Other What are your passions/hobbies? Besides roleplaying of course!

Seahomie

100% Pure Star Dust
Hey everyone! In an attempt to broaden my activities from scrolling through social media and reading, I'm curious to know what many others on this site do to relax/have fun.
These can be:
-Activities you're good at
-Subjects you're interested in (and why)
-Research you've done
-And many many many!

To start this off, I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm a real astronomy/chemistry buff. I love the cosmos and have done quite a lot to study it (currently the focal point of my college career). Chemistry is just fucking cool, man. I love to think about the way things react and the byproducts it produces.
Biology is pretty rad too, but I'm more for evolution and genetics than cell functionality and purpose. Although, it all ties in together nicely, but you know what I mean.

What about you? I look forward to reading responses!

-A

I like playing soccer, hiking, riding horses, reading philosophy, and arguing about everything.

And Vidya games that involve bringing the entire world under the iron rule of the HRE.

Writing, drawing, conversing, communicating, and being a grumpy old Legends fan and hating Disney canon

Back in my day, kylo had a purple lightsaber, too, and he was a lot cooler!

Writing, drawing, conversing, communicating, and being a grumpy old Legends fan and hating Disney canon

Back in my day, kylo had a purple lightsaber, too, and he was a lot cooler!
You dare speak the foul name of Disney here? You will summon their evil agents and bring doom to us all.

B63E4741DE9A4E4ECF25D37FBCD12A8696F686CB

I'm one of those few who enjoy my line of work. It includes several different subjects and approaches that I find interesting. I'd say that it's a hobby of mine, as well. I'll gladly do some extra things at home without compensation, so that my actual performance at work will be better.

I am passionate about my archery hobby when I find time away from RP and League. I am also passionate about creating artworks but not as much as archery. And Especially not League.

Last edited:
I have learnt a little bit of piano, a little bit of pen spinning tricks, a little bit of art and anatomy of humans, a little bit of card shuffling, a little bit of chess, reading literature, drawing comics, rubiks cube and writing stories. So yeah, I'm so bored that I am always looking for new things to do, but sadly I always give up too soon. My passion should be learning new things in this case.

If I'm not roleplaying/writing in some form, I'm either reading, playing video games or learning Scottish Gaelic little by little.

Well I do indulge in reading and other writing. Then there is watching anime, watching YouTube making gifs, occasionally swimming, jogging, playing some video games like shadowverse, hearthstone and Starcraft (and doki doki literature club but that one is a little harder to play multiple times), playing trading card games like magic the gathering, occasionally writing poetry , and I am quite passionate about philosophy and argumenting... I feel like I'm missing some things...

Well, I'm a bit rusty now but I used to do horseback riding and playing the guitar though recently it's gotten a bit harder...

No problem, I can't respond on since I'm new and I can't message anyone yet. But I'll respond to this since I don't wanna be rude. I draw when I have the time, been doing it for the last 3 years. Um, I bike and run if I can, but its not often since I hate exercising lol.

I write stories in my off-time if I'm not tired or working on homework (which sadly those two things end up taking up most of my free time), and I also play video games :D

Wow, for some reason I wasn't receiving notifs for my damned thread... let me respond to every message because fuck all of these are damn cool and i have opinions damn it!

I...I make hats. : |
Oh fuck, really? That's fucking cool! That has to take some serious patience and commitment to actually make hats. During my textile classes I despised dealing with needles and threads, so kudos to you!

I'm one of those few who enjoy my line of work. It includes several different subjects and approaches that I find interesting. I'd say that it's a hobby of mine, as well. I'll gladly do some extra things at home without compensation, so that my actual performance at work will be better.
Really? May I ask what your work is? It sounds complex and intricate and my curiosity has been peaked.

I am passionate about my archery hobby when I find time away from RP and League. I am also passionate about creating artworks but not as much as archery. And Especially not League.
Shit, archery? That's badass! Archery is a really cool sport that takes incredible talent!

I have learnt a little bit of piano, a little bit of pen spinning tricks, a little bit of art and anatomy of humans, a little bit of card shuffling, a little bit of chess, reading literature, drawing comics, rubiks cube and writing stories. So yeah, I'm so bored that I am always looking for new things to do, but sadly I always give up too soon. My passion should be learning new things in this case.
Whoa. You're like a jack of all trades kinda person! Half the things you've listed are all things that I've admired (piano being a major one!) so that's really awesome. And hey, you don't have to become a master at everything, it's impressive you have a list of things you like to do!

If I'm not roleplaying/writing in some form, I'm either reading, playing video games or learning Scottish Gaelic little by little.
Ooh, what's Scottish Gaelic? Like how's it different than just Scottish? Is that ignorant? Fuck it, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to most if not all things.

Video games, soccer, youtube, complaining about stuff are my hobbies
Me me me me me me

Mostly making money
Hopefully it's not by luring people into your home, taking their kidneys (leaving them in an ice bathtub) and selling them ;)

Well I do indulge in reading and other writing. Then there is watching anime, watching YouTube making gifs, occasionally swimming, jogging, playing some video games like shadowverse, hearthstone and Starcraft (and doki doki literature club but that one is a little harder to play multiple times), playing trading card games like magic the gathering, occasionally writing poetry , and I am quite passionate about philosophy and argumenting... I feel like I'm missing some things...

Well, I'm a bit rusty now but I used to do horseback riding and playing the guitar though recently it's gotten a bit harder...
Dude that's friggin' rad! So so many hobbies you put a lazy fuck such as myself to shame! If you ever wanna discuss (or potentiall argue ;) ) about philosophy, I'm your man!

No problem, I can't respond on since I'm new and I can't message anyone yet. But I'll respond to this since I don't wanna be rude. I draw when I have the time, been doing it for the last 3 years. Um, I bike and run if I can, but its not often since I hate exercising lol.
Thanks for the response! It takes quite a bit of talent to draw (spoken from someone who loathes any form of creating art because I have no creative bone in my body) so good on you! And hey, bike riding and running are great, even if done in small doses!

I write stories in my off-time if I'm not tired or working on homework (which sadly those two things end up taking up most of my free time), and I also play video games :D
I can relate to the amount of despondency you have for doing homework and writing... What kinda games do ya' play?

Wow, for some reason I wasn't receiving notifs for my damned thread... let me respond to every message because fuck all of these are damn cool and i have opinions damn it!

Oh fuck, really? That's fucking cool! That has to take some serious patience and commitment to actually make hats. During my textile classes I despised dealing with needles and threads, so kudos to you!

Really? May I ask what your work is? It sounds complex and intricate and my curiosity has been peaked.

Shit, archery? That's badass! Archery is a really cool sport that takes incredible talent!

Whoa. You're like a jack of all trades kinda person! Half the things you've listed are all things that I've admired (piano being a major one!) so that's really awesome. And hey, you don't have to become a master at everything, it's impressive you have a list of things you like to do!

Ooh, what's Scottish Gaelic? Like how's it different than just Scottish? Is that ignorant? Fuck it, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to most if not all things.

Me me me me me me

Hopefully it's not by luring people into your home, taking their kidneys (leaving them in an ice bathtub) and selling them ;)

Dude that's friggin' rad! So so many hobbies you put a lazy fuck such as myself to shame! If you ever wanna discuss (or potentiall argue ;) ) about philosophy, I'm your man!

Thanks for the response! It takes quite a bit of talent to draw (spoken from someone who loathes any form of creating art because I have no creative bone in my body) so good on you! And hey, bike riding and running are great, even if done in small doses!

I can relate to the amount of despondency you have for doing homework and writing... What kinda games do ya' play?
Really? I just find it relaxing and helps me interact with these things called "humans". xD

You could also call it having a short attention span, though I wouldn't be sure if that would be it either. I'd atribute how many hobbies I have to natural curiosity.

And I'm always open for a good debate, hit me up whenever ya feel like it XD

The daily stuff that I enjoy are gaming, watching videos/movies, and illustrating.

Passions that I do have, but I don't practice on often, are karuta and dancing (but I am looking into ballroom especially, and more recently.) Both were introduced to me by anime, though dancing has been with me for awhile now. (Karuta from Chihayafuru, Ballroom Dancing from Ballroom e Youkoso.)

I aim to be game developer/designer. It is a dream of mine that I wish to aim. Trying to understand UNITY right now. Also, I like the subject of Psychology.

Thanks. <3
It helps to have a sewing machine, even though half the time I want to murder the thing, even though it's an inanimate object.

Well, I'm an amateur screenwriter who has gone through... Well... So many phases of special interests, it's not even funny. My current ones include:
  • Classic science fiction: Classic science fiction - especially books and TV shows - centers around social commentary. They offer insight to the human condition and commentate on current events based on how the situation is handled in that setting. I am obsessed with everything about it, and science fiction shows are starting to follow these parameters again. Basically, learning to write in the style and consuming everything that comes my way.
  • Oscar Wilde: DUDE. I will NEVER outgrow Wilde. I'm really fascinated with him as an individual and the story of his life, as well as his written works. I've read The Picture of Dorian Gray and Wilde's courtroom transcripts way too many times to count. I'm also fascinated with Wilde's acquaintanceship with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and how it affected both of their writings.
  • LGBTQ representation: Not a hobby, buy my passion and my purpose. Know the reasons I said I love classic science fiction? Well, I'm utterly empowered by the power television has, especially in terms of normalizing things that were once considered taboo. (It also contributed to normalizing women in the workplace, which is intriguing, because that was completely unintentional. But that's a history lesson for later.) By virtue of fictional media treating social taboos as normal persistently and across genres, the viewer subconsciously starts dropping the notion that the subject is taboo. It's an extension of the Intergroup Contact Theory, and it's intriguing. I love studying the evolution of representation, the psychology of television, and where we need to go from here.
  • Literary analysis: Um... Yeah, I know this is weird. But I like understanding how characters tick, why certain pieces of writing work so well, etc, etc. It helps me improve as a writer, whether it's a book, poem, show, or movie in question. I am currently compiling research on a project on James T. Kirk (Star Trek: The Original Series version, of course) centered on how his brush with genocide and starvation in his youth impacts his command decisions, his ideals, his mental health, his relationship with food, and his interactions with children. It's seriously fascinating, and I'm already planning a paper on Spock and his journey toward self-acceptance and another on the role of Chekov, Sulu, and Uhura in The Original Series. (Yeah... Star Trek is kind of great for this sort of thing.)
So yeah... That's me.

I'm trying to get back into running after a back injury that stopped me for a couple years. I ride horses a lot...i'm on my university's dressage team. I also am a full time college student and always tired @_@

Users who are viewing this thread

Back