Experiences what are the worst charatures/players you seen?

Okay, this might be on the wrong side of propriety, but a story about a school where every student decides to become a school shooter on the same day sounds very similar to "Battle Royale" and I'd probably read it.

Okay, this might be on the wrong side of propriety, but a story about a school where every student decides to become a school shooter on the same day sounds very similar to "Battle Royale" and I'd probably read it.

I wouldn’t necessarily call that a school shooter tbh. As the definition is usually pretty much a solo individual or a small group deciding to take out perceived grievances on their “enemies”.

Battle Royale or it’s associated media is more of a “kill or die” scenario where you have to commit murder in order to live. It could still be triggering but it is a less realistic scenario.

It’s basically the anime version of “school shooting”. In that it has as much to do with real world school shooting as say Ouran High School Host Club has to do with real life education in Japan.

yeaaaaah... this was all on this sight btw
I would have cut it off pretty quickly, granted I have low tolerance for most child characters hanging around long term in RPs in general due to less creepy annoyances. But whenever people start trying to add kids with weird things I just quickly am like "No, hard no. That sounds like it has too many implication issues."

If something seems off on this site you can ask a MOD if it breaks rules. Also if you do boot the person and they bother you block them.

I would have cut it off pretty quickly, granted I have low tolerance for most child characters hanging around long term in RPs in general due to less creepy annoyances. But whenever people start trying to add kids with weird things I just quickly am like "No, hard no. That sounds like it has too many implication issues."

If something seems off on this site you can ask a MOD if it breaks rules. Also if you do boot the person and they bother you block them.
Was new to rpn at the time and well eh I don’t think he’s around anymore.. again not naming mames

Just the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

Remember I ran this thing in high school. This was like 10+ years ago and we were idiots. It was called like CCBA (Character Creation Battle Arena). Basically characters would fight each other in arena battles and level up; where they could become more powerful. But there was no strict powers system; it was just a judgement made by the runners of "how powerful character should be at X level". Characters could not come back to life or gain power from losing fights. So we wound up with a very stagnant few characters who had gotten powerful early on in the RP constantly beating the snot any new upstarts. Eventually only one dude remained at the top; the resulting "character" was a demonic slime monster with no personality and broken teleportation powers that would 1tap virtually every new character that put against him by teleporting them in half. I left the group and got told off by my friends for "not being able to lose gracefully" Though I eventually made amends with some of them.

Space opera group. GM proceeded to god mod the destruction of a galaxy spanning civilization in a mere five posts. On the sixth round I said something to the effect of "my faction is extinct I cant rp anymore". He proceeded to get pissed at me for not RPing and "going along with his story", send me death threats in and slurs DMs etc. When he got called out on it he then played the "I'm super depressed!" excuse card which nobody bought.

Different space opera group. We were doing a military campaign style mil-sim rp with space and ground combat and the like. During the setup process the faction I was intending to play as had to be reworked as I wasn't allowed to have compact fusion reactors on tanks and mechs; and this made them "unrealistic". While other players were using literal magic and toon force. I pulled out before the campaign began. Surprise surprise turn 1 of the campaign someones god came out and killed everyone.

Another different space opera discord group I came across just the other day. (Man, stay the f AWAY from these places...) You could play a lottery winning varying levels of "godmod passes" and various other things like super weapons or larger fleet sizes for your space force. You could be entered into the lottery, by doing art, boosting the server with nitro or donating to the server owner's patreon. Also the mods would RP your faction if you weren't active everyday; and often play them poorly or out-of-character. They got closed down about a day after I found out about them for breaking Discords TOS by running what was basically Pay-To-Win RP group.

Was a part of this star wars RP. The person I RPed with was concerningly obsessed with Tagruta/Twi'lek girls and nudity. Their characters were going around naked or in skimpy clothing all the time with lots of descriptive prose focused on their bodies. Doubly concerning because though we weren't underage; my character was underage; and present for a lot of it.

Had some guy ask to do an RP with me. On the first quest one of my female characters was godmodded into being chloroformed by an evil supervillain grandma who locked her to a stretcher and then hooked her up to a force feeding machine. He then asked me to RP her in that situation. Dude proceeded to throw a fit when I pressed him on what the villain's motivation/backstory/reason for doing this was.

I was pretty young back then so I didn't process this until later, but I did have a RP I thought was going really well until suddenly a character bring up that they need to rescue their sister from... well, sexual abuse, let's say.

It's not nearly as bad as some of the other experiences in this thread haha. Like nothing went into actual detail. But I mentioned that I wasn't comfortable with those topics brought up in the RP... He said "Ok" and ghosted me lol, which I thought was a pretty big red flag.

I'm okay with dark themes in a RP, and I feel like themes of abuse like that can be handled really well. It's just that I was put off by the fact that it turned that way so suddenly without warning at all. I was also way too young at the time. I really wonder if I dodged a bullet.

While not so dramatic as other things mentioned, I had a bit of a head-scratcher happen just recently. Offered a story idea based on a character I play in the Pathfinder ttrpg. The character is very special to me and is a magic user. One person on a different site offered to play a character opposite them that was "allergic" to magic in the sense it gave them the worst tinnitus headaches any time they were exposed to it.

I'm just reading it like... "Why? What good could possibly come from offering such a character with no other detail except THAT!?!"

While not so dramatic as other things mentioned, I had a bit of a head-scratcher happen just recently. Offered a story idea based on a character I play in the Pathfinder ttrpg. The character is very special to me and is a magic user. One person on a different site offered to play a character opposite them that was "allergic" to magic in the sense it gave them the worst tinnitus headaches any time they were exposed to it.

I'm just reading it like... "Why? What good could possibly come from offering such a character with no other detail except THAT!?!"
that seems wack

Depending on the world around them that actually might be interesting. Especially if they know enough to play the pain properly. As someone allergic to magic in a magical world would essentially just have a chronic disability.

Which is actually super out of the box thinking. I’m guessing they didn’t tell you how they planned to introduce their differently abled character into the lore?

Which is actually super out of the box thinking. I’m guessing they didn’t tell you how they planned to introduce their differently abled character into the lore?
^
That right there is the issue. The concept itself is indeed interesting, but I got nothing more than a "hey I want to play a character who is allergic to magic alongside your magical character" with no other details attached

^
That right there is the issue. The concept itself is indeed interesting, but I got nothing more than a "hey I want to play a character who is allergic to magic alongside your magical character" with no other details attached
See I’m the worst for those kinda of requests cuz I take it all at face value and immediately ask for elaboration. Bonus the folks with shallow ideas immediately bolt the first time I am like “oh wow that’s fun, so are they based on IRL issue? Or are you doing an allegory for a specific disability?”

like hit them with that good good academic questioning and the time wasters are like “Um actually I gotta do a thing over there bye.”

nerdy tangents nerdy tangents
I think the character she offered was in a similar vein to the reason I offered mine. It was a character she used in a D&D game and she thought she would be able to use it in a similar setting. But while that kind of problem might make for some unique interactions in a group setting, a 1x1 makes the conflict very personal. Why would you put yourself in a position where everything another character does or even is causes you pain? Constantly....

To put it simple, I was roleplaying a Titanfall based roleplay. I made a detailed Pilot with her trusty Stryder Titan XA-1679. My partner had been some edgy demon lord shit that came out of nowhere and just started flirting with my PIlot. I of course had XA-1679 warn him about twice before flicking him away like a cockroach. He flicked XA back and apparently that was powerful enough to blow a massive metal beast into slag and scrap?

Next time, I ended up having my Pilot come back with an entire IMC fleet complete with the Unfinished Titanfall Online Destroyer Titan{I want to see that someday tho.}. He took a Destroyed and Ogre chassis falling on him with 'no effect', and somehow tore through the fleet in under... what? a few seconds? If this guy wasn't some overpowered BS I would have continued playing with him, but this guy wiped out starships and massive metal Titans, the most heavily armored ones mind you, with little effort. Shame he was a good roleplayer though.

I'd say the worst character I've seen was "part human, part wolf, part dragon with the ability to control every element in the world." To be honest, I actually enjoyed the characters personality and such it was just the overall mary sue type thing.

As for the worst player i've encountered..oh geez.
For a bit of context I was doing a group rp with a few others. I have this one oc of mine, he's quite a horrible person really, but one of the girls that was head of the rp didn't hate him because of his personality, she hated him because he was gay. She would say things like, "I dislike gay people because they don't like beautiful women. I'm not homophobic though." She would annoy me 24/7 about changing him to be bi. Even trying to guilt trip me into doing so because "You said before you didn't want to do anything to make me uncomfortable"

I finally just changed him to be bi for the rp to avoid drama.

The next thing she did was tell another person in the rp that his characters voiceclaim was "to black for his character."

I think the grossest thing was that sometimes the faceclaims she sent didn't appear to be..adults. I'm gonna put the next part in spoilers in case it makes anyone uncomfortable.
One of her characters face claims was an aged down version of Makoto Tachibana from Free tied up with a jumprope. She said the character was "clumsy" but the implications behind the picture were just really gross. She would also always call one of my other ocs a shota??? And one of her own ocs a loli.

She was very..defensive? Its like she would get upset every time one of the other people in the group interacted with a character that WASN'T hers. And let me tell you she literally had over 10 characters. No, that isn't me exaggerating. She'd also blatantly insult another one of the girls in the group. Cussing at her, etc.

In the end the rp died, and it wasn't very surprising.

Oh yeah, she sent in obviously traced art and claimed it was hers. In case anything else wasn't bad enough.

To put it simple, I was roleplaying a Titanfall based roleplay. I made a detailed Pilot with her trusty Stryder Titan XA-1679. My partner had been some edgy demon lord shit that came out of nowhere and just started flirting with my PIlot. I of course had XA-1679 warn him about twice before flicking him away like a cockroach. He flicked XA back and apparently that was powerful enough to blow a massive metal beast into slag and scrap?

Next time, I ended up having my Pilot come back with an entire IMC fleet complete with the Unfinished Titanfall Online Destroyer Titan{I want to see that someday tho.}. He took a Destroyed and Ogre chassis falling on him with 'no effect', and somehow tore through the fleet in under... what? a few seconds? If this guy wasn't some overpowered BS I would have continued playing with him, but this guy wiped out starships and massive metal Titans, the most heavily armored ones mind you, with little effort. Shame he was a good roleplayer though.
Ooof cruse of not seeing your own powerplaying

HouseMouse HouseMouse people like that make me glad every site I ever roleplayed on had a block feature. I would have blocked her even if she wasn’t targeting me. And if she wanted to throw a fit I would pull an old “oh I’m sorry I don’t see her posts, I don’t know why? I think it’s something with my computer.”

i've been lucky in the rp department in the sense that i can't recall writing against any badly-developed characters

players on the other hand, one starkly sticks out: it was on a forum completely abandoned by moderators. my username was "amethyst" something and he'd constantly message me stuff like "good morning my shining purple gem". it got corny really quick. and he also used to scold me for my attitude/swearing in the public chat; used to say stuff about how he was disappointed seeing me "be" like that

for some reason, i can't really remember us ever talking about our rp? it was mostly us talking about irl stuff

now, years later... i don't want to use the eight-lettered g-word but i was a teen and his behaviour was pretty questionable

Grooming?

I want to learn more about people who think that sort of thing is worthwhile. What do they tell themselves in their head? The more I think about it the more gross it gets.

As someone who has gone through it before by a relative-in-law and online people, it's because they have something against the gender or person that reminds them of someone they hate. It's a form of having control or power over someone you deem as lesser than yourself so you can get a high from the power and feel like you are worth something in this miserable life. If you realize you have power over someone, you can spin the truth so it seems like the other person you are grooming wants you instead of it being a one-way street. It's a psychological game that, for some reason, people understand really well despite not learning about how the human mind works to a high school level extent. Their understanding of the human psyche is learned from example. While they may not be able to explain how they know all this in great detail, they can still manipulate and groom people (adults and children) as if they have a Master's in Psychology.

It's really uncomfortable to be put in that situation. I've seen younger kids grooming adults too, or at least blackmailing them because they know they have power as a minor over them (like not being blamed if they did something illegal I'd rather not say, but yes it's sexual in nature). It's just more commonly heard of adults doing this to kids.

It's why I don't like playing power imbalanced relationships because it can (not saying it will 100% of the time) have grooming if the character dynamic and their personalities happen to fall into it.

But basically the way they think is "I'm special and my life matters because I have power over someone and they'll do anything for me, whether they want to or not, and I can finally get this power-hungry, control-freak, fantastical itch out, which may or may not be sexual but it most likely is 99% of the time."

It's abhorrent and disgusting.

Gaslighting and guilt tripping and shaming people for seemingly normal or trivial things are common things they use in their arsenal. As well as being charismatic enough to get you to believe them over your own subconscious. They do it for the long haul because they know that once they get that person in their emotional investment trap, they know it's nearly impossible to leave and they'll have someone "obedient" to do their sick bidding. They test boundaries, as well, which is a common tactic. It's common to test boundaries, but testing boundaries that should never be even touched with a 30 foot pole are not okay.

Last edited:
Welp, looks like I get to add another entry into my 'humans are awful' file.

Thank you for sharing your outlook with me, I'll be thinking about it for a while.

Ooof cruse of not seeing your own powerplaying
I only dropped the IMC fleet on him when he flat out deleted the highly powered Titans I had created. I mean, like, if you can flick a Stryder out of existence, you can prolly deal with the IMC fleet. I mean, it wasn't an assault on Typhon levels fleet, but it had at the least two Destroyer Titans. Then the two heaviest mechs went down. I mean, what else is there to do other than just have the fleet wipe him out?

I only dropped the IMC fleet on him when he flat out deleted the highly powered Titans I had created. I mean, like, if you can flick a Stryder out of existence, you can prolly deal with the IMC fleet. I mean, it wasn't an assault on Typhon levels fleet, but it had at the least two Destroyer Titans. Then the two heaviest mechs went down. I mean, what else is there to do other than just have the fleet wipe him out?
Glass the planet

Players that are the worst. Here's one. The player that responds to thongs they don't want to hear with "Hmmmmm", "I see", "Oh.", ". . . . . ", Or any other peompt for you to ask "What's wrong?" Not adding or explaining any thing else.

It's clearly bait to see if you will ask "What's wrong?" So they can try to work in some comfort zone break without being a bad guy.

Extra credit points lost if they actually respond after a few days to see why you didn't respond to there bait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back