Literature What are you currently reading?

I am aiming to read at least 20 books for 2020. I am currently reading King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo and Capitol Death by Lindsey Davis.

Do you have any reading goals this year? What are you reading?

I recently finished Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz ... in like two days, I was addicted and recommended this book by a friend. I can see why it’s her favorite book.

Now to find another book. I’m thinking of finally finishing LOTR series, but so many other books interest me as well.

Good luck with your goal Malozing Malozing !! You can do it!!

Just finished Life after Life by Kate Atkinson, now reading Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.

It's weird as heck reading a book where one of the main characters has the same name as me (but a different gender).

This is the first one of her books I've read. I heard great things about it so I ordered it from the library. Do you think her others are better?
Don’t know. I just fell in love with a character in her first trilogy and heard he was the focus in King of Scars. The last book in the trilogy was a little bit of a disappointment for me, though.

I just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy and am now reading Burial Rites by Hannah Kent. I might put the latter down though. Thus far, it hasn't really pulled me into the story. :/

I just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy and am now reading Burial Rites by Hannah Kent. I might put the latter down though. Thus far, it hasn't really pulled me into the story. :/
Burial Rites was interesting at first to me but it drags on, so I dropped it I think.

Currently I have 3 Agatha Christie books on my list, possibly some more of the Longmire series, East of Eden, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy (because I never read it ...). Who knows when I’ll be done.

Stephen Aryan, as I just got done reading Battlemage. It's a fairly easy read, so the overall story isn't as grand as I'd like, but the characters are great and easily carry it. They feel real and every scene reveals a little tidbit about the character you didn't know before. And god damn are the fight scenes good! After the initial fight scene, I was immediately a fan.

Last edited:
I’ve been reading Good Omens The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch and I really love it man. It’s a really good book about the apocalypse

For King of Scars, I am trying so hard not to look up fanfic with the ships I am backing for the book. I don't want to spoil myself, but I also want some fluff so badly right now.

currently on my third re-read of gone girl by gillian flynn. it really is my favorite book of all time. such a clever "murder mystery" with a twist.

Picked up The Fisherman by John Langan yesterday, and I'm about 90 pages in. So far it's alright. Not amazing, but still interesting.

I’m reading through the Gaslight Mysteries (22 books in the series at this point) which is about a midwife and Irish cop solving crimes in Chicago in the early 1900s. The author is Victoria Thompson.

I also recently read Wayward Son which is book two in Rainbow Rowell’s Simon Snow series. The first book is Carry On. It’s kind of a Harry Potter knock off in that it focuses on a British school of magic and a chosen one narrative. But it’s actually more adult and deals a lot with the kind of trauma that comes from being raised as a Chosen One (especially in the Wayward Son book).

It does have explicitly gay characters so if not your cup of tea I would skip it.

Currently reading Life Changing Art of Tidying by Marie Kondo. Haven't gotten too far into it but I've always wanted to learn a way of bettering my life, and she seems so firm on what she knows and so far read a bit where she takes advice from the years of people had with tidying and shows how they normally tend to end up like "tidy up a little bit at a time" and stuff.

A non-litterature heavy book I'm also reading and loving so far is Heartstopper by Alice Oseman. A cute boy meets boy and they fall in love comic/graphic novel story, set in england and showing the struggles of being gay in school and stuff. Only in the middle of it but very sweet so far, tooth rottingly so.

I'm reading the Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz and doing some journaling with two other books. Once college starts again, I'll be forced to read 14 books and I'll probably die

Users who are viewing this thread

Back