Advice/Help what can i do?

u s a k o

new americana
i'm so beyond frustrated.

about a month ago, this person i met on rpnation and i were going to roleplay. they ghosted after i sent my oc, and i hadn't heard from them again.
then, they made a new account and reached out to me to rp, and i didn't know they were the previous account, so i had said yes. they sent me an
exact copy of the original oc i sent them on the previous account, except the name was changed. so, i of course confronted them about the plagiarism,
and she had explained that she was dealing with mental health struggles and found my character to be a comfort.

she then disclosed some concerning things to me going on in her life that made me worried about her, but even so, she ghosted again. and now, she's
made a new account, and guess what? she's still using this oc, and i have messaged her begging her to stop using this character, to no avail.
i'm not sure what to do at this point. i'm so upset, because this is my favorite oc and my comfort character. she's helped ME through my mental health
struggles that i am still going through, so it's frustrating to see this person use their mental health as a reasoning for plagiarism.

i'm honestly at a loss of what to do, i feel like they're going to keep using my oc and making new identities constantly, and that thought alone
is enough to make me want to stop rping. i could use some advice or comforting words, thank you.

What the...

Alright, I've stopped posting regularly in the discussion parts of this site, and don't mind lurking and just posting in my two RP's... But... like...

Wow.

Wow.

I'm speechless and this was enough to break me out of my shell.

First, I would gather up all the screenshots you possibly can about all of this person's accounts and the original CS you sent to their original account (as proof it was yours in the first place, not that I don't believe you but the more screenshots you have the better).

Then, once I had all those screenshots all ready to present I would 100% SEND IT TO AN RPN MOD IMMEDIATELY.

It's regrettable that this person is going through what they're going through, but when in the world has stealing someone's OC been a form of therapy?!

This situation is beyond ridiculous, and whatever they're doing needs to STOP. This person needs to find comfort IN A THERAPIST, A TRAUMA THERAPIST if it's that bad, and possibly a suicide hotline... Not in someone else's character (Due to propriety, I won't say anything more on my opinion on them as a writer if they can't even make their own character to comfort them aside from its not good). And this is all giving them the benefit of the doubt they aren't just lying and full of it (and I woulda used a stronger word too, but, again, propriety).

RPN is a lot of things.. But what I SUREFIRE know it ISN'T is a place for troubled people to just plagiarize and steal other people's creations.

Thats not what this site is about.

This is NOT what D.Wiz pictured when he created this site as a place to get away from life's troubles.

Please, talk to a moderator ASAP and if you need help getting links to suicide hotlines I will more than happily help you to provide those resources for them.

They need therapy, not a character they didn't even create.

Speaking bluntly, mental health issues are no excuse for stealing someone else's work.

I agree with Minako 100%. Report this to an RPN mod as soon as possible if you haven't already. Also, request the mods to keep an eye out for the use of that OC character and immediately ban any new "users" who are using it.

Also, if they reach out again you should put them immediately on your "Ignore" list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back