Experiences what are the worst charatures/players you seen?

Worst players would be:
- Someone who ghosted me because I got pregnant irl (I talked to them about it once, they got super rude about it, told me not to be a smug pregnant lady)

- This guy who got super possessive and jealous and would like time me and shit when I went grocery shopping, because he wanted a reply. Called himself my best friend after like a day of talking.

- This girl from back in my AIM days, who wasn't a bad writer? But she always played the same character. And this character latched onto the villain of whatever fandom (Manfred von Karma from Ace Attorney, Rotti Largo from Repo!) and she wanted to be their Stepford Wife/Baby Mama. Like it never makes sense for the character. Maybe Rotti, maybe, but she'd disappear the moment he was mad at her. Anyway, it was always basically the same story, you just subbed in whatever villain she wanted.

- Marvel/DC rp where Batman learned a slur against mutants and then proceeded to only use that term when talking to the X-men. Like, what?

- Lady I used to know, who always made these "badass, don't need no man" characters who did, in fact need a man to come save them. It wasn't done ironically. Also absolutely all of them had Elliot Page's face. She also had a bad habit of ruining what other people were trying to accomplish, like butting into a a fight two other players agreed on the outcome of, and then ruining their plans and complaining when she was called on it.
Oh my gosh. I have seen this happen. And it's horrible! Just horrible! I hate people that are like don't be a smug pregnant lady.
I used to role-play with someone who was exactly like that. It was pretty disgusting in my opinion.
Sorry I have a womb and have decided to have a child? Sorry that offends you? Sorry that triggers you? Like what sort of time do they have on their hands to get upset over that?
Like congratulations is probably the right thing to say. And that's not being smug. Creating a small human takes a lot of work and effort and sometimes worry. No need for that trash people. I'm so sorry you experienced that.

The worst player I have ever seen?

I used to do a few RPs back on Animo Apps, and Fallout was my very first and favorite fandom. There was this guy playing a Enclave soldier in the RP, and his character somehow had the abilities to pull a RPG from his rump, call vertibirds on command, and even kill random player's characters.

The only reason I survived that RP is because I played an Enclave Vet, and repeatedly moved to famous areas and stuff.

If you ever find him DO NOT RP with him, unless you want a metagamer.

"lucius morningstar was born the son of satan" "he is able to bend both good and evil magic to his will" "is basically the strongest/most powerful character in this roleplay" "17" "also, don't worry, this charictar will not be op." "i just wanted to put out there that Lucius is strong and powerful. Oh, and that he is the leader." "as far as that main character vibes he gives, it is supposed to be main character vibes."

this was for a group superhero rp a while back. and the list of powers he had were so damn long... "would have put the full list, but that would take hours and hours"

oy. this was bad. multiple people left. is it so wrong that i just want to roleplay one time with the superhero character i have?

The worst player I have ever seen?

I used to do a few RPs back on Animo Apps, and Fallout was my very first and favorite fandom. There was this guy playing a Enclave soldier in the RP, and his character somehow had the abilities to pull a RPG from his rump, call vertibirds on command, and even kill random player's characters.

The only reason I survived that RP is because I played an Enclave Vet, and repeatedly moved to famous areas and stuff.

If you ever find him DO NOT RP with him, unless you want a metagamer.
Oh god amino....that place is a hellhole. I used to be on Marvel and there was this user called Coulson who was a metagamer and would make the most op Ocs ever. My guy was a ex hydra agent and her shield oc just straight up almost murks him with no fight from him. Her oc was a damn alien who was really durable so gun bullets did jackshit to her but that was all my guy had. My ex girlfriend was playing an inhuman and I had to beg her to help my guy.

Oh god amino....that place is a hellhole. I used to be on Marvel and there was this user called Coulson who was a metagamer and would make the most op Ocs ever. My guy was a ex hydra agent and her shield oc just straight up almost murks him with no fight from him. Her oc was a damn alien who was really durable so gun bullets did jackshit to her but that was all my guy had. My ex girlfriend was playing an inhuman and I had to beg her to help my guy.
not defending metagaming or overpowered characters cause that's super annoying, but based on what little context there is, it sort of makes sense. idk what kind of alien you're speaking of, but if it's like an asgardian or something similar, it makes sense that she'd be more durable against human weapons such as bullets. it's like putting bucky barnes up against carol danvers... yeah, bucky's a cool guy and he's exceptionally skilled for a human, but against a human-kree hybrid, when all he has is guns? he's getting crushed like an ant, no diff. just seems to me like you put your character up against another character where he had no chance of realistically winning or even really providing a challenge. but, again, just my two cents since i obv don't know the full context or what their character was like.

not defending metagaming or overpowered characters cause that's super annoying, but based on what little context there is, it sort of makes sense. idk what kind of alien you're speaking of, but if it's like an asgardian or something similar, it makes sense that she'd be more durable against human weapons such as bullets. it's like putting bucky barnes up against carol danvers... yeah, bucky's a cool guy and he's exceptionally skilled for a human, but against a human-kree hybrid, when all he has is guns? he's getting crushed like an ant, no diff. just seems to me like you put your character up against another character where he had no chance of realistically winning or even really providing a challenge. but, again, just my two cents since i obv don't know the full context or what their character was like.

I think what they meant was that you kinda have a courtesy rule in place with superhero roleplays/stories.

Because it’s not about “I am an Old Testament God Tyrant who kills all before me.” That shit is boring as hell in a story and it’s just plain rude in a collaboration.

There is a reason the thing people remember about Thanos is his philosophy. Because that’s the part that is interesting. Not “he got magic rocks then vaporized half of all life everywhere.”

In roleplays it’s even more important to remember your character isn’t participating to stop the roleplay. They don’t just get to decide “I killed everyone, I win game over.”

That’s the problem with meta gaming. It’s about being selfish and making a collaborative story all about you and your ego.

That Weird girl That Weird girl in that situation if there isn’t a mod I can talk to to fix the problem I just pretend it didn’t happen. “Like weird Jerry thinks he’s bullet proof, maybe he huffed some strange chemicals. Anyway back to the story.”

Like I assume the person metagaming is just delusional and is going into villain monologue mode to intimidate my character. And everything they write to try to course correct is just further delusional ranting.

It’s a bit of a dick move but it does get the point across. You can’t just decide to hog the spotlight if I don’t give it to you.

Usually the person rage quits within a post or two and nothing of value is lost.

I think what they meant was that you kinda have a courtesy rule in place with superhero roleplays/stories.

Because it’s not about “I am an Old Testament God Tyrant who kills all before me.” That shit is boring as hell in a story and it’s just plain rude in a collaboration.

There is a reason the thing people remember about Thanos is his philosophy. Because that’s the part that is interesting. Not “he got magic rocks then vaporized half of all life everywhere.”

In roleplays it’s even more important to remember your character isn’t participating to stop the roleplay. They don’t just get to decide “I killed everyone, I win game over.”

That’s the problem with meta gaming. It’s about being selfish and making a collaborative story all about you and your ego.
all of that wasn't said in the original post. like i said, i was just going off of the information given, and in the information given, the other person's motivations were not implied. for all we know, op's character could've started the conflict between their two characters and then just got mad because their character didn't win, which wouldn't have been a smart or sensible move if you know that your character would not stand a chance against someone much more powerful than them. not saying that's what op did, just saying that we don't know.

I still argue that he got significantly more boring by giving him the stupid faulty "half of all people means more resources" motivation/philosophy/whatever.
ikr, cause my point is like... would it not be better to just, i dunno, increase the resources? that's what i thought at least.

ikr, cause my point is like... would it not be better to just, i dunno, increase the resources? that's what i thought at least.
That probably has its own logistical problems but it would still have been a better solution.

I would have just preferred it if they stuck with him killing half the universe in order to literally bone Death. Much more befitting of somebody with the title of "Mad Titan."

That probably has its own logistical problems but it would still have been a better solution.

I would have just preferred it if they stuck with him killing half the universe in order to literally bone Death. Much more befitting of somebody with the title of "Mad Titan."
mmm i dunno, doesn’t seem very interesting. like, doing it just for the ego boost or something? would’ve been super anti-climatic for a villain that they’d hyped up for so long. i think it’s pretty insane of him to take out half the universe because of a trauma he experienced instead of using a less… genocidal? method. just being like “yep, he’s crazyyy, he’s gna kill half the universe just for funsies” would make him a pretty flat villain imo, not exactly Big Bad material.

I still argue that he got significantly more boring by giving him the stupid faulty "half of all people means more resources" motivation/philosophy/whatever.
I argue the fact that people argue at length about whether it’s a good motivation or not is precisely what makes him interesting.

otherwise it’s just “bad guy got defeated by good guy cuz plot. No one cares.”

With Thanos people very much care because they either think it’s a dumb motivation or it’s a smart motivation and they can get into heated discussion over who is right.

I mean personally I don’t think it was a good motivation either. I just think it was a good conversation starter.

That Weird girl That Weird girl in that situation if there isn’t a mod I can talk to to fix the problem I just pretend it didn’t happen. “Like weird Jerry thinks he’s bullet proof, maybe he huffed some strange chemicals. Anyway back to the story.”

Like I assume the person metagaming is just delusional and is going into villain monologue mode to intimidate my character. And everything they write to try to course correct is just further delusional ranting.

It’s a bit of a dick move but it does get the point across. You can’t just decide to hog the spotlight if I don’t give it to you.

Usually the person rage quits within a post or two and nothing of value is lost.
I admit I should have done that and nerdy tangents nerdy tangents you are right About my guy going up against impossible threat and how it was not a smart move. But he did not have a choice in that matter since the alien hated Hydra which is something I did not mention and I don't blame you for that since I did not give context and I was pissed at the moment.

Anyway Thanos was a better villain in the comics.

mmm i dunno, doesn’t seem very interesting. like, doing it just for the ego boost or something? would’ve been super anti-climatic for a villain that they’d hyped up for so long. i think it’s pretty insane of him to take out half the universe because of a trauma he experienced instead of using a less… genocidal? method. just being like “yep, he’s crazyyy, he’s gna kill half the universe just for funsies” would make him a pretty flat villain imo, not exactly Big Bad material.
That wasn't a metaphor. His motivation in the comics is that he has met the literal personification of death and thinks she's sexy. Also his mother tried to kill him when he was a kid though I don't think that was added until later.

And sure, it's mad to want to kill half the universe but when we see him he doesn't seem particularly insane. He honestly acts fairly chill and just waxes philosophical a bunch. Not exactly threatening or scary.

I don't get what everyone's obsession with "deep" and "complex" villains is anyways. Having a villain whose main motivation is "I'm evil, bitch" isn't bad. Look at Maleficent or Cruella (live action origin movies not-withstanding) or Ursula or Hades (both Disney and Kid Icarus). Nobody complains about them not being deep enough. Heck, look at the Joker. Some of the best iterations of the character have been madmen with little to no backstory.
Anyway Thanos was a better villain in the comics.
Thank you.

For me, the worst kinda players I've seen are ones that just shove random plot points into the RP making it extremely to keep up with and follow. I'm all for drama but having a war start between two countries that would never go to war out of no where for no reason makes my head spin. It was just random crazy event after random crazy event.

For me, the worst kinda players I've seen are ones that just shove random plot points into the RP making it extremely to keep up with and follow. I'm all for drama but having a war start between two countries that would never go to war out of no where for no reason makes my head spin. It was just random crazy event after random crazy event.
Yea, big drastic plot points like that should definitely be discussed with all players involved.

Totally agree
I have thrown in twists here and there while RPing, but they're always in 1x1's where there's an established trust between my partner and I. It's also nothing that would be totally out of character for the plot, characters, or setting. It's been things such as my character killing off important NPC's.

I have thrown in twists here and there while RPing, but they're always in 1x1's where there's an established trust between my partner and I. It's also nothing that would be totally out of character for the plot, characters, or setting. It's been things such as my character killing off important NPC's.
Yea there's a difference. What I meant was I had this one partner that would throw TOTALLY un- announced and completely unrealistic "twists" in the RP that added nothing. It was confusing and hard for me because I guess they expected me to hang on and continue, understanding all of it? It was very confusing.

its kind of funny to see opposite ends of the spectrum, where you've got one end representing roleplayers who play an extremely passive role, making a reply difficult to make due to lack of "opportunity" (which could be interpreted as "uninteresting" writing); then you've got this other end that represents roleplayers that try to pool in too many ideas at a time, whether because it's the seat-of-the-pants vibe or its just trying to make excitement happen but at the cost of continuity and the roleplayers' suspension of disbelief

I guess the latter's more okay if you're just shitposting though 😗, a lot of great roleplays can come out of seemingly ridiculous starting points

The worst character I have ever encountered was a K-Pop oc. This character would complain about EVERYTHING, and would also want my character to save her or take care of her every 5 minutes. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind saving a character maybe once or twice if they are in a bad situation they actually can't get out of, but every 5 minutes? It ruins the roleplay completely.

The worst player was actually the creator of the oc I mentioned above. She wouldn't really contribute to the rp, but at the same time, wanted EVERYTHING to revolve around her. She would ALWAYS talked about how she wanted our characters to interact, or how she wanted MY character to act. She also ignored my ideas. If I tried to give an idea, she would completely ignore it, and would continue on about how SHE wanted the roleplay to go. So, bottom line is, she wanted ME to run the whole story, but make it all about HER character. If I tried to confront her, or talk to her about the way she was being demanding, she would always get mad at me and try to make it seem like everything was my fault.

The worst character I have ever encountered was a K-Pop oc. This character would complain about EVERYTHING, and would also want my character to save her or take care of her every 5 minutes. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind saving a character maybe once or twice if they are in a bad situation they actually can't get out of, but every 5 minutes? It ruins the roleplay completely.

The worst player was actually the creator of the oc I mentioned above. She wouldn't really contribute to the rp, but at the same time, wanted EVERYTHING to revolve around her. She would ALWAYS talked about how she wanted our characters to interact, or how she wanted MY character to act. She also ignored my ideas. If I tried to give an idea, she would completely ignore it, and would continue on about how SHE wanted the roleplay to go. So, bottom line is, she wanted ME to run the whole story, but make it all about HER character. If I tried to confront her, or talk to her about the way she was being demanding, she would always get mad at me and try to make it seem like everything was my fault.
Man I have had this experience down to a T.

These types should be told to go write their self-insert fiction by themselves and stop trying to make others do it for them. This is RP, it requires you to share the fun. It's just rude to make everything about you in a hobby that's supposed to be fun for everyone. I hope you dropped them real quick and went on to find more fun RPs to spend your time in^^

Besides from the K-Pop, she sounds like a number of people I've encountered. The all about them situation. Just not a fun experience at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back