TV & Film What are your favorite old Disney/Pixar films?

SugarBiscuit

I WANNA SEE YOU ON THE FLOOR! GIVE ME SOME MORE!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heading back into my old childhood I was often stuck at home for medical reasons, luckily my parents had a VCR back then so I could rewatch the old Disney tapes over and over again. This comes to mind as the newer generations are losing track of the beauty of this past films so I’ll start us off!
I favor Hocus Pocus or even Pinocchio/Brother Bear!

Treasure Planet is awesome 👌
Road to El Dorado (idk if that's either of those studios but still worth mentioning)
Atlantis
Spirit
Brother Bear

I loved and still do love The Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, and The Black Cauldron. As well as all the movies mentioned above.

Brother Bear and Mulan!!! Those were my 2 OGs! I love those films a lot and even if I watch them repeatedly, I won't get tired of it!

The Black Cauldron. It's actually very un-Disney in that they portray a lot of death. I think they like to pretend it never happened. lol
Also, Smeagol/Gollum totally ripped off the voice of the dog character.

I loved and still do love The Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, and The Black Cauldron. As well as all the movies mentioned above.
I like the Sword in the Stone. They portrayed a few events from the book, The Once and Future King, where Merlin is training Arthur in the understanding of the world. Of course, it's brief, augmented, and glossed over. But at least they still touched on it.

Hunchback of Notre Dame is my favorite. Disney told a story about a corrupt, racist catholic priest who sexually harasses a woman to the point of threating to burn her alive if she refuses to have sex with him. And he tells his disabled ward, whose mother he murdered in cold blood, that no one will ever love him because of his disfigured face. What a movie.

Great mouse detective or The rescuers.
and Hercules. But that one isn’t that old on comparison. Same with rescuers down under.

Oh how many beautiful memories, from my good old childhood days!

As a kid I really loved Winnie the Pooh. I remember I would watch Piglet's Big Movie, Tigger Movie and The Heffalump Movie specially.

Aside from Winnie the Pooh, I actually had a lot of Disney movies when I was a kid. One of my favorites was the Lion King. I had all three Lion King movies, and my favorite was always Lion King 3 (or 1 1/2), which is the one that tells Timon and Pumbaa's side of the story. They were always my favorite characters in the Lion King, and I liked that movie the most. I still do, actually.

Another Disney movie I watched a lot as a kid was Mulan.

As for Pixar, the ones I remember watching the most in my childhood are Monsters Inc. and Finding Nemo. Childhood classics I enjoyed a lot as a kid.

Treasure Freaking Planet. Saying this movie is underrated doesn't do it justice. In my opinion, it's the swan song of the Disney Renaissance, the mast hurrah. Not only is the animation gorgeous, it takes a serviceable but in the end sort of bland adventure book, and turns it into possibly the greatest Disney story ever. If you haven't watched it, do so now.

It’s Atlantis: The Lost Empire for me. I love the diversity of the characters and just the lore they built around Atlantis. It’s an underrated classic for sure.

Oh as a kid I loved to watch Snow White and Pocahontas. In fact, the first movie I had ever watched was Snow White. But, I think all of the classic animated movies from Disney/Pixar were amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back