Advice/Help What do I do if a partner takes too long to respond? (subjectively speaking)

Vibe_Lad

gone
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I've been digging into some heavy SCI-FI RP scenarios with a couple users.

2 users messaged back consistently.

Then both users we're missing in action one FULL day.

I already bumped my SCI-FI thread in the 1x1 room. But no new callers.
The 1x1 thread isn't really into non franchise Sci-Fi rp.
I know, as I browsed it in the meantime and handed out my thread.

What should I do? Is the silence normal and I should just dig on?

Uhm.... It's a day. People have lives, sometimes things happen. In fact it's extremely likely that things happen because virtually everyone has stuff that happens, not catastrophic stuff necessarily, but anything from being unexpectedly busy to having an argument and not being in the mood to talk. Or getting into a game and getting kind of distracted. Or going on a quick trip somewhere.

For now there is nothing to worry about. If it's really only been like a day or two, to put it bluntly, it's an overreaction to be worried about it.

Yeah I think something that might help is asking your partner what their availability is outright.

I work Mon-Friday for instance. Some people attend school or have mental health concerns that means they might be unavailable from time to time.

Heck maybe they just had to run errands and didn’t think it was a significant enough for you to know about.

Especially if it’s been less then a week since you started talking, then you probably just hit the point in the week were they are handling real life shit.

So I would just wait for them to come back and ask them to give a specific time they might be unavailable.

But also understand sometimes random things happen (they get food poisoning, the power goes out due to a storm, they loose their phone, they have a depressive episode, their grandma dies, etc. ).

Posting times are different from partner to partner. You may expect daily replies from your RP, but the last reply to mine was almost 2 weeks ago. Every RP has a different normal.

Not necessarily. I can’t speak for Daisie but most people I talk to have jobs or go to school. So that usually takes up a majority of their time.

If you are able to be online all day that’s actually really rare. At least for more then maybe one or two days a week.

Which is how you get people who only reply once or twice a week. They’re usually replying on their days off from work or school.

I will say if you feel lonely I would recommend playing online games. There tons of them that are designed to be time wasters that should help.

Or if you like more pop culture stuff I listen to podcasts, watch reaction videos, or just watch tV/read. It’s a nice way to get new ideas for roleplays and feel like your a part of a community.

Or if you like more pop culture stuff I listen to podcasts, watch reaction videos, or just watch tV/read. It’s a nice way to get new ideas for roleplays and feel like your a part of a community.

My media tastes lie more in rewatchable (and always somehow available) South Park, It's always sunny in Philladelphia, true crime documentaries and Sci-fi movies like Alien, 5th element, 2001 a space odyssey and random long winded youtube interrogation analysis videos.

I don't plan on changing that, but I may watch what you listed sometime in the future when I run out of good stuff to watch,

I will say if you feel lonely I would recommend playing online games. There tons of them that are designed to be time wasters that should help.
I am an ex-hardstuck silver recovering League of Legends addict.
To remedy my league of legends withdrawal symptoms, I started playing games like papers please, brutal doom mods and RimWorld.

Been nurturing my RimWorld colony for two irl months now.
My jobs keeping me distracted for now. But it tend to get boring at times.

My last online games were Tf2 and Verdun ww1 sim.

I'm unsure of what online games to play that are a bit more.... text adventure oriented.

My main point is you need to find something other then roleplay to fill your free time. It doesn’t have to be anything specific it just needs to be something that keeps you busy.

Because right now you are waaaaay to invested in getting quick responses in roleplays and that’s gonna scare people off.

No one likes to feel like their being pressured to reply when their busy. I’m not saying that’s your intention but it’s a pretty big problem in roleplaying and you could inadvertently be giving people the wrong impression.

I myself have to tell my partners multiple times I don’t care how long they take because their so used to being yelled at for not replying on a schedule.

So if post replies make you uneasy you should probably have some kind of distraction in place so you don’t accidentally overwhelm your partners.

2 whooole weeks???

Damn, don't you get lonely or something?
I mean, usually I either don't RP, or I am online for the vast majority of the day talking about RPs.

You must have multiple groups or something to kill the time, right?
Nope! I distribute my time fairly evenly between art, writing, school, family time, and chatting with friends. I keep a well balanced life for this reason specifically.

I recommend taking a read of this reply I made in another thread.

Edit: in fact, right after finishing this, I'm heading out the door to visit my neighbor. Cya around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back