Other What are your plans for the Summer?

spongiecake

Seek to be worth knowing rather than well known
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Summer is right around the corner for me! I always love to hear what people are planning on doing now that they have a bit of free time from school.

What are your plans?~ ☆

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

IMG_5647.jpeg

I won't have free time, but summer is still special compared to the rest of the year because of good weather! I have plans for going to cosplay events and playing concerts. Already have 2 concerts scheduled... and might have more later. People are more likely to go to such events in summer :)

I won't have free time, but summer is still special compared to the rest of the year because of good weather! I have plans for going to cosplay events and playing concerts. Already have 2 concerts scheduled... and might have more later. People are more likely to go to such events in summer :)
Cosplay Events? That sounds awesome! I've always wanted to go to one- but I'd feel shy going alone haha

The only thing that's remotely similar (that I'm attending) is Comicon!

Concerts are fun too! I'm going to one in July. They're so much fun!!

For me I'm doing a part time program to help classify documents from medieval Spain. And when I'm free my friends and I are going to be exploring random parks and beaches and whatnot! And I'm also applying to colleges to finally transfer for next year! Woohoo!

For me I'm doing a part time program to help classify documents from medieval Spain. And when I'm free my friends and I are going to be exploring random parks and beaches and whatnot! And I'm also applying to colleges to finally transfer for next year! Woohoo!
Documents from Medieval Spain?? Dude that sounds so cool!!

Working.

I have plans to go camping with some friends in July (one of them is even flying over internationally for it!), so I'm pretty excited about that, but aside from that, it'll mostly be about getting my life in order. I just went through a pretty big move, so I need to sort some information regarding residency and the like so I can attend college locally in the fall, not to mention work on actually getting my license too. Oh, also! Pride events! I'm so excited to live near a city this year for it! We already have plans to attend Philly Pride this weekend (me, my sister, and several of our local friends), so that's going to be awesome! I already grabbed tons of clothing for the occasion too!

Working.

I have plans to go camping with some friends in July (one of them is even flying over internationally for it!), so I'm pretty excited about that, but aside from that, it'll mostly be about getting my life in order. I just went through a pretty big move, so I need to sort some information regarding residency and the like so I can attend college locally in the fall, not to mention work on actually getting my license too. Oh, also! Pride events! I'm so excited to live near a city this year for it! We already have plans to attend Philly Pride this weekend (me, my sister, and several of our local friends), so that's going to be awesome! I already grabbed tons of clothing for the occasion too!
wow! that all sounds like lots of fun! hope you have the best time C:

camping is always fun. i haven’t gone in years but the last time i went, we had to shower outside and the whole site was covered with bees.

wow! that all sounds like lots of fun! hope you have the best time C:

camping is always fun. i haven’t gone in years but the last time i went, we had to shower outside and the whole site was covered with bees.
Thank you!

I haven't been since I was a kid and last time I went, everyone got infected with ticks and berry bugs. I'm terrified about that, I won't lie, but the pros outweigh the cons for me.

Thank you!

I haven't been since I was a kid and last time I went, everyone got infected with ticks and berry bugs. I'm terrified about that, I won't lie, but the pros outweigh the cons for me.
berry bugs?? never heard of those but i don’t wanna haha

i feel like everyone has a remotely bad camping memory

this time will be great for you tho!

berry bugs?? never heard of those but i don’t wanna haha

i feel like everyone has a remotely bad camping memory

this time will be great for you tho!
They're common in the Pine Barrens where they're often called "chiggers". I believe that they're more officially called berry bugs though. They're like ticks, but spread quicker and are itchier.

They're common in the Pine Barrens where they're often called "chiggers". I believe that they're more officially called berry bugs though. They're like ticks, but spread quicker and are itchier.
yeesh! that sounds worse than what we had.

the campsite that we rented out had fire almost ants everywhere so we had to circle all our belongings with baby-powder to keep them away

yeesh! that sounds worse than what we had.

the campsite that we rented out had fire almost ants everywhere so we had to circle all our belongings with baby-powder to keep them away
That sounds like a nightmare too. Gotta love the great outdoors. Thankfully, we're going camping in cabins, so hopefully that'll help.

cabins are honestly so much better!! that sounds like lots of fun!

I might go up to a house that my distant family is renting for the summer. Camping is too stressful and messy haha

i'll be at comic-con too!!

hope you have a great time! have you gone before? this will be my first year there.
I have! I hope you have a great time as well!

My best advice is pick your battles, you won't be able to get to absolutely everything depending what's important to you. Also, the different panel rooms (Hall H, Ballroom 20, etc) have twitters that will update line statuses about the wait times!

I have! I hope you have a great time as well!

My best advice is pick your battles, you won't be able to get to absolutely everything depending what's important to you. Also, the different panel rooms (Hall H, Ballroom 20, etc) have twitters that will update line statuses about the wait times!
oh, that's good to know!! thank you! i'm so excited tho C:

it's going to be overwhelming with so much to see

Work. Lol.

Sadly, working IT at a university, there is no "summer." We work year-round.

Other than that, just trying to relax as much as I can and enjoy my hobbies and passions in the time I have once work is over (and on weekends).

In between working weekends - I'm hoping to go on my first backpacking adventure in the mountains!

If I'm lucky, I'll have a Springer Spaniel soon to join me on my adventures (:

I have been crocheting my fingers to the bone.

I am making inventory of crochet roses and toys (teddy bears and other stuffed animals).

I will be going to a craft fair a friend of mine hosts on July 15th, so I need as much inventory to sell as I can!

I don’t know what my summer plans are. I have an upcoming wedding in July maybe vacation though it’s up in the air. I’m hoping to go to Comic Con this year.

Work. Lol.

Sadly, working IT at a university, there is no "summer." We work year-round.

Other than that, just trying to relax as much as I can and enjoy my hobbies and passions in the time I have once work is over (and on weekends).
i feel that on another level

get some rest when you can of course! : )

In between working weekends - I'm hoping to go on my first backpacking adventure in the mountains!

If I'm lucky, I'll have a Springer Spaniel soon to join me on my adventures (:
wow that sounds like so much fun!

how was it? i went to the mountains last week and it was AWESOME to get away from the city

I have been crocheting my fingers to the bone.

I am making inventory of crochet roses and toys (teddy bears and other stuffed animals).

I will be going to a craft fair a friend of mine hosts on July 15th, so I need as much inventory to sell as I can!
that’s so cool! do you have pics? i’d love to see them!

how was the fair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back