's theme with the intrument and style of the winning character. My favorite combinations are Arizona in Oleander's stage, Arizona in Tianhuo's stage, Pom in Arizona's stage, Pom in Tianhuo's stage, Velvet in Tianhuo's stage, and Arizona in her own stage.)

-Super Meat Boy (I love the music in this game. It feel energetic and retro, which I love very much. My favorites are the Salt Factory Light World Levels and the Hospital Light World Levels.)

-Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 (Sonic Adventure 1 is a classic from my childhood and has some of my favorite videogame music of them all, such as Emerald Coast's theme, Windy Valley's theme, Ice Cap's theme and Red Mountain's theme. I also love the music for the Chaos boss battles. As for Sonic Adventure 2, I love Metal Harbor, Crazy Gadget, and also the theme for all the character battles)

-Cuphead (The soundtrack is one of my favorite parts of the game, along with the wonderful animation and artstyle and the challenging gameplay. My favorite themes are Werner Werman's theme, Wally Warbles' theme, Dr. Kahl's Robot's theme and of course, Cagney Carnation's theme.)

Those are only the ones I listen the most to currently. There's many others I listen to at times, and as time goes by I listen to different videogame soundtracks I like.

But if we're talking music with vocals, I guess I mostly listen to the songs from shows I watch, such as My Little Pony, classic Spongebob or Phineas and Ferb.

recently i've really been into ashniko.
would definitely reccomend! :]
omg ashniko ik her from that one song uhh stupid boy think that he own me or sumn ? super iconic sksjsjdj i’ll def check more of her stuff out !

here's a mix of songs i've been listening to here lately:
i squealed omg thank u for all the recs i’ll def be periodically checking the artists out (bc i’m negl i only know artic monkeys + the nbhd + girl in red + mother mother from ur list rip 😔 )

I'm not a huge weeb, but literally anything by BRADIO is a bop. I love electro-swing (Caravan Palace), and Lo-fi beats for chilling.

i like to listen to most type of music except hip hop, slow country abd heavy death metal. I own a lot of cd's but my cell phone with a few music apps i downloaded to it is my best friend. However to answer who i like here's a small list.

The Fixx
Within Temptation
Queensryche (with Geoff Tate)
A-HA
Savatage
Lacuna Coil
Dokken
Metallica
Shinedown
Pet Shop Boys
Lady Gaga
Bruno Mars
Sirenia
Foo Fighters
The Who
Asia

I could go on and on

I used to be really into the punk scene, went to a lot of D Beat and grindcore shows. Nowadays I listen to a lot more hip hop and indie, though i pretty much listen to a mix of everything. I also really like Goth rock from the 80s onward. Lately Ive been listening to:
-Elliot Smith
-Odd Future
-Mac Miller
-Replacements
-Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
-Bauhaus
-Radiohead
-Gorillaz (their new songs have been really good!)
-Travis Scott

I am a simple goth: I see 80s trad goth, I get all hyped XD
It's so nice to see that people nowadays are still enjoying goth music!
Totally :) Bauhaus and The Cure are two of my favorites, I also really like Christian Death..Romeo's Distress is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Mostly indie, alt rock, synth with some rap, ska, mongolian metal, metal, death metal, rock, punk, etc. A very well balanced playlist that has something for everyone imo.

Loving the very end of the playlist with mostly alt rock. Briston Maroney and broken bells go hard.

Albums/EPs:
SAWAYAMA (album) by Rina Sawayama
Hallucinations (EP) by PVRIS

Songs:
Headaches by Raveena
For the First Time by Best Coast
To my Love by Jamie Drake
Bitch by Calica
Savage Remix (feat. Beyonce) by Megan Thee Stallion (ofc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back