Literature What are you reading at the moment?

I’ve resumed reading Exile, the second book in The Legend of Drizzt series.

'Ireland's Immortals: A History of the Gods of Irish Myth' by Mark Williams. I might read Felidae by Akif Pirinçci soon, got a copy off of ebay last week.

'Ireland's Immortals: A History of the Gods of Irish Myth' by Mark Williams. I might read Felidae by Akif Pirinçci soon, got a copy off of ebay last week.

Is that the same Felidae they made an animated movie for?

Yes! I watched the movie and then ordered the book that same night. I hear the book has a sequel too but I know nothing of it

Whaaaaaaaaat!? I had know idea there was a sequel. That's awesome.

Whaaaaaaaaat!? I had know idea there was a sequel. That's awesome.
I just googled it and there's more than just a sequel!
From Wikipedia:
"There are eight books in the Felidae series: Felidae, Felidae II (also known as Felidae on the Road or, in the original German version, Francis), Cave Canem, Das Duell, Salve Roma!, Schandtat, Felipolis and Göttergleich, of which only Felidae, Felidae II, and Felidae V: Salve Roma! have been translated into English."

I have some work to do getting through these books, though unfortunately I don't know German.

I might need to buy this sometime. :closed eyes open smile:

I might need to buy this sometime. :closed eyes open smile:
If you mean Ireland's Immortals, then yes I recommend it so far! Especially if you are into history. I bought it as I wanted to learn more Irish myths, as I loved the stories I was told when I was younger. It turns out that it's less about telling the myths, but rather talking about the history of Ireland's mythology and how it developed over the years. Super interesting!

The Price of Freedom - A.C Crispin

Metro 2033 - Dmitry Glukhovsky (Audiobook version though).

"Sorry" by Zoran Drvenkar.

Without spoiling much, thus far it's one of the best thrillers I have read in a whule - not so by the plot, though it is pretty good, but moreso in the language used.

It tells a story of four friends, one gruesome killer, and people getting into something much bigger then them.

My best friend's favorite series is A Court of Thorns and Roses. I was skeptical at first because the narrator is kind of a Mary Sue, BUT I'm halfway through the third book and 10/10 it is my new favorite guilty pleasure series regardless of her. It's perfect for a casual yet interesting read.

The last book out of The Dresden files series by Jim Butcher.

It is a dark urban fantasy storyline revolving around a wizard disguised in modern day as a private investigator for all things surreal, supernatural, or just down right too unordinary for the law itself to figure out on their own. Definitely a lot of adult themes and very graphic/harsh subject matter that gets tackled in these books to be warned, but with that in mind I very highly recommend it for adults interested. It is an amazing read with very well thought out and in-depth story lines and world building.

I just got The Posthumous Memoirs of Bras Cubas delivered today in the post, so I'm really looking forward to reading it! A Brazilian penpal of mine (through Slowly) recommended it to me, and it'll be the first fiction book I've read in a good many years. :closed eyes open smile:

I read nonfiction more than fiction nowadays but The Hummingbird’s Daughter is my next read. I got Circe queued up though.

I'm reading Ann Leckie's "Imperial Radch" novels, which are very likely my favorite space operas of all time. She takes all the usual rules of the genre and tips them gently on their ear, and the result is something sublime. The series is a journey of revenge that goes few places you'd expect; it has starships and aliens and empires but none of them are from the usual stock. The entire second book is an extended upstairs/downstairs manor drama (but in space!), and the final novel has a scene of our protagonist standing on the hull of her sentient starship firing a handgun into the void, because she knows something (almost) nobody else does. I love this series.

Next on deck are the Locked Tomb books by Tamsyn Muir, because the next one's coming out next month! And I rarely need a reason to spend a few hours with Ianthe Tridentarius.

And after that palate cleanser (Ha!), I'll probably start on Joe Abercrombie's Age of Madness series. Abercrombie is one of my favorite authors of recent memory, and the First Law series are absolutely incredible (made even moreso by the astonishing narration that Stephen Pacey does for the audiobooks). I've been waiting for the entire new trilogy to be released, because I already know that I'm going to just want to plow through all the books.

Last edited:
The last book out of The Dresden files series by Jim Butcher.

It is a dark urban fantasy storyline revolving around a wizard disguised in modern day as a private investigator for all things surreal, supernatural, or just down right too unordinary for the law itself to figure out on their own. Definitely a lot of adult themes and very graphic/harsh subject matter that gets tackled in these books to be warned, but with that in mind I very highly recommend it for adults interested. It is an amazing read with very well thought out and in-depth story lines and world building.
I love Dresden.

I’ve read the entire series twice, and can’t wait for the next one. Definitely one of the best supernatural series out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back