Other What are you afraid of? (Animals)

Roaches...
I can't stand them. Just can't.

Not too afraid of spiders. Don't really understand why people are so afraid of them. Obviously big, hairy tarantulas would be freaky, but the smaller ones arn't that bad.

Pretty much all bugs but especially spiders, I absolutely hate them.
Or anything 'bug-like' that can fly; wasps, jenny long legs, moths.

All manner of creepy crawlies
- many legged bugs
- spiders
- worms
- anything that could conceivably live in the human body

Bees. Hornets. Wasps. Yellowjackets. If its yellow and/or black, flies, and stings, I won't touch it with a 10 meter pole.

GettyImages-139289963.jpg

Spiders aren't too bad. They can even be cute at times, believe it or not.
However, ants need to go die. In a pit.
Every time I see one of those weird ant orgy piles I start shaking and crying as I get a nasty feeling down my spine. I just can't take it. Heaven forbid I accidentally step in one.
Also, bunnies. Not a super big fear, I can still hold them and everything... Pet them and have a good time. But I got bit pretty bad by a bunny once and now I've always been careful not to let any bare skin close to their mouths.

Poisonous or disease-carrying creatures. I am genuinley terrified of mosquitos for what kind of diseases they may carry, snakes and so on...Though those are the ones I'm most afraid of. The reality is I'm a gutless coward so I'm pretty tense about any animal more dangerous than a hamster within a 20 meter radius of me (except domiscated ones).

Stinkbugs. And pretty much all beetle things that fly. I love spiders though! Sometimes when I find a jumping spider I'll pick it up gently and put it on my window sill in my room so it can eat the nasty critters that try to come in. I also just happen to think they're super cute.😊

I think I have a legit phobia of maggots. Like, I have an uncontrollable need to get away from them. I couldn't force myself to go back and clean out a garbage can when my mother was yelling at me. It's not something that I think I need to go to a therapist and fix.

I think I have a legit phobia of maggots. Like, I have an uncontrollable need to get away from them. I legit couldn't force myself to go back and clean out a garbage can when my mother was yelling at me. It's not something that I think I need to go to a therapist and fix.
Agreed, maggots are disgusting, we found a dead bird once, and it was full of them. (Sorry to gross you out btw :P)

I really, really hate cockroaches. I got bit a couple of times and it's really irritating. Ugh...I don't like them. I kill them immediately or run ten meters away. If a roach manages to sneak into the room, I literally cannot fall asleep until I'm certain it's dead. I can't even pick up a dead one by the feelers the way the street kids in my neighbourhood do.

I have no qualms picking up worms and millipedes. Spiders I tolerate and I even engaged with the whole spider battling thing growing up. Beetles? Well, they're rare to me since I barely see any so on the off-chance I see one, I just leave it alone. Cockroaches however? Nope.

Wasps.

Bitch you are like half a centimeter long. Why do you feel the need to attack everything that comes into your field of view?

Last edited:
Most insects. I just don't like how sneaky they are. I could be minding my business and turn around and bam! Spider!

Nature should've given all creepy-crawlies tap shoes so I could hear them coming.

lobsters! and anything that looks like a lobster (like crabs)
my dad hid two live lobsters in my bed when i was ten, and then proceeded to chase me around the house with them until i had an anxiety attack
worst childhood memory

Owls, hands down.
No reason for it, I’ve never had a bad experience with one.
As a kid I had the same 3 nightmares about owls every night for years.

snakes.. just.. snakes.. i'm still fine with pictures and videos of them, but seeing them in real life would just give me the frights- like.. it would last for a while..

What I am most afraid of is any kind of parasite. It's the ones you cannot even see that are the most dangerous.

COCKROACHES. if i see one of those bastards i go crazy go stupid i hate them so much. i cry if i see one. my bf and i both hate them with a burning passion and that's saying a lot because both of us like most bugs.

also, i'm squicked by house centipedes but i don't really wanna kill them or anything. it's not their fault they look like that.

i actually had a nightmare the other night of a giant roach in my room that i couldn't kill (i smashed it multiple times but it kept moving closer to me) and i woke up slapping the shit out of my arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back