Video Games What are your favorite games?

Favorite Games:

Devil May Cry 3
Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry 5
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode 1 & 2
DOOM
DOOM II
DOOM (2016)
DOOM Eternal
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Guilty Gear Xrd
Megaman X5 & X8
Fable
Diablo II
Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
Onimusha 4: Dawn of Dreams
Sengoku Basara

Guilty Pleasures:

Super Mario

Total War: WARHAMMER II (conquer the whole world with huge armies and huge battles is my favorite,This game is my number one because just like what everyone said the diversity of factions/races. Name me a game where you can have dinosaurs fight dragons or dinosaurs eating zombies. Orcs fighting evil Vikings) .
Other total war series(Medieval 2, empire, Rome 1&2)
General zero hour
Call of duty series
Mass effect 3

Well listing all my favorites would take a while so I’ll just post my favorites that I feel I could play forever.

Final Fantasy VI
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Okami
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
Persona 4
Hatsune Miku Project Diva
Rune Factory 4
Zelda: Breathe of the Wild
Mario Maker 2

Right now KCD! (kingdom come deliverance, really fun medieval game. Not for everyone but great if you like a challenge)

Arguably I have to throw Bioshock up as one of the top games.
I am also gonna throw Pathologic 2 up on the list, it is a very strange Russian game.
The Metro series as a whole.
Vampire the Masqurade Bloodlines 1, cult classic.

Chakan, The Forever Man
Shadow of the Beast
Skeleton Krew
Alien Syndrome
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Cyborg Justice
Monster Hunter: Generations
Fantasy Life
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (this was my arcade go-to back in the day)
Battle Toads
Golden Axe
Unreal Tournament
Quake
Chrono Trigger
Fantasy Star
Jade Empire
KotOR

...most of these are pretty old, so you'll likely have to google most of em

Undertale & BioShock. I've always loved games with a good story, and those two have got to have two of the most compelling storylines of any video game I've ever played.

- Devil May Cry (entire series, except for DMC 2)
- Metro (entire series)
- Command and Conquer (RA2, RA3, Tiberium Wars, Kane‘s Wrath)
- Tales of Phantasia (will try other games in the series too)
- Ori and the Blind Forest and its sequel, Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

So, because I'm a sentamental weirdo, I'm not only going to list my favorite games, but also some of my favorite quotes from it, the ones that really stuck with me, and exemplify why I love them so much, as well as a short little description of why I like the games.

Dragon Age, specifically Origins. I have beaten this game so many damn times I could write a freaking strategy guide on how to get each ending. I love this game more than some people, and I don't need an excuse to play through it one more time. Imagine Game of Thrones, but with more magic, dwarves, elves, giant grey collectivists with horns, and the White Walkers are the literal embodiment of humanity's sin. And that's just the first game.
"The Chantry teaches that it is the hubris of man that brought the Darkspawn into the world...

Metro. Any of them. Not only is this a true Slav's game, it's also a deep look into human nature itself. Can we save ourselves? Do we even deserve to be saved, or should we be destroyed so the next sentient species can rise? It's an oddly hopeful series, despite it's grim tone and setting.
"You reap what you sow, Artyom. Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than just act without any thought or doubt."

Mafia II. Another game I've beaten a ton. The fact that it's pretty short, and has limited open world features is honestly a plus for me, since the story is where this game shines, and I just wanna see that.
" My name is Vito Scaletta. I was born in Sicily in 1925. "

Resident Evil 6. Yes...this game is stupid. Like, really damn stupid. But holy hell, is it fun. RE 4 may have let you suplex zombies so hard their heads explode, but RE6 lets you powerbomb them, pull out a grenade launcher, and blow up a dozen more while your buddy fills them with lead. It's like a dumb 80s action movie was made intoa game, and my only regret is that I don't know anyone who wons it so we can experience it together.
*insert dumb action hero line because the dialogue is so bland I can't remember any good quotes that didn't involve a buff dude complaining about women*

Persona 5. Yep. No shame. Freaking adore this game.
"You are a slave. Want emancipation?"

Spider-Man PS4. This is made for me. It's not even the best superhero game, it just captures the feeling of being SPider-Man so well that I can't help but love it.
"Do what you think is right, Doc. That's all any of us can do. Even if it hurts like hell..."

Final Fantasy IV. I will defend this game to my grave. I've been saying for years that this game is overlooked, and that it set the standard for FInal Fantasy stories. The story, while cliche now, was revolutionary for it's time, telling a pretty compelling redemption story that unfortunately just sort of ends a few hours in. Before you even think about playing this, however...be wary. The DS remake in particular is balls to the walls hard. Like, I only beat this game by using cheats hard.
"Cecil of the Red WIngs is many things, be he is no coward. Not the one I love..."

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. I've played my share of RPGs. Some good (Dragon Age Origins through Inquisition, Knights of the Old Republic, Skyrim,) some bad (Mass Effect Andromeda.) But none have ever made me think as hard as Witcher 3. There is no good choice in this game, no morally just action. This game has legitimately some of the hardest moral quandaries in media period. Looking up what the best choice is won't help you, because there isn't one. More than any other game, it makes you actually think about what you're doing, what you value. It makes you draw the line, instead of laying out a good and bad option. It's a game that does a few things very well (writing, world building, characters) and everything else preety decently, a pure jack of all trades.
"Folks don't expect Witchers to save them from themselves."

Spec Ops The Line. The best game I'll never beat again. This game fucks with you, especially on a first playthrough. Like, seriously. It points right at you, and lets you know how much of a monster you are. Sure, some of it is not handled well, especially the lack of choice, but never has a game made me question my actions more than Spec Ops.
"Do you feel like a hero yet?"

I'm not a very avid gamer, but I wish I was. I love indie games the most. Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley are great to me. I'd love to make indie horror game content someday.

Monster Hunter GU
Damn how I love that game to death. Don't get me wrong, I was considering homicide after the 20th time of being wrecked by Raging Brachydios but it felt so good once that ass was dead xD

Skyrim.
This one's a little wonky. Bug-thesda needs to step up their game when it comes to releasing actually working games. Damn it's been 10 years and they still haven't fixed the Honeyside bug. And yesterday a mammoth flew past me. But it's just so good to snipe away every enemy with my trusty bow (which I stole from Delphine).

WOW
I hate the system of having to pay every month and let's be honest that game is nothing but a massive pay to win trap.
I didn't pay a penny though and I love to take my Dragon for a ride across the Eastern Kingdoms xD Plus- Illidari. Love em.

Animal Crossing NH
I don't always slay jerks with my pointy weapons and when I don't, I'm just running around my island breeding flowers.
It's so cute! And I LOVE Rasher!!

Of the ones I can remember off the top of my head: Skyrim, Crusader Kings 2 (and 3!), SWTOR (and KOTOR) and RDR2 (although I haven't had much time to play)

Vanilla xbox Minecraft or Splatoon 2 with my younger siblings. It gets very competitive. Yes, you heard that right, plain ol' survival mode Minecraft gets competitive.
Also Undertale or Deltarune, especially while using the Hate.exe corrupter to totally screw up the game files and generate some pretty hilarious stuff.

Yeaaah favorit games
Like playin' minecraft and terraria but I mostly just browse itch.io for free horror games
Really like wario apparition, 70/3 quality game.

Any Legend of Zelda game. So far, Breath of the Wild is my favorite and Twilight Princess is a close second. So excited for BOTW 2 to finally come out and the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. They are going to be so much fun!

Divinity Original Sin 2, Cultist Simulator, and Thronebreaker have been my go-to faves for awhile now.
Though, when my playstation is actually hooked up, I like going back through the Dragon Age and Arkham games too.

My favourite games have mostly been RPGs. I enjoy games with a great storyline and character arc. Some include:
- Tales of Symphonia: First RPG that I’ve ever been introduced to and will hold my heart forever
- Fable III: The voice actors 1000% would recommend, some of the best dialogue I‘ve had to listen to
- Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley: I did have a farm simulation phase, but it was calming game
- Bioshock: Also up there with voice acting, but what I loved the most is the world building and lore and characters. That was well done!
- Skyrim: Super expansive, easy to really lose yourself in

My most current obsession: Genshin Impact - Talk about cuteness overload! Good grief! They couldn’t make the characters more adorable if they tried. lol

Bloodborne, definitely, and Dark Souls 3. Sekiro as well.

Aside from Soulsborne games, I really liked Control (top-notch writing and fluid gameplay), the first three Silent Hills and The Rule of Rose. Those have been quite formative for me as I played them when I was like, what, 7 to 10? Dishonored was really fun as well, even if I dislike the first person POV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back