Literature What are you reading right now?

I am currently reading an Alexander Hamilton biography by Willard Sterne Randall. Honestly, the only reason why I started reading it was because I love Hamilton and it made me want to know more about the actual history so I began reading it.

I'm reading the Ward webserial by wildbowpig on wordpress, it's so good! Sveta is the best tentacle monster. Also reading The Wandering Inn webserial by pirateaba also on wordpress. I love the stories, but it is so hard to wait for updates.

I'm juggling three books.

Adrian Goldworthy's Augustus
Mary Beard's SPQR
And a book detailing the end of the Bronze Age. I can't recall its name.

As of now, I'm reading 'A Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue'. Highly recommend it to everyone who likes a lengthy read.
It's a romance, comedy, and mystery.

Currently, I'm reading Good Omens. It's about a angel and a demon who are trying to prevent the apocalypse. In the words of tumblr "two gays misplaced the antichrist".

And there's a tv show coming out soon and David Tennant is gonna be Crowley!!!

Man, y'all read some fancy books. As per usual, my brain can't sit still long enough to actually read a book so I've been reading comics. Right now, I'm reading some of my mom's old Archie comics from when she was a kid (70s and 80s) which are old enough to be vintage but not so old that the art looks creepy. I'm also reading the 75-years-Archie-anniversary book (a comic a year). Also Batman Rebirth and Super Sons.

Anyway, enough about comic books, I'm on-and-off trying to get through Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz. It's a great book and very interesting, my brain is just like, "Noooo! I need punching and pictures!"

Currently juggling Turtles All The Way Down by John Green and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Hey guys, so I was just wondering who was reading right now and what they were reading? Me? I've read more books in the last 2 months then I ever had.

I'm working through this at the moment. It's a interesting read. Quite unique actually for a ghost story.
ycwvbr9d

I'm reading the old American classic. The introduction of my version is literally 30 pages long detailing the making of this book and the hell the author had to put up writing it and after it was published lmao. I read it anyway because I want to soak in every detail of this critically-acclaimed classic.

1523334681365.png

I'm reading the old American classic. The introduction of my version is literally 30 pages long detailing the making of this book and the hell the author had to put up writing it and after it was published lmao. I read it anyway because I want to soak in every detail of this critically-acclaimed classic.

View attachment 424728
I had never heard of this before :D How is it?

I'm currently rereading Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson, as well as rereading Harry Potter, and reading The Heroes by Joe Abercrombies.

Right now, I’m reading the Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. It’s got a lot of old English, which makes getting through each chapter way harder than it should. ^^;

6387180.jpg
I've been reading non-fiction a lot lately. Mostly stuff revolving around history or psychology. This one is super interesting. They guy who wrote it spent a long time placing different types of murders and the like into a gradation scale of "evil". There's like 22 categories and it's wonderfully detailed and example filled.

i just forced myself back into reading, because for years i haven’t had the time, but i finally allowed myself it. so far this year i’ve read call me by your name, the shining, and i’m currently working on simon vs. the homosapien’s agenda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back