Literature What are you currently reading?

Finished the Broken Earth trilogy. 3rd book not as engaging as 1st and 2nd for me as not much happens it, but has a really good end.

Now reading Orphan Warriors by one of my faves Lian Hearn. So far ... so much people killing members of their own family, being ordered to kill themselves, desires for revenge and people wishing other people had been killed when they hadn't, and I'm only on page 30 something.

Leslie Feinberg's Trans Liberation: Beyond Pink or Blue. This book is such a beautiful mixture of storytelling and activism, I thoroughly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject. Last year I read Stone Butch Blues from the same author, and it's something I'll also recommend to anyone interested in classic lesbian and trans literature, or just poetic and thought-provoking prose in general.

Leslie Feinberg's Trans Liberation: Beyond Pink or Blue. This book is such a beautiful mixture of storytelling and activism, I thoroughly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject. Last year I read Stone Butch Blues from the same author, and it's something I'll also recommend to anyone interested in classic lesbian and trans literature, or just poetic and thought-provoking prose in general.
oh that's funny because I recently finished Alison's Bechdel's Fun Home and I was thinking of starting Kate Bornstein's A Queer and Pleasant Danger! I've been getting more into trans and lgbt+ books and I've heard of Stone Butch Blues, might add that on the list!

I don't got a goal, but a book I'm currently reading is Nowhere Wild by Joe Beernink. Very gripping survival story. For me it's not so much a page turner as some others, but rather it has a "curl up with a mug of camomile tea at night and digest the next chapter" sorta deal. I don't mean that in a bad way though. It's just a slightly different way this book has gripped me.

I'm currently reading Good Omens from Terry Pratchett. Jeez that guy, I swear xD he just can't seem to write a single page without making me laugh my lungs out xD

I'm currently reading a book called A Hero Born by Jin Yong, and translated by Anna Holmwood. It's the first book of the Legend of the Condor Heroes series and the first book by Jin Yong to ever be translated and published for western readers. I'm really enjoying it and I hope they continue to translate the rest of the series. I've also been skipping between the Witcher book series (was a huge fan before the Netflix series), Star Wars the Phantom Menace novelization, and Intense by Dean Kontz. I know I should stick to just one novel but it's hard.lol

Just finished "On Writing" by Stephen King. Pretty interesting and a good read, but I disagree with a lot of his writing advice. I have a very mixed relationship with King's work, something a cross between admiration and disgust.

Now about halfway through reading "Voices" by Ursula le Guin. It's kind of a sequel to "Gifts" but there's no need to read Gifts first. They are both really good short, well-plotted novels. I was surprised that they are supposed to be children's books. If you like le Guin or want a low-maintenance way in to read some of her denser stuff they are excellent.

I've been reading Daily Peace, 365 Days of Renewal by National Geographic. The pictures and quotes there are so positivity-inducing and they have helped me whenever I need a tiny push or just starting a day.

Currently reading the newest book of the series Trials of Apollon it’s so good.

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. I've always been a huge fan of the Hunger Games series in general so I asked my mom to buy me the newest book when it came out.

Re-reading TJ Klune's Green Creek series for probably the 100th time now and currently reading The Last Wish (Witcher series, I wanna play the games too but what's free time?) by Andrzej Sapkowski on and off. Thinking about re-reading Nora Sakavic's All for the Game series too. The coach cracks me up in that series as he deals with those misfits and its so well written. Life's been hectic lately though - despite getting a lot of house projects done - so I'm just behind on everything reading wise lmao.

I finished reading Magic for Liars by Sarah Gailey in an afternoon -- it's about a murder in a Magic Highschool and the non-magic detective who is investigating it. I enjoyed it. I picked up a book at completely random afterwords ( I am stressing 'random' here ) and the result was Again, but Better by Christine Riccio. This is not something I normally read. I actually kinda hated it, but it reads so easy and I'm already passed the 60% marker so I guess it's got something going for it. I think the hook in the middle got me.

I'm bouncing around a bunch but atm it's;
The Disappearing Spoon - Sam Kean
Godsgrave - Jay Kristoff
Igniting The Fire, The Art of Romantic Submission - Master Arcane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back