Other What are your passions/hobbies? Besides roleplaying of course!

Aside from writing?

I enjoy painting, and playing warhammer 40. It's a game that I've enjoyed for more years than I care to admit, but it has charm and a community that make each game a lot of fun.

Aight, I've got a few:
  • Reading- Any sort of reading will do. 'Cept romance. Other than that, I'm a voracious consumer of fantasy, science fiction, mystery, and adventure literature.
  • Writing- I'm an aspiring author. I mostly write the kind of stuff I like to read.
  • Drawing- Years of practice has made me pretty good with a pencil. I think I'm the best at drawing characters; landscapes are hard for me.
  • Toys- I'm a grown-ass man and unashamed of the fact that I still play with toys. LEGO, Gundam models, action figures, TRANSFORMERS, even the occasional plushie.
  • Video Games- Especially first-person shooters. I'm currently on a Destiny fix, but I play HALO, too.
  • Music- Music is my drug. Modern stuff isn't my cup of tea, but give me some 70s-80s stuff, or crazy instrumentals, and I'm on it like red on a firetruck.
  • Imagining- I like to think I have a pretty healthy imagination. It helps in my writing and drawing.

Turkish, Lebanese, and American Tribal Style Belly Dance, Medieval Fantasy Faires. Between the two they consume a fair amount of my money in costuming.

Tall ships, dead people, ghosts, diesel subs, ancient weaponry, pre-50's fashion, diseases, Hermes, scruffy rogues, and horror movies.

I play soccer year around. It's one of my hobbies that I thank for not turning into a hermit. Either though I occasionally wish for that to happen to me so I can finish projects for a change.

My weekend nights are dedicated to console gaming. Overwatch and Fortnite players, hit me up.

Believe it or not, I am involved in both sides of the spectrum; I browse fashion inspiration a lot. Most clothing goes into the nonexistent checkout process of tears and debt.

Yeah, that's about it.

I really dont have hobbies outside RPs. Character building and world building are my only true passions. I fancy myself a writer, but I don't do any actual writing. My characters and worlds take up like 99% of my thoughts.

I’m an outdoorsman. I love fishing, hunting, hiking, riding quads (and with that mudding with them, attempting to drive through snow with them,quad sled), ride horses, stuff like that.

I’d say by far my biggest hobby/passion definitely involves firearms. I actually just bought my newest one, a Henry Golden Boy in .22 WMR. But anyways, I love shooting. It’s one of my favorite things to do. Whenever I can get outside and set a couple targets up and send lead down range, it’s pretty fun. Personally though, I like skilled shots. So I like to shoot from longer distances because of the challenge.

Besides that, I do also love/hate politics. I like to understand points of view different from my own. However, in the current political climate, it’s... eh. I find myself keeping my mouth shut most of the time for the sake of not letting things get heated or anything. You lose friends over politics, unfortunately.

I love to rhyme to pass my time
Making and throwing boomerangs is also fine
A hobby of mine
I enjoy music mostly YouTube rap is my jam
Fallout and for honor are games which I give a damn
I enjoy being vague sarcastic and clever,
Trolling in real life is so much better
A stupid answer for a stupid question
Is a simple pleasure of mine I reckon

Firefighting. I'm a firefighter by trade, and I have to be honest it is entirely and 100% the first and only true love of my life. The adrenaline rush, the knowing that any moment on a call could be my last, or that I might be the only person there to hear the final words of someone who just got the shit end of the stick. I don't know. It's eye-opening.

Other than that, I guess it'd have to be League of Legends.

Henry's are ridiculously overpriced, but almost beautiful enough to make them worth the money.
I originally didn’t want a Henry, and wanted a Marlin (because I like loading gates over Henry’s method of loading), but the place only had Marlin’s in .45-70. And I don’t have the money to buy .45-70 ammo. So I went with a Henry instead in .22 Mag. The ammo is so cheap

I mean, my Golden Boy was $500. I didn’t feel it was too overpriced. But it could have been a little cheaper in my opinion. But like you said, they sure are beautiful..

Due to the lack of a proper functioning computer a lot of my hobbies have been set aside for the time being, tho I would love to indulge in them again:
  • I am really passionate about puzzle games, this goes from minimalistic ones to things with cool graphics such as Portal or Antichamber, paper or computer. There's a thrill in solving something even as simple as a sudoku that I just can't describe!
  • I'm really into rhythm games as well, specially Osu!, Stepmania, Audiosuft and the Project Diva series. I also like horror games. I've had Amnesia for a really long time but the computer can't stand it TT.TT
  • Drawing: Primarily paper sketches that I've been trying to being more and more to the computer, been lacking motivation lately tho so I've been doing more of its less time consuming cousin: Image editing!
  • I don't normally edit images for myself, but more to help other people with their RP needs, often friends.
  • 3D Animation: I used to mess with this program called 'Miku Miku Dance' and including made a couple animations (not that great tho) for school projects. Then I never had a computer strong enough to get back at the animation part so I used it for pictures! Now I can barely use my favorite shaders together without getting lag QAQ
  • Alongside MMD I also used 3D Custom Girl for posing. I am aware it is an eroge but I stay away from that part of it completely. Not my thing.
  • MMD also got me into the world of 3D model rigging, due to a PMD Editor program. I had a really great time fixing other people's edits, specially the physics part!
  • Then other things came up also due to MMD. I tried Metasequoia out for modelling objects and AviUtl (a japanese program) for video editing, but I didn't go too far with these because my good computer died.
  • Because of my love for vocaloid, I started messing with UTAU (basically a make your own vocaloid freeware, but not exactly the same thing), Audacity and other music related programs. (One of them was the trial for Fruity Loops Studio) I wanted and still want to be an UTAU producer and some point, but I would need to re-record the voice samples and all that. Currently, I don't even have a good mic for such a task ^^'
There are probably more things, like, I wanted to try out, like java programming because of my love for Shimeji (the desktop pets) and a little music player called 'flele'... BUT I think those things in the list are the big ones I really miss doing ^^
These days, since my options have become so restrained because the machine is too weak, I've been getting really bored >~<

Last edited:
Writing is a hobby of mine, and so is drawing. I mostly draw my OCs and whatnot, though I've been slowly trying to ease myself into making fanart. I read too...whenever I have legit novels to read.
I also play a few video games though I lack consoles- the only legitimate gaming thing I have is my PC.
I particularly enjoy rhythm games, especially Osu. I play Asphalt 8: Airborne on the PC, though the "Failed to connect to server" error has been putting me off of multiplayer for a while. A few mobile games too- ranging from relaxing ones like Zen Koi 2, hilarious ones like Hungry Dragon and MMORPGs like God Eater Online and Aurcus Online (swore off Avabel due to the file size).

Only thing keeping me from looking like a total nerd is that I play guitar. Acoustic, mostly, but my dad and my friend have both been trying to get me to play electric. Wouldn't say I'm the best, but my goal now is to take my friend's place as lead guitar in our music recital since he said he wants to play keyboard instead.

Well, I read. Not a lot and most of them are non-fiction.

I'm still unemployed so I'm mainly sharpening some of my skills while my applications get processed (and ultimately, rejected jk). I do some photography on occasion. I'm not too good at it yet but I like to think I am at least slightly above average.

I also draw though studying under Industrial Design means I haven't been drawing too much creative stuff nowadays so I'm very rusty. Plus, I don't have either the right education nor the innate talent for it. Borrowed a drawing tablet though and have just started practicing. I can however, do some decent technical drawings of stuff. Also engaged in a bit of 3D modelling in Fusion360 for my thesis and it was quite fun and I may have to pick it up again sometimes. Rendering things is still a bitch for me to do though.

If there is something I can take pride in, it's my model-making skills. I make model kits in my spare time. (Mostly Gundam models and some Kotobukiya kits) I've got a lot of stuff in my backlog that I've been putting off since there's some ideas I want to try in the future. (I'm no expert though, not like the guys who compete in GBWC) On the other hand, I also love making sketch or structural models for project presentations and can spend a lot of days working out the intricate details on each. Made a life-sized crocodile puppet for a play, a small toy set, a miniature house, some stroller models and a bunch of other cool stuff.

I also like cooking, especially when working under a tight budget. I mainly learn stuff from my dad or my grandpa so our cooking is very well, "homey". I have a cousin who cooks as well and we constantly swap recipes.

I read, pretty much anything but romance novels.

I write...novels, short stories, poetry.

I love video games. Got five different systems (PS2, PS3, a shot PS4 thanks to that Assassin's Creed: Origins game, Nintendo 64, Nintendo 3DS). Reason for this is I have games on certain systems and need those systems. Nintendo 64 only has Pokemon Stadium which I could never beat. Nintendo 3DS has Legend of Korra, Omega Ruby, Pokemon X, Pokemon Black, Ultra Sun, Pokemon Moon. PS2 has Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban, a soccer game, the three Avatar the last airbender games, a Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring, Medal of Honor Rising Sun and Medal of Honor Frontline (which I have yet to beat either of those). PS3 has Gods of War 3, Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian, a Sims 3 game, Sega Genesis collection, Rachet and Clark 4Ever, Lord of the Rings War of the North. PS4 has Assassins Creed Origins which fucked my PS4 up with that stupid version 5 update, Vikings, Assassins Creed Syndicate, The Last Guardian, Star Wars Battlefront (a disappointment in my opinion), Call of Duty Infinite Warfare.

Last edited:
I cook, I'm always trying new recipes and experimenting with mundane foods.
I hike, I live close to the mountains so there are plenty of great trails, including the AT.
I read, anything I can get my hands on. Really. There are only two genres I refuse to touch, both of them rampant in YA literature (most of which is trash anyway).
I'm also a horn player and I like video games, (console because I lack a PC) but I hardly have time for either this year.

I've been bingeplaying KSP in an attempt to get to the moon.

NOTHING

WORKS

I originally didn’t want a Henry, and wanted a Marlin (because I like loading gates over Henry’s method of loading), but the place only had Marlin’s in .45-70. And I don’t have the money to buy .45-70 ammo. So I went with a Henry instead in .22 Mag. The ammo is so cheap

I mean, my Golden Boy was $500. I didn’t feel it was too overpriced. But it could have been a little cheaper in my opinion. But like you said, they sure are beautiful..

That's the cheapest Henry I've ever seen, honestly. I have a Marlin .22, passed down from my grandfather's father. He bought it brand new in the early 1950s. I have a ton of other guns too...I'm a redneck from the South. Guns are my passion. I'm glad to know you're happy with your Henry, they're probably the most gorgeously designed gun on the market. If I got one, though, it'd have to be the high end ones. With the engraving on the gold plating all being done by hand.

That's the cheapest Henry I've ever seen, honestly. I have a Marlin .22, passed down from my grandfather's father. He bought it brand new in the early 1950s. I have a ton of other guns too...I'm a redneck from the South. Guns are my passion. I'm glad to know you're happy with your Henry, they're probably the most gorgeously designed gun on the market. If I got one, though, it'd have to be the high end ones. With the engraving on the gold plating all being done by hand.
The high end ones are absolutely gorgeous with engravings. I was looking at two that came in a set, and the engravings were beautiful. I thought at first you could buy them separately. But you couldn’t, unfortunately. I’m a broke college kid at this point. And I’ll be in a hell of a lot of debt once med school comes around.

I own four guns currently. I’ve got a 91/30 Mosin from ‘39, a Page and Lewis Reliance Model D .22 LR single shot rifle from probably around the 1910-1920, a Smith & Wesson M&P-15 Sport II, and now the Henry Golden Boy in .22 Mag.

What’s funny is that no one in my family owns guns. Some don’t mind them, but my parents aren’t too fond of them. They not anti-gun, but they just aren’t a fan of them. But I certainly am. They’re fine with that. But living in the great state of New Jersey, not many people like guns here. But this state’s a shithole, so oh well. I’m heading down South or out West when I can. I’ll probably end up in either West Virginia, Montana or Idaho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back