Experiences What do you link some of your common roleplay trends and topics too

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Okay so this is a bit weird but let's see where this goes *deep breath*

Okay so you know how you have those things you commonly do. Like, maybe almost all your characters are sharpshooters when possible or maybe all of them have green eyes. I dunno. Where would you say you link those back to.

I came up with this topic because I was typing random words into the search bar with specifically my name to see what I'd said in the past and came across this:

I link this back to my love of cross dressing and genderbending.

And emotionless uninterested generally done with your shit guys can be linked back to my first ever oc who's name I forgot.

I enjoy roleplays with topics of fandom mash-up/crossover/whatever.

I link this back to having zero confidence in my OCs and creative ability, and also enjoying certain fandoms to a concerning point.

:)

I usually try my utmost to stay away from patterns like that. When I make a character I look at the roleplay and what it calls for, not my personal preference or subconscious points of reference.

But it's not a problem to have these patterns unless you find yourself eventually growing tired of one of these characteristics mid-roleplay.

I'm sure I must have had this tendency in the past but it was so long ago that I can't recall. And I sure as hell ain't gonna go searching the archives for posts back in 2012/13. Scary as hell!

An interesting question nonetheless.

Idk why but recently, I feel very tempted to make characters with singing talent or musical talent, especially girls. I don't sing myself and haven't even played an instrument in years. Maybe the dedication and passion required makes me really like them? I don't know

I also enjoy making intelligent characters, doctors and such, for whatever reason. Possibly another dedication and passion thing. I haven't been able to restrain this one as well as the musical character one, as I believe I have like three characters who I'm rping with right now who either are some kind of doctor or aspire to be one

Another common thing is that I struggle to make slice-of-life, normal characters and really enjoy making characters who have powers or are otherwise not normal. I hate playing characters with very realistic lives so if they don't have superpowers, are not human, live in a different universe than our own, or are around weird things, I probably won't be into it. This is trait is shared by a majority of my characters. The answer for this is more clear, and it's that I find those rps boring af. Like there's rarely much compelling conflict in a slice-of-life rp and I love creating powers/rules/species etc. Also, I'm a giant fantasy-loving geek

These past few months my characters tend to be the bubbly energetic type. I find them easier to play, and match better with my not-so-serious writing style. Even though I'm an edgelord in real life, eh, but maybe it's because I'm edgy in real life so I don't want to be like that in roleplay.

Curly hair. I'm an artist and I love painting and drawing curly or wavy hair so I tend to give most of my characters amazing fluffy hair just so I can draw it later on.

I love to do deep dives into researching my roleplays and I often make my characters have occupations that highlights the things I’m most interested in talking about in the setting.

So like currently I’m on a kick using artist characters because I think it’s a great way to incorporate my tendency to wax poetic about the setting of my roleplays.

Previously I was on a farmer kick because I find it interesting to incorporate magical animals into roleplays and farming is an organic way to nerd out about the critters.

I also like to read and take elements from books and put them into roleplays.

Last edited:
I'm an edgelord in real life
The self-awareness is top-notch.
I love to do deep dives into researching my roleplays and I often make my characters have occupations that highlights the thinks I’m most interested in talking about in the setting.

So like currently I’m on a kick using artist characters because I think it’s a great way to incorporate my tendency to wax poetic about the setting of my roleplays.

Previously I was on a farmer kick because I find it interesting to incorporate magical animals into roleplays and farming is an organic way to nerd out about the critters.

I also like to read and take elements from books and put them into roleplays.
That's a pretty clever way to approach characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back