Experiences What did you first start to rp?

I have been roleplaying for 17 years, I started on Neopets and was huge into wolf roleplaying; which boards were over loaded with at that time.
To this day I prefer playing animals over people, but it seems that the genre has more or less died unless it’s a Warriors roleplay

Like many people from the early to mid 2000s I started roleplaying Warrior Cats. Had never even picked up the books, someone just kinda introduced me to the concept and that's where I got started.

Oh, big yikes. I started RPing when I was about 10 or so? It was a Doctor Who/Supernatural crossover RP, and I used my own OCs. That was way before I knew how to properly make an OC or even write well. I cringe just looking back on it. Dark times..

I have been roleplaying for 17 years, I started on Neopets and was huge into wolf roleplaying; which boards were over loaded with at that time.
To this day I prefer playing animals over people, but it seems that the genre has more or less died unless it’s a Warriors roleplay

I’ll do animals although usually with a fantasy twist.

That said I started out on chickensmoothie with a dragon rider roleplay OR a vampire school roleplay.

I started roleplaying when I was 9-10ish. I did minecraft roleplays of Aphmau. It was extremely cringy. I got into alot of drama, but looking back it kinda started to build me into the person I am.

My first ever RP was in my late teens. 17, 18 years old. I participated in a Naruto RP on a forum that was dedicated entirely to the Naruto anime/manga. My roleplaying abilities were garbage back then! lol Those were good times, though.

I started when I was 7 or 8. I aspired to reach the highest possible rank in Habbo agencies (I liked getting promoted) and I made a talking wolf character in a superpower thread in an old site. Good times.

I properly started roleplaying onnn the Moshi Monsters forum of all things, when I was maybe 9? There was a section specifically for roleplaying. If anyone was on RES I probably still remember you lol
A lot of the rps there were fandom based but I was kinda too nervous to join those so I did original ones, they were usually pretty uninspired ones, like highschool ones.. vampire ones.. But I remember there was one we did that was like a fantasy adventure type one, it was s o c o o l and I'm forever sad that it stopped

I started in 2011, when I found a low-fantasy Play By Forum nation game set in fictional Early Medieval Period. Game still exists - it have been rebooted several times with new rules and GMs but still works.

I started in 2015, I believe. It was on a forum known as the Minecraft forum, in the forum games section. Good times.

Despite all the times I've mentioned it in other threads, Roblox wasn't my first roleplaying forum. That honor goes to the MonkeyQuest forums when I was like 8/9. Someone opened a roleplay where you'd play as a slightly fictionalized version of your in-game character, and little ol' me was interested. I was wayyyy too overpowered and definitely strayed into Sue territory. That didn't stop me from joining other roleplay/story things. Hell, at one point my in-game character was basically the main character of someone's story thing.

None of this got documented on Wayback, thank god. I would actually die if someone saw the laundry list of powers I gave that first roleplay's version of my in-game monkey.

Edit:

Actually no, that honor would actually go to Pixie Hollow Online when I was about 5/6/7. I did some high school and family roleplaying and was seriously cringy. I remember giggling my little ass off because I typed "throws couch out window" in all caps and told guys that a girl was crushing on them.

That game was such a huge part of my childhood, and yet I totally forgot about that.

Despite all the times I've mentioned it in other threads, Roblox wasn't my first roleplaying forum. That honor goes to the MonkeyQuest forums when I was like 8/9. Someone opened a roleplay where you'd play as a slightly fictionalized version of your in-game character, and little ol' me was interested. I was wayyyy too overpowered and definitely strayed into Sue territory. That didn't stop me from joining other roleplay/story things. Hell, at one point my in-game character was basically the main character of someone's story thing.

None of this got documented on Wayback, thank god. I would actually die if someone saw the laundry list of powers I gave that first roleplay's version of my in-game monkey.

Edit:

Actually no, that honor would actually go to Pixie Hollow Online when I was about 5/6/7. I did some high school and family roleplaying and was seriously cringy. I remember giggling my little ass off because I typed "throws couch out window" in all caps and told guys that a girl was crushing on them.

That game was such a huge part of my childhood, and yet I totally forgot about that.
Man... kids are cringey, but I kinda miss that, ya know? We were cringey since we didn't have a concept of decent writing, and it was excusable because... obviously, we were kids.
Now that we're older everything just feels a bit duller. Kinda sad.
Your early RPing experiences sound pretty cute and funny haha

Man... kids are cringey, but I kinda miss that, ya know? We were cringey since we didn't have a concept of decent writing, and it was excusable because... obviously, we were kids.
Now that we're older everything just feels a bit duller. Kinda sad.
Your early RPing experiences sound pretty cute and funny haha

Well cute I don't know about, I remember throwing a hissy fit when I was called out on my BS on the MonkeyQuest forums. But I will admit the throwing furniture out the window bit I can't think about without laughing a little.

Back then, the settings were pretty strict. No one is allowed to create their own factions within the lore, any creation of factions must go through loremasters for approval. The story is written by the game master, the game master doesn't usually join in the roleplay but he appoints veteran roleplayers or loremasters to be faction leaders and etc. The normal roleplayers were allowed to create their own story throughout the given settings, and have fun technically. It was a sci-fi and realistic modern world after a nuclear warfare between the United States, Europe, Russia and China. It taught me how to roleplay properly by meeting talented roleplayers and individuals. << Keeping it short, simple and literate because many memories were made, happiness and painful ones.

I had some humble, cringey, starts when msn had groups before all the craziness went down. The roleplay was a group thread with two of my friends where we would take breaks but come back to it. I also at the time got roped into a Kingdom Hearts fandom whatever by some girl that was leaving for a while but wanted me to, mind you I didn't even know her. She was roleplaying with one of my friends, play Axel.

I was about 10. I played Marapets and found the Roleplaying forum. I already liked writing but the cringe was real. It was a wolf rp, where we all played in a wolf pack. My writing was a little like this;
"she......looked over at the other wolf.....and cuddled her..... "wow i'm super sad" ......"

Someone finally taught me to stop using periods as an afterthought. bahahahaha

I think I was 10-11 and it's was on the forums of Ponyisland. After that I got into other animal rp sites and naruto stuff.

“Sup girl/boy”

Joking....thinking about it I don’t know or remember my first rp opening probably a teen romance thing with sailor moon lol

gonna go way back to before i was a part of forum roleplays; i had to be 7/8 around this time, so all of this is completely stupid.

i used to do these dumb high school roleplays when i was about 7/8 on club penguin; it'd always be in the ice rink area. i remember everyone would always make descriptions of opening their lockers like "opens giant golden, diamond-coated locker" because they wanted to be a super rich cool kid. i tried to outdo everyone by getting there via a flying golden limo because i meant business and would not let anyone outdo me. i'd also have ridiculous actions like having my cheerleader character do 100 backflips in one leap. that, or i'd pretend to be a poor kid because i thought that would make me unique.

when the high school roleplayers weren't around [since it was like a 50/50 chance of actually seeing them], i'd usually go to people's igloos and stuff for parties and roleplay there; i also liked making my own igloo specificall for high school or kingdom-themed roleplays since those were my favorites.

i'd also do the thing where you go adopt kids and whatnot, i remember i thought i was the cutest/prettiest around. i actually insulted someone who said she was the cutest by telling her that she looked like a barbie doll dipped in barf, since i could not stand the idea of anyone being cuter than me. very nice of little me, i know.

tldr because i went on for too long; 7 year old me was a super-serious club penguin roleplayer that wanted to crush the competition.

I'm sorry but this had me in stitches because it hit so close to home. Just insert Neopets and I would think you're talking about me.

I started roleplaying when I was eleven, on a Pokemon fansite. It was. . . really bad, as you can guess. I'd hated writing up until that point, I didn't quite get the idea that RPs needed a plot, and I was kind of a whiny kid. I don't know how long it took me to get in a RP that lasted more than two pages.

Just curious :) I started to rp when I was 9 and it's was, yes, Hetalia. I know. I cringe looking back at those times 10 years later haha. But! What about the rest of you?

Haha hey I also started out by roleplaying Hetalia when I was about 12. My friend and I had a whole series about us dating two Hetalia characters. His ship was him and his Hetalia OC Antarctica while I was shipped with Russia. It was an interesting dynamic. And we pretty much wrote a whole adventure about Antarctica and Russia going missing and us having to find them. This rp went from Summer 2012 to summer 2014. It was beautiful.

I also did another Hetalia RP with my best friend and that lasted from 2013 until late 2017 almost early 2018 because hey,it actually got really good,and we even wrote fanfics(handwritten and boxed up in my room sorry), that improved with time.

I know my RP style was terrible but hey I was having fun and little did I know that in 2019, I'd be writing my own fiction and working on a college degree in English prose and literature. (Obviously I've been writing all my life, writing silly stories about dragons and stuff as a kid, but roleplaying has helped me with my writing a lot too. ) But don't worry I still cringe whenever I hear my friend who got me into roleplaying and Hetalia jokes about the pudding incident from the first RP haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back