Experiences what are the worst charatures/players you seen?

Players that try to lay insults on thick about people not doing certain things in RPs and you can pretty much just tell they figure you won't want to do a RP like that. So they are trying to use preshaming bullying so you won't admit you don't want to do it.

Plus +20 on the annoyance meter if they can't bow out gracefully when you tell them you aren't interested.

Plus +1000 and a block if you point them to someone that is interested in the kind of RP they want and they pretty much get mad because they don't want to play with someone with their exact same attitude.

On another site, this guys first message to me was (word for word): hi i nico nic to met you". I about burst into tears. He was in character, without discussing something. The grammar and spelling was just god awful. Plus, when I asked him to give me some sort of idea, he said: f/f nakd pilow fight.

On another site, this guys first message to me was (word for word): hi i nico nic to met you". I about burst into tears. He was in character, without discussing something. The grammar and spelling was just god awful. Plus, when I asked him to give me some sort of idea, he said: f/f nakd pilow fight.

Oh I hate that, I was in a Fantasy roleplay once, everybody was writing at least one paragraph per action. And this guy joins, and he says this as his IC action.

’i twerk on the barstool’ That was it! Super funny dude! Amazing! Totally NOT an immersion breaker!

It was a discord roleplay but I had to ask the player to leave, after complaints from 7 of 10 players in the roleplay (three not included were the asshole, his galpal, and his friend). He didn't take it well and proceeded to find the RP Community Discord I frequented and harass me there (along with his galpal and friend). Thankfully the staff didn't allow it and he backed off, thank goodness. But that really turned me off my own RP.

Oh my god. Oh no.

giphy.gif

I've had similiar experiences. As mean as it sounds I can't help but wonder if their bad grammar is real, or an attempt to look innocent.

Oh I hate that, I was in a Fantasy roleplay once, everybody was writing at least one paragraph per action. And this guy joins, and he says this as his IC action.

’i twerk on the barstool’ That was it! Super funny dude! Amazing! Totally NOT an immersion breaker!

Immersian breaker is actuially how me and some friends referred to these types. In group RPs you tend to apparently get this type. These friends have a lot of stories about a guy that would join IRL RPs they did just to do odd things like this to draw attention. Often acting things out as he did. Never anything to contribute to the story.

It was a discord roleplay but I had to ask the player to leave, after complaints from 7 of 10 players in the roleplay (three not included were the asshole, his galpal, and his friend). He didn't take it well and proceeded to find the RP Community Discord I frequented and harass me there (along with his galpal and friend). Thankfully the staff didn't allow it and he backed off, thank goodness. But that really turned me off my own RP.

Sorry to here this :-( I really hate the asshole characters who more often than not just want to play asshole characters. Then having back up to continue harassing you is ridiculous.

Sorry to here this :-( I really hate the asshole characters who more often than not just want to play asshole characters. Then having back up to continue harassing you is ridiculous.

Yeah shit happens. I was upset at the time, I've never had someone follow me to harass me. The backup was irritating, it did get funny because they kept trying to DM me but you gotta be friends on discord to DM, and I wouldn't accept any friends requests! So that was a failed attempt for them! XD

Yeah shit happens. I was upset at the time, I've never had someone follow me to harass me. The backup was irritating, it did get funny because they kept trying to DM me but you gotta be friends on discord to DM, and I wouldn't accept any friends requests! So that was a failed attempt for them! XD
That is the best way to handle trolls. Ignore and use website tools and rules. If you ignore/block/report they tend to die off faster than if you engage and give reaction.

Don't feed the trolls or their white knights.

gun related superpowers > psychic/physical/energy manipulation superpowers because... *yawn*
But what if....one could have both? Which is basically the power set of the protagonist of the game Control, but whatever.

Anyways, getting back on topic, I have seen many...interesting characters. Mostly from back in 2017 in the old days on the Roblox roleplaying subforum. Granted, most of them were mine (The Scythe, Mollia, and Aether Bad were probably the worst of them imo, spooky villains but if they were as flat as cardboard!), but I did see a few that were in a special league that wasn’t owned by me.

There was this one....person. I’ve talked about them before on a variety of threads, but never about the characters they made. It was ridiculous, honestly. It was like they were trying to wrap up ideas from every anime they watched into characters. You had stands from Jojo in three characters, rubber-like skin from One Piece in another, it was honestly ridiculous. One of these days I want to go back and count how many animes were mashed together across all of their characters. At one point they made multiple characters that were basically alien catgirls in maid outfits who could change gender with a sneeze, which had all the dreaded pervert energy to them. There were so many ridiculous transformations, maid outfits, characters awkwardly pushed into their main dude’s extensive harem, and so many storylines that just went nowhere but to glorifying their main characters. I can‘t remember where one character begins and another ends, because they all had the same 4 personalities, but with the spice of whatever anime they were watching that week. But their main guy was the literal worst. Seriously, imagine all the ridiculous powerups, stereotypical shonen protagonist personalities, and overdramatic connections to the villain you could shovel into the character. It was the worst case of main character syndrome ever, not even getting into how this person roleplayed.

As for the worst person OOC, that is a difficult question to answer. A long-running multifandom crossover roleplay I was participating in collapsed about almost a month ago, and the behaviors I saw during that garbage fire of an OOC could have a whole documentary made after them. Callouts, exposing, burning irl friendships, full-on hate servers, it got really bad. But I think that mess is a little too recent to break down, some people wouldn’t be particularly happy if I broke it down, and I don’t have the time nor energy to unfold it anyways.

Going back a little further, I remember one girl in particular from a superhero roleplay back on Roblox. She started the first version of this one roleplay, and it didn’t do much. It did however, bring together a few people who wanted to take it up to the next level, who with permission asked to make a second version. The girl, who had given the okay, proceeded to fly off the handle at them for stealing, despite multiple posts suggesting otherwise. Eventually she stormed off, but she had another angry episode in this realistic family roleplay. She had this little toddler character, and tried to do the most over-the-top, crazy stuff on a regular basis. When called out for the unrealistic nature of this, she got made and argued with people for it. Pretty sure I’ve mentioned her before too, but I remember her for how...angry this girl got at people. Seriously, it was borderline temper tantrums.

Going back a little further, I remember one girl in particular from a superhero roleplay back on Roblox. She started the first version of this one roleplay, and it didn’t do much. It did however, bring together a few people who wanted to take it up to the next level, who with permission asked to make a second version. The girl, who had given the okay, proceeded to fly off the handle at them for stealing, despite multiple posts suggesting otherwise.

I've had this happen to me, and I put it down to jealousy that someone else managed to make the RP successful when they couldn't. Usually it's because they have this insanely childish attitude to things that makes them unable to run a successful RP in the first place.

Granted, most of them were mine (The Scythe, Mollia, and Aether Bad were probably the worst of them imo, spooky villains but if they were as flat as cardboard!), but I did see a few that were in a special league that wasn’t owned by me.
Oh yea, in case you were wondering about these three examples:

E0FE79DB-78F1-441A-A403-2DEDB76A7387.jpeg
02AB4A77-0B55-405C-A659-F98F44A7001B.jpeg
5B53A46C-1F73-438E-A416-F35CEB6E012D.jpeg
6BE7BE45-1084-46A9-8C2C-03D1D8FBD549.jpeg

Yea, you can tell I thought these characters were absolutely amazing intimidating villains at the time, but in hindsight? No. They really weren’t.

It especially was not helped by how I roleplayed Mollia, either. What’s the point of writing all this spooky potential controlling people stuff if you’re going to have her act like a wet blanket all the time with no malicious intent whatsoever? I don’t think I ever used her powers, at all. Considering how toxic certain people in that circle were, I think it was probably for the best because I’m sure they would’ve gotten ridiculously mad over it. Not saying that mind control is a good thing for a multiple person roleplay, because it really isn’t for the whole ”forced to roleplay what someone else” aspect, so it would’ve been reasonable for them to be a little upset. But considering at one point two people got into a full-blown multipage argument over a giant oc and the Empire from Star Wars being in the same area, I think it would’ve probably gotten beyond justifiable levels of annoyance. So, dodged a bullet there. What I didn’t dodge a bullet with however, was Mollia’s backstory. I didn’t include it in the sheet, but I later forced in with zero subtlety that she and another character of mine (Mist) were super close best friends with absolutely no romantic tension whatsoever (read the obvious sarcasm, I was 12 and completely oblivious to some of the undertones it had) back when Mollia was alive and a human. But then! Mollia died in a car wreck! And then her soul got snatched away by this super evil demon master named the Puppetmaster! (For some reason I always imagined this character resembling W.D. Gaster??) Who was totally here the whole time and wasn’t written in at the last minute as part of a story I thought was totally dramatic! And he stole her soul and made her into one of his demonic minions! Because that is totally how demons work! And then Mist and Mollia later had a really dramatic reunion! That was so dramatic and not painfully forced even to 12 year old me! It was totally cool and not considered by me to be one of the worst scenes I’ve ever written! No problems here! Yeah, she wasn't the worst character, but she was probably some of the worst roleplaying I’ve ever done. I’ve revamped her and Mist into actually passable characters now (Mollia the Terrible and Maeve), but this still haunts me because of how evident it is of how I used to plot. So many things shoved in for the drama. So many awkwardly forced scenes.

The Scythe never got an in-character post, because I was way more focused on my other superhero character. I’m kind of glad because so much of their sheet reeks of edge. There was going to be a super dramatic twist where it was revealed that they were a girl, which just hurts to imagine playing out. How was that even going to come up, anyway? Knowing me, it was probably going to be some ridiculous scene where their mask got broken. Also knowing me, it was probably going to have a lot of forced anger and sadness in it, too. They were a weird little burrito of RWBY, the Demon Slayer from Maplestory, and this one book I saw the cover and read the synopsis of, but never read. It’s like I took the edgiest and coolest parts of all of those things, then glued them together in one of the most ridiculous ways possible. I’m so glad I never wrote for this.

Uhh, for Aether-Bad I don’t have a lot to say about. She was cartoonishly evil, she didn’t do much, and then I killed her off because I thought she was stupid. She was intended to be the one who started some spooky jewelry thing with some other characters, but I never addressed it beyond her getting shanked by one of those other characters. The whole mirror thing was awkwardly resolved after I realized nobody was going to interact with the crazy evil person who wasn’t starting interactions. I thought aether was weird magenta-colored lasers and fire for the longest time, which is probably the worst misconception I ever had across all of my characters. One google. One google could’ve salvaged this. In fact I think I did google it, but I still somehow walked away with the same idea of what aether was. I don’t know why I went that far without anyone correcting me, but I somehow did.

Going on a bit of a side rant, what the actual hell was I doing with the appearances for these three? What is going on with Mollia’s outfit? There is a mix of modern clothing and super spooky ancient stuff, and it is giving me the most confused mental image ever. Why is there gold awkwardly thrown into this? If it was more consistently distributed then I could forgive this, but there’s just awkwardly pasted in gold swirls for no reason other than it is apparently cool. Why did you say wooden puppet things? Why didn’t you just google the proper name for those? There is so many vague articles of clothing in this description, I have no idea how I’m supposed to imagine this character.

What is that color palette for Aether-Bad? Crimson? Light red? Magenta? Cranberry? Pink? Gold!? These colors! They do not mix well together whatsoever! Especially magenta and cranberry! I think I believed back then that magenta was just a brightened cranberry, which it isn’t. That’s a whole other thing. Pink and crimson together? Why? Maybe if it was dark pink, sure. But this is just thrown in as if it’s just a regular shade of pink, which doesn’t look good with pink unless it is Valentine’s Day, aneven then not in these quantities. Why did I throw gold in there? Sure, with the right variation of it, it would combine pretty well with any one of these colors. Note that I said one. There’s too many colors here that are so vastly different, so I guess I unintentionally gave her the ability to make people’s eyes bleed, thanks to how hard she is to look at.

The Scythe is mostly fine, black and red—edgy associations aside—works as a color combination. But this character is supposed to be visually inspired by the Demon Slayer from Maplestory, which particularly bugs me in how I described their non-clothing features.

ACB63BB5-D08B-47D4-A2D7-77E30C91BC92.png
This was the character The Scythe was supposed to be based off of, for reference. I describe their skin as “light navy blue” because some of the alternate skin tones you could have for this class in particular were very light muted shades of cool colors. This is still not light navy blue? There was a numerous collection of other words I could’ve used here to describe the correct color, or even just white if I wasn’t a pretentious little booger when I was 12 who wanted an edgy looking demon-like person. You could have easily googled what navy was, but instead settled on the fact it was probably just a synonym for blue. In case you haven’t noticed, quite a few problems with my old characters could have been fixed if I put in minimum effort.

Wow, I wrote a lot. Uhh, yea, in summary, these are some of what I think to be my worst characters. If anybody requires a novella writing style out of me, just ask me have a rant about my old characters from when I was 12, apparently.

Last edited:
Mollia actually has a pretty cool character concept. :)
Yea, I did manage to salvage her into a better character like I said in parentheses, but her first draft left much to be desired.

Here's one. I personally only saw a small sample of this guy'
s utter worstness as a player. But others I talk too made the mistake of giving him far more chances and assured me he has a horrid pattern.

Basically he has a set character design for his own characters. Only changing a bit to sneak the characters into RPs whether they fit or not. But his main sin is he loves to fan fic/retcon/god mod everyone else's characters. And when confronted he tries to play stupid like he doesn't understand why his partner (or group in at least one instance) is mad. Then when people don't bend to his god modding he Ignores communication for weeks. Then suddenly renews contact acting like he doesn't know why you haven't continued the RP.

Here's a worst player issue to add as it comes down to people who clearly can think of plot and character but don't.

Okay, I've seen this problem a lot in short lived RPs where someone pretty much doesn't want to make a character other than their mains. And don't want to work on the setting either. Either they are the type who are just wanting someone else to set the majority up for them to run with like a human version of a open world video game. Or maybe they struggle to flesh out minor characters. But whatever the reason they end up breaking the "You control your characters I control mine" rule. And also they tend to like to ignore anything you say about not destroying everything without discussion. So when they have a grand plot or need to show up some character moment they start eyeballing characters and important world points. Then the RP comes to a halt as you remind of the rules. And in most cases things OOC start to show nothing but future issues.

Now the worst is when the other person has copious back up characters, NPCs and even groups in their main's back grounds. But they STILL get mad when you don't sacrifice your characters so they can have a big deal kill off, betrayal, back story feud, epic future idea ruining explosion.

And when you flat out ask if this is so important for an idea they have to have something happen to a character or a character to be totally changed-
"Because it wouldn't fit my characters." Or "Because I have plans for them."

Last edited:
I started roleplaying with an edgy magical cat OC completely illiterate and barely comprehensible, (now I do edgy magical humans so... y'know, growth) But generally I'm pretty chill with edgy children online. One RP that I did had a chick suddenly decide that she had a crush on my character (who was already shipped with another) and when he said "no... I'm already dating x" she threw a hissy fit, tried to kill my character, and then "sobbed loud enough for the rest of the school to hear." And that's when she entered my DMs and tried to plead her case to me.

She was absolutely shocked when I told her under no circumstance was I going to break character to have my character do a 180, when for the above reasons he already was acting pretty frosty and dismissive of her, and enter an abusive, possessive relationship when he already is in a very chill and happy relationship... and she tried arguing with me that her character wasn't abusive she just "knew what she wanted" and "would do anything to get what she wants."

Worst character by far:

It was 1944, Germany and Russia were at each others throats, and this battle will define the Eastern Front for the rest of the war. A small squad of Russian soldiers are walking through a bombed out city, when out of nowhere a German sniper strikes! He kills the whole squad due to lucky rolls, but then a tank appears! Utilizing his Kar98k he snipes the engine, blowing it up, and the retreats.

Okay, that does not sound bad, until you hear that he killed that squad from 5 km away. He had no scope. He somehow obliterated the squad and the tank. His reasoning? "The White Death Did It"

qunqun qunqun That reminds of a person who messaged me. I had made this kind cracky roleplay that was a crossover between Sailor Moon, Spongebob, and Golden Girls (I may or may not have been high on cold meds when I came up with the idea)

Anyway she messages me first and is like do you mind if all the characters are female? (I’m like I planned on playing rose from golden girls anyway so sure whatever. The world building wasn’t what you would call set in stone)

So then she wanted the villain to go from a possessed furby doll to Jessica Rabbit.

Im still with her so far so I’m like sure we can do that.

Then she’s like - and Jessica Rabbit ties up her henchmen (the Disney Princesses) and sexually humiliates them

And I am like excuse me? No. This is a PG13 site, also I am not putting Rose from Golden Girls in your weird fetish porn.

The thing that your story reminded me of was how she got super indignant and told me flat out ( This about a fetish. It has nothing to do with sexual themes.)

Bearing in mind she specifically requested that the villain sexually humiliate her henchman.

So I am like... either you are just trolling me or there is some scary cognitive dissonance going on. Either way I blocked the person and then told every one of my friends on the site their name and what they had done. (The mods were useless or I would have contacted them too)

Huh- welp the worst Rp ive been on was a couple years ago, when I was still young and new to Rping. It was a Superhero academy thing, and it was actually pretty fun, with there actually being story depth into it. Them comes along..... Ill call her "Stella"

When Stella joined, she made her character into this alien monster from another planet that was hiding out, waiting to strike. This would have been a cool concept, except Rule Uno was that The characters were suppose to be Human- Like seriously When we told her she had to change her character, her agrument was "But he is hiding as a human! so she techincally is one!" Thank god the GM was firm on it though, and she finally changed them to a girl with Fire powers.

It got worse. Whenever there was a combat class, she would always try to find a way to win, even if it made no sense. Example: Once, "Stella" was fighting a character with a simple power- water. So when the practice started, Water powered girl sent a blast of water at them Simple, clean water blast. "Stella" Blocked said attack with a buttload of fire, then "teleported" and give them, in her own words "A kill blow" First of all- how did you even gain the ability to suddenly teleport. Secound, this is a PRACTICE BATTLE.

To cap it all of, she was constantly being rude and picking up fights with people, with stuff like "yyour gay kisssy kissy" and "Your a hoe" When people started to get annoyed, and finally the GM kicked her out, "Stella" started stalking them, and sending disturing images at them. YEah- she was the worst

hahahahaha me!

let me explain :p

so basically a looooong time ago i decided to make a character and he was pretty nice, a small time inventor thrown out by his parents because his machines were very rarely useful and they wanted him to study something related to their business. a steampunk, tinkering genius of yesterday's tommorrow, what could go wrong?

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, he had been on the streets for a while and i wanted to show how this drastic change in lifestyle had affected him. instead of doing something rational like having some form of anxiety disorder or perhaps fears of disappointing others expressed in the little things he did, i decided the best course of action was to absolutely destroy everyone else's fun by making him a raving madman that was no fun to be around. literally all he did was make irrational decisions that went against the group EVERY TIME and occasionally be quirky by trying to collect the blood of the other group members for no damn reason.

pretty sure i just really wanted attention from the others in the group for again no damn reason and then when they finally had enough and killed off my character, to ya know give me a hint, i threw a hissy fit and got mad. okok so not good to kill a character without the player's consent, buuuuut honestly looking back i get why they did it

i still cringe to this day : )

So I’ve been RPing in various places online for around 11 years, and have many stories to tell of annoying habits both IC and OCC, but as this is the most recent, I’m here to rant.

This happened on was on another site I decided to try and find some RP on, and am not sure how things ended up quite like this. Granted, alarm bells were ringing from pretty much the start, but me trying to be nice, tried to give this person a chance...

While on this site, searching for an RP which contains ‘adult stuff’ is allowed, but is by no means the sites primary purpose as it contains a whole bunch of various, epic plot heavy threads in different settings where grown up content isn’t even wanted by the players. Anyway, I listed a few plot ideas in my search thread, and stated clearly in that I’d prefer a plot heavy RP as I have no interest in straight up smut - making a story is why I RP, not to umm... yeah, y’know.

When I woke up one morning, I was pleased to see someone had DM’d me. I opened up the message all enthusiastically, hoping that I’d found someone to make an awesome story with... well the convo that followed basically went like this:

(For the sake of conversation, I’ll call this person ‘Sarah’)

Sarah: hey

Me: Hey! Thanks for replying to my post! I take it you’re up for some RP?

Sarah: yes

Me: Great! Which of my plots would you be interested in?

Sarah: no

Me: Umm... okay, did you have your own plot in mind?

Sarah: do you have discord?

Me: Yep! *makes discord noises*

Sarah (on discord): hey

Me (on discord): hey thanks for the add... so did you want to RP?

Sarah: yeah

Me: What would you like to do? Got any plots in mind?

Sarah (1 day later): you do smut?

Me: Well, I’d rather focus on building a story than just do that. Not sure we’re gonna be a match if that’s what you’re looking for I’m afraid

To no ones surprise, I didn’t get a reply. Not too upset too be honest! But really, why reply to someone’s partner search if you don’t even bother to read it? Even if skimming you can still take stuff in. Also if you’re that interested even after skimming, it’s good manners to read the post properly before messaging someone.

Sure this isn’t as bad as other people’s stories here - I even have worse to share. But this really really pissed me off, and I can’t even explain why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back