Advice/Help What do you do when you want to be part of a specific type of RP but they're all full and you don't want to make one and be in charge?

I’m someone who used to organise and run lots of hot chats on Amino, so I personally don’t mind running chats. However, there have certainly been times where I just really don’t want to be in charge Right Now and just have fun.

I’ve also been in situations where I’ve wanted to do a certain plot, but they’re fall/already begun and the owner isn’t interested in setting up a new chat.

In those cases, I DM the owner of the roleplay and ask if they would mind if I started a chat of a similar type/plot. If they’re okay with it, I go ahead and set it up.

If I don’t want to run the chat, then I’ll pass it down to someone else before the roleplay starts. I might put “looking for new owner” in the title, make a post calling for someone to take my place, or ask someone who joined if they want to take over.

Hope this helps!

Well, the first I do is identify the core of what I want. This is important in deciding how to move forward, because maybe I don't need a whole roleplay centered on this or that and I'd be happy just making a certain character. Even if I do want a roleplay on a certain theme, breaking it down to the core can really expand my horizons in what kind of roleplay could work in that regard, which is useful for someone as picky as I am in terms of roleplay logistics.

Beyond that, there are three possibilties:
1. Use one of the alternatives I've talked about above.

2. Create a 1x1 instead.

3. Just wait.

This is of course with the premise here of the previous RP not accepting new players and one refusing to GM.

As a final note, one should also take care to not fall into the hype pitfall. It's easy to really crave something for a while after consuming media one enjoys, only to find that interest waning not a few weeks after.

Thanks guys. You've made some good points. I might just keep an eye out for similar interest checks for now and see what happens. I'm still open to any advice, though. Just in case there's anything else I'm missing that my half-asleep brain isn't thinking of right now.

i was on here to pokemon rp but i cant find new ones and I don't think I have what it takes to make one

Dead man's boots. The only way is to locate one of the existing players and assassinate them, but make sure you have first cosied up to the GM so that you will definitely be the replacement.

Or just express interest to the GM and wait. Most RPs have an insane drop-out rate.

One more question. (I make no promises of it being the last.) Is there somewhere on this site that I can go to recruit GMs or Co-GMs to help come up with a plotline before recruiting other players?

One more question. (I make no promises of it being the last.) Is there somewhere on this site that I can go to recruit GMs or Co-GMs to help come up with a plotline before recruiting other players?

I mean you can do it here on the discussion forums if you want people for discussion. If it’s to actually helm the roleplay, I’ve seen it done on the recruitment forums. So it’d be a different place for those two things.

grp interest check (Group Interest Checks), know it is not as common a request . . . but I am certain some people will totally bite!

Last edited:
Dead man's boots. The only way is to locate one of the existing players and assassinate them, but make sure you have first cosied up to the GM so that you will definitely be the replacement.

Or just express interest to the GM and wait. Most RPs have an insane drop-out rate.
I was going to say this. The second part. Not the part about assassinating another player. Though that's always an option.

Let the GM know that you're interested and that you'd be eager to hop in next time there's opening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back